XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

That is going to be so cool! I hope it is exactly like what we thought, being that it fits under Jabba's palace so that we can send Oola and Luke down to meet their demise :devil:

That is going to be so cool! I hope it is exactly like what we thought, being that it fits under Jabba's palace so that we can send Oola and Luke down to meet their demise :devil:

:devil_laugh: I can't wait to see this. I might get Jabba's Palace... I don't know. Sounds exciting!

-Sci

FBTB says Lego will reveal a Rancor Pit set at SDCC.

Link: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/11/lego-announces-sdcc-2012-plans/

More news.

LEGO Star Wars - Saturday, July 14

May the Force be with San Diego Comic-Con visitors as LEGO Systems unveils the new LEGO Star Wars Rancor Pit construction set, one of 20 new LEGO Star Wars sets launching in 2013 and a sneak preview of the latest LEGO Star Wars episode slated to air on Cartoon Network. To complete this day’s expedition, a one-of-a-kind 5-inch Luke Skywalker in LEGO form will be given away to one lucky winner who enters the raffle.

Regarding the B-wing design, I completely agree with Aeroeza - It's a beauty :sweet:

However, using another color scheme would (while perhaps more being accurate when looking at the film model) disrupt the look established by other UCS ships. For example could the 10179 be white or sand colored instead of bley, but it seems that lego has settled and black, white and greys as base colors for their UCS ships. Having the B-wing using another color scheme would make it look like the odd one out compared to the rest (given the size of you collection of corse :tongue: )

And don't worry Aeroeza, I already have found the bricks needed for modding the curved/sloped bricks leading up to the cockpit :laugh: - By the way have you noticed that blueprint on the spec sheet sports another solution in this area? :laugh:

I really hope the Rancor is a build and in proper scale. I've seen alot of MOC Rancor builds and they all look pretty reasonable if Lego can tweak them somewhat.

Does that link to IGN suggest that there will be a LEGO Star Wars series on cartoon network or just another short movie? I am confused by the wording of episode, seeing as I usually relate that to a series not a one time thing.

... using another color scheme would (while perhaps more being accurate when looking at the film model) disrupt the look established by other UCS ships.

...but that's the point! Keep the light bley of course but much of the dark bley trim on the wings and engine housing could have done nicely with a light blue! It's part of the squadron colouring after all like the red trim on the X-Wing, Yellow on the Y-Wing and for the odd Snowspeeder a dash of Orange!

...it seems that lego has settled and black, white and greys as base colors for their UCS ships. Having the B-wing using another color scheme would make it look like the odd one out compared to the rest (given the size of you collection of corse :tongue: )

Nahh! Nothn' looks more 'odd man out' than a pre 2004 10030!!! 'Dem's real light 'n dark grays in deem dare Star Destroyers!!! :grin:

And don't worry Aeroeza, I already have found the bricks needed for modding the curved/sloped bricks leading up to the cockpit :laugh: - By the way have you noticed that blueprint on the spec sheet sports another solution in this area? :laugh:

Dang! I was too busy looking for another spelling mistake!! That's awesome!!! :laugh:

Also read that about the RANCOR PIT SET over at Fbtb. Really great to see TLG finally addressing some of these gaps in their OT coverage.

As for the makeup of the set, I guess it will all boil down to the price point. This could be a massive set with tons of new Jabba minions, or they could just go smaller and focus on the monster with the new skiff Luke and the updated Gamorrean guard. Personally I'd be happy with something in the $70 range with at least one or two new figs. We'll see!

Also very intriguing was the nugget that there would be 20 new SW sets in 2013. Wonder how many of those will be OT... Bantha riders, anyone??!

Also very intriguing was the nugget that there would be 20 new SW sets in 2013. Wonder how many of those will be OT... Bantha riders, anyone??!

I will see your Bantha riders and raise you one AotC Jango Fett!

FBTB says Lego will reveal a Rancor Pit set at SDCC.

Link: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/11/lego-announces-sdcc-2012-plans/

Kotaku is reporting 20 new Star Wars sets are planned for 2013 release and they will be showing off the Rancor Pit on Saturday :cry_happy:

I really hope the Rancor is a build and in proper scale. I've seen alot of MOC Rancor builds and they all look pretty reasonable if Lego can tweak them somewhat.

I'm looking at the Agents 8970 Robo Attack set sitting on the shelf in my office, clutching a poor minifig in its gripper claw, and thinking that probably looks about the right size for a properly done Rancor. I think whatever they do, it has to be well poseable.

If that's the case, I'm getting Jabba's Palace! :laugh:

This also explains the lack of seemingly essential figures in the Jabba's Palace set. Maybe they'll be nice enough to give us a Malakili minifigure and another one of the new Luke Skywalkers!

Come on guys don't be naive we have seen the Rancor already.

Come on guys don't be naive we have seen the Rancor already.

Has there ever been a LEGO Rancor? I don't remember ever seeing one.

Thank you very much for this information! :classic:

A Rancor Pit - that does sound great! :thumbup:

I personally never would have thought that we ever will get one.

I guess the pit will be the same size like the palace main building. Maybe there's a even a small building to put under the tower, too - either a small prison or the droids' room.

I can't imagine the Rancor to be completely up to scale with the real one.

For minifigs: Luke for sure (but I bet with the DS 2 outfit, cloak and hood) and maybe the Rancor keeper and / or IG-88 and / or Goink Droid.

Well, let's see. Luckily it's not too long til Saturday.

Klaus-Dieter

So just read the news of a rancor set being revealed on Saturday of SDCC.

It's supposed to be one of 20 new SW sets being released in 2012 :wub:

perhaps we are nearing closer to a 2013 pictures and rumors topic? :wink:

Thanks for the link!

Nevertheless I can't imagine that it will be that big - imagine how huge then the pit had to be.

Although there won't be any other 2013 sets revealed (according to the press release), I hope that we'll get that (unofficial?) Endor set seen on the picture of some showcases inside the Lego factory.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Nevertheless I can't imagine that it will be that big - imagine how huge then the pit had to be.

I'm not sure; from the video it looks like it would be around the same size or slightly larger than the T-Rex from Dino, which is imaginable. The pit would only need to have some high poles to support the palace, but otherwise wouldn't need to be monumentally large.

Awesome, I can't believe we are finally getting a Rancor, I've been wishing for this set over years. But now that I have think about it I believe it will probably be an exclusive. :hmpf_bad:

With the rancor set coming up in 2013, do you think its probable that there will be the rumoured Ewok Village? In my opinion, if so, it will be a smaller set or will come up in the second half of the year.

...but that's the point! Keep the light bley of course but much of the dark bley trim on the wings and engine housing could have done nicely with a light blue! It's part of the squadron colouring after all like the red trim on the X-Wing, Yellow on the Y-Wing and for the odd Snowspeeder a dash of Orange!

I agree. Those little splashes of color really set the Rebel fighters apart from their greyscale Imperial rivals, but they're not too colorful, like some PT craft.