XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I think that they tried, but LEGO maybe has only allowed this type of picture from a distance.

Yes maybe, but as I said there are pictures of these:

2012Lego03.JPG

so why not more pictures of the same type?

Holy mother of God. :sick: :sick: :sick: What sort of heartless talentless criminal has defaced malevolence to that extent? :angry: The front of the ship (particularly the upper front) looks way too flat whereas the back of the ship looks too fat. I am just hoping and praying that the reason why the back of the ship looks that way is because the upper flaps in the back section have been raised too much. Why couldn't Lego just improve the previous version of Malevolence?

Here is a picture of the model I built following Lego's instructions. In comparison to this the new ship looks like it has been pumped with steroids.

IMG_0395.jpg

Oooh! That's risky.

You're being sarcastic? I don't really know what the rules are about the pics, to be honest.

Especialy when reading these sorts of comments:

I did, I'll get them onto my Flickr pronto.

Here's hoping TLG doesn't delete me. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Here you go:

--

(I hope it's alright to deeplink it)

Half of them have come out now

:wacko: What do you mean?

Holy mother of God. :sick: :sick: :sick: What sort of heartless talentless criminal has defaced malevolence to that extent? :angry: The front of the ship (particularly the upper front) looks way too flat whereas the back of the ship looks too fat. I am just hoping and praying that the reason why the back of the ship looks that way is because the upper flaps in the back section have been raised too much. Why couldn't Lego just improve the previous version of Malevolence?

Here is a picture of the model I built following Lego's instructions. In comparison to this the new ship looks like it has been pumped with steroids.

IMG_0395.jpg

They are flaps, both front and back. When they are closed, the set will look better.

I did, I'll get them onto my Flickr pronto.

Here's hoping TLG doesn't delete me. :cry_sad:

EDIT: Here you go:

6813743825_a362ed7895_z.jpg

(I hope it's alright to deeplink it)

Someone on FBTB's Flickr pointed out there might be hinged flaps on the top of the Malevolance that a person setting up the models could have simply failed to fold down correctly. Given how badly Hero Factory sets are sometimes posed at the various Toy Fairs, I wouldn't be surprised by such an oversight. :hmpf:

Not sure how much that would improve the ship since honestly I know very little about the Malevolence and have only ever seen side views. But there is still that slight chance that people may be judging it too quickly, so I figured I'd mention the possibility. If I'm wrong, don't hesitate to shove it in my face. :tongue:

R3 units are unique in that they sport transparent domes, so that can't be it. Then again, astromechs from THE Clone Wars have been given R7 and R8 designations, so it could happen.

Wookieepedia suggests that the green droid is currently unnamed.

IMG_0395.jpg

I have a copy of the instructions to the Malevolence but never got around to making her. I'd love to see a side by side comparison between the old one and the 2012 edition.

Half of them have come out now

I'm not sure what you mean, but the picture being discussed is of the Summer wave.

Is there 4 planet sets coming out? Or...is it the January releases too? I'm liking the Malevolence. Maybe that's because I'm not such a stickler for accuracy as some of you SW nuts are. Don't get me wrong, I want accuarcy, but size doesn't matter. :tongue: Besides, haven't we been over this a million times before... The other ship, while I have no background info on it, I like it and will be buying it too.

For me, I think I have to count myself out for the Malevolence, and for the EU ships as well. However, the Jedi Starfighter will be mine. :devil:

I have a copy of the instructions to the Malevolence but never got around to making her. I'd love to see a side by side comparison between the old one and the 2012 edition.

Looking at that picture, the new Malevolence is looking pretty bad. I wasn't very interested in it anyway, being an OT fan. And do we really need ANOTHER Jedi Starfighter? :hmpf:

Still waiting for pictures of Jabba's Palace. :classic:

Wow, those are ugly sets. Even if the Malevolence may be set up incorrectly. The JSF is the same old design, it looks like, and the other one just looks like a stack of various plates. :sick: It's too early to tell for sure, but I don't really want any of the minifigs, other than maybe Lobot.

Looks like my Train collection is the one that'll be getting bigger this year.

Looking at that picture, the new Malevolence is looking pretty bad. I wasn't very interested in it anyway, being an OT fan. And do we really need ANOTHER Jedi Starfighter? :hmpf:

Still waiting for pictures of Jabba's Palace. :classic:

I was thinking the same about the new Malevolence but I'll have to wait to make a final decision until I see better pics of it.

Personally, I'm pretty sick of another Jedi Starfighter. These sets sell so poorly that they've gotta be a waste to make them. Of course I'm speaking of my local area. The last one, Plo Koon Starfighter went on 50% off clearance at a local Walmart and even at that price no one was buying them. That and the Freeco Speeder were the only two LEGO SW sets on clearance that didn't sell.

I was thinking the same about the new Malevolence but I'll have to wait to make a final decision until I see better pics of it.

Personally, I'm pretty sick of another Jedi Starfighter. These sets sell so poorly that they've gotta be a waste to make them. Of course I'm speaking of my local area. The last one, Plo Koon Starfighter went on 50% off clearance at a local Walmart and even at that price no one was buying them. That and the Freeco Speeder were the only two LEGO SW sets on clearance that didn't sell.

Well, they must be selling overall. I don't think they'd make another one if the previous versions didn't sell. I, for one, am ok with them. I have both Kloons and Windus, while missing out on the others. Sure, they're not the coolest ships in the galaxy, but they do have a great swoosh factor. :blush:

It wouldn't be a great comparison as the old Malevolence was a midi-scale and the new one system-scale, it would be like comparing the midi Falcon with the new system one.

If I remember correctly 9515 was described as having a "detailed interior", which might explain why the ship looks a bit disproportioned from the outside.

It wouldn't be a great comparison as the old Malevolence was a midi-scale and the new one system-scale, it would be like comparing the midi Falcon with the new system one.

From what I have seen so far I'd rather have the midi-scale any day. In fact if the Malevolence comes out looking the way it does :sick: in that picture then I will just stick to the old one.

If I remember correctly 9515 was described as having a "detailed interior", which might explain why the ship looks a bit disproportioned from the outside.

Disfiguring the outside look so that the inside looks better? Surely Lego hasn't got that overconfident to make a stupid mistake like that? I mean, I hope not anyway.

On X-Wing from Planet Set Series 2, does anybody knows who is the pilot?

On previous pictures looks like Jek Porkins but I am not sure about it, hope to see a new Wedge Antilles or Garven Greis (Red Leader) will be great with his golden helmet :sweet: or a new Biggs Darklighter :laugh:

Disfiguring the outside look so that the inside looks better? Surely Lego hasn't got that overconfident to make a stupid mistake like that? I mean, I hope not anyway.

It's not that disfigured in comparison to the Venator set or the CR-90, which both had exterior aesthetics sacrificed for interior playability.

Well, Lego has to find an optimum between shape, number of tiles, and playability. When the playability (which implies design of the interior) and the number of tiles are given, the shape is a resultant.

You're being sarcastic? I don't really know what the rules are about the pics, to be honest.

Especialy when reading these sorts of comments:

Not sarcastic, I was just unsure of wether or not those pics would result in TLG emailing everyone.

They haven't contacted me, so I guess we're "in the clear" to let them get deeplinked and flashed.

The initial pics were removed by the user because of something that had to do with another member of the "site of origin".

So there's no official witchhunt, yet!

The rules are pretty simple - lay off preliminary and confidential pics with watermarks.

Anything else is "free to play" - unless TLG asks us to remove them.

Which they may do on rare occasions.