XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I really don't care about the new old republic sets, but I would hope the minifigs would have normal faces and detalied bodies.

As for the UCS B-wing it says on the first post it will come out in September so we'll most likely get pictures during the Comic-Con where the Fall Lego Star Wars set pictures are ussally released(UCS obi-wans Starfighter and the Imperial Shuttle both came in the fall and we saw pictures of them during the Comic-Con), and we'll most likely get to see pictures of the UCS R2-D2, if it comes out in March, during the toy fair in New York(we saw the first pictures of the Dropship during the toy fair aswell.)

I thought lego ussally puts out a set or two in the Japan toy fair to take pictures of, if so, when is that toy fair and where are the pictures?

Walmart (in the US) is apparently putting out all the new Star Wars Lego on the same day: Feb 10th:

AkQ3fvaCQAA26Ju.jpg

Thank you, I know what day I will be heading out to Wally World

In the interest of sparing anyone else a trip to the Chamber, I'd like to remind you all that we do have a separate topic for availability. :wink:

Edited by Fallenangel

How about a screenshot from the actual game, rather than a pre-rendered trailer?

I haven't played the game, so I'm not sure about how characters actually look. Maybe they're more detailed in cutscenes?

In terms of body proportions, at least, Clone Wars characters are somewhat exaggerated, particularly with facial features.

I think in this case the minifigures wouldn't be Clone Wars-style, because if the in-game characters look kind of odd, it's probably unintentional.

Edited by Delta 38

Sounds consistent with what we have seen from preliminary pictures a few weeks ago except Jabba's Palace there is no mention of that 10th figure with the hammerhead silhouette on the box, who ever it is I hope they haven't scrapped it because other than Crumb, Boushh and Oola the rest are rehashes and for those who already have them that is a lot of coin to pay for 3 exclusives and an average palace build :sceptic:

I didn't have time to list the figs when I saw the set at the Toy Fair, but from the dealer catalogue, it appears they're counting Han in Carbonite as one of the 10 figures as well as the actual Han figure :S

I didn't have time to list the figs when I saw the set at the Toy Fair, but from the dealer catalogue, it appears they're counting Han in Carbonite as one of the 10 figures as well as the actual Han figure :S

I can understand that, it's a fair sized brick/mold that piece with lots of detail.

I can understand that, it's a fair sized brick/mold that piece with lots of detail.

I agree. It's a good piece. I'm hoping for a new one, though. I don't know how Lego could change it, but I don't really want two of the same Han in Carbonites.

I agree. It's a good piece. I'm hoping for a new one, though. I don't know how Lego could change it, but I don't really want two of the same Han in Carbonites.

I Don' t understand your Point...: you want to get another Han in Carbonite, looking the same. So you think ist is realistic that an "in-Carbonite-frozen" Han Solo will change the optic while he is frozen in Carbonite???

I Don' t understand your Point...: you want to get another Han in Carbonite, looking the same. So you think ist is realistic that an "in-Carbonite-frozen" Han Solo will change the optic while he is frozen in Carbonite???

If I understand JackJonespaw correctly, he likes the current Han in carbonite, and he thinks that it won't be changed by Lego. However, he hopes that it will be changed, although he does not know how, in what way, it should be changed or could be improved.

Then we'd have to pay the extra cost for a new mold. It doesn't hurt to have multiple considering it was featured in multiple scenes.

The only thing that Lego will do with the carbinate is maybe give it a new print on the mold. Otherwise I see no reason to change the mold as it is an excellent piece. Also it ties in with the story of Leia coming to rescue Han which is what I take this set to be about. Hoping for an add on next year of a rancor pit.

The only thing that Lego will do with the carbinate is maybe give it a new print on the mold. Otherwise I see no reason to change the mold as it is an excellent piece. Also it ties in with the story of Leia coming to rescue Han which is what I take this set to be about. Hoping for an add on next year of a rancor pit.

It seems the only reasonable excuse for not having it included. Look for technic hole bricks in the finished jabba set

It seems the only reasonable excuse for not having it included. Look for technic hole bricks in the finished jabba set

Check under Jabba's throne. If there is a plate below the sliding mechanism, there will be no Rancor pit.

It's unlikely just because of how many bricks would be needed to lift the palace high enough for rancor playability while still being stable. I don't see it ever happening, a kid will pull the trap door, then take the figure to a different area for easy Rancor movement.

It's unlikely just because of how many bricks would be needed to lift the palace high enough for rancor playability while still being stable. I don't see it ever happening, a kid will pull the trap door, then take the figure to a different area for easy Rancor movement.

True but it could attach to the side, but thats not the vision unfortunately. Now if only the whole thing was on a raised baseplate :sad:

Check under Jabba's throne. If there is a plate below the sliding mechanism, there will be no Rancor pit.

With the Rancor pit they could just do a large door to crush the Rancor with and not actually give as a room as such. I would be happy with that. A pit under the place seems too far fetched but I just want a Lego Rancor :excited:, give it to me. Maybe a pin that hold the door up and you can push the button and it releases the door and crushes the Rancor. Simple, recreates a scene in the movie and we get a Rancor.

That's all I want from a Rancor pit now it imposable to get the pit under the throne.

So with this week's Toy Fair in Nuremberg coming up, is it likely that we'll see pictures of the sets soon? The website lists the dates for the fair as February 1-6, but I'm not sure what kind of info has come from this event in past years.

Sheesh! I'm about to get fed up with those superpacks.

Sheesh! I'm about to get fed up with those superpacks.

Well, I generally like them. However, I would like them even more if the combination of sets would make more sense, e.g. combining three TCW sets or three ep 1 sets etc.

Seriously who was the goose that came up that combo eh ? :wacko:

A Clone Wars set, Episode four and six in one box....hey, SW canon is already screwed up as it is why not Lego superpacks ! :laugh: