Sign in to follow this  
BrickArt!san

[MOC] Camo Camion

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is without any doubt, the most focused-on project I've undertaken. Never, ever have I been up so late working on this, trying to finish it. I present to you, the third update (first on EB) of my "Camo Camion". I've certainly gained a new understanding for the word obsession...

5984507609_340d2b1628_b.jpg

I'd say for the most part, this is finished. I'll likely add mudguards sooner or later. That is, once I come up with a viable design. Other than that, I think I've included all the things I had wanted to. For instance; steering, rear suspension, camouflage, interior lighting, room for a minifigure, sensor array, and a hatch. Actually, believe it or not it can hold four figures!

5985065160_5072a9a6c0_b.jpg

Those are what are consider to be the more major details, if you think there is anything else I should add, let me know! I can't stress that one enough.

5984489419_6c3a1d3619_b.jpg

Whether or not you have suggestions, I hope you enjoy looking at this, I spent a lot of time; more time than ever on this. My goal was to make a realistic generic military truck with a wealth of details. I also challenged myself to use a rare colour few others use in their MOCs. I believe I've achieved all this, and perhaps more. Enjoy! :-)

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow. :wub:

That's some severely complex building going on there, well done on that one. I think the only thing that detracts from it a bit is the couple of places you've used stickers, which feel unnecessary given how well you've achieved the camo look without them. I think I'd be inclined to go without them myself.

I'm curious as to how fragile it is, it looks almost like it'd fall apart if you breathed on it a bit hard. :laugh:

Wow. :wub:

I'm curious as to how fragile it is, it looks almost like it'd fall apart if you breathed on it a bit hard. :laugh:

That's why the stickers are there, to hold things in place. Everything except the black ones on the rear lights. They don't actually play a structural role, the stickers are there only incase the MOC is bumped or, since this was photographed outside, in case birds or bugs try and pick the thing up (already happened with another MOC of mine.) I plan to remove the stickers when I take this truck to a convention, as I don't expect people or birds to knock it over. Thank you for the reply, and I'm glad you like it!

The camouflage-art is really nice done! Also nice piece-usage with the skates!

Very original! I really like this - an interesting approach to the camouflage problem, and very organic, even though it looks to be held together with Magic and Persuasion.

I'd like to see the what it looks like with mudguards, and also a picture of the underside would be nice :classic:

Very original! I really like this - an interesting approach to the camouflage problem, and very organic, even though it looks to be held together with Magic and Persuasion.

I'd like to see the what it looks like with mudguards, and also a picture of the underside would be nice :classic:

Meh, bottom isn't anything special. That is really the only part on the truck meant for function over form. As for mudguards, those are coming!

Thanks for the comments guys!