XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I'm sorry to ask such a bizarre question but I somehow have it in my head that along with the new Darth Vader LED keychain, Lego will be making a Stormtrooper one as well :sceptic: is it real or have I just imagined it?

I'm sorry to ask such a bizarre question but I somehow have it in my head that along with the new Darth Vader LED keychain, Lego will be making a Stormtrooper one as well :sceptic: is it real or have I just imagined it?

No, it's real. I can't find the pic right now, but whan I do I will post it.

No, it's real. I can't find the pic right now, but whan I do I will post it.

Superb! I was hoping there was something behind my uncertanty, can't wait :sweet:

I'm Not sure if anyone had confirmed this but the Mandalorian Starfighter is a Walmart Limited Edition Set meaning that Palpatine's Arrest will be a Toys R US limited Editon Set.

I then thought about it and I'm pretty sure that Palpatine's Arrest will be only 34.99$ like the Spider Droid which was also a Toys R Us set and that same year the winter Toys RUs set was the Solar Sailer which sold for 49.99$

like this year we had Y-wing which sold for that same price

Toys R Us sets:

2008: Winter Set-Soiler Sailer(49.99$)--Summer Set-Spider Droid(34.99)

2012: Winter Set-Y-wing Bomber(49.99$)--Sumer Set-Palpatines Arrest(29.99$-34.99$)

If this were true, I coud see a small Ofiice and Jedi Speeder with 5 minifiguers(Palpatine, Mace Windo, Anakin, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto).

Hopefully more Information on that set to come soon.

I'm Not sure if anyone had confirmed this but the Mandalorian Starfighter is a Walmart Limited Edition Set meaning that Palpatine's Arrest will be a Toys R US limited Editon Set.

I then thought about it and I'm pretty sure that Palpatine's Arrest will be only 34.99$ like the Spider Droid which was also a Toys R Us set and that same year the winter Toys RUs set was the Solar Sailer which sold for 49.99$

like this year we had Y-wing which sold for that same price

Toys R Us sets:

2008: Winter Set-Soiler Sailer(49.99$)--Summer Set-Spider Droid(34.99)

2012: Winter Set-Y-wing Bomber(49.99$)--Sumer Set-Palpatines Arrest(29.99$-34.99$)

If this were true, I coud see a small Ofiice and Jedi Speeder with 5 minifiguers(Palpatine, Mace Windo, Anakin, Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto).

Hopefully more Information on that set to come soon.

It is more likely to by similer to the Home One set. (That was a TRU exclusive.)

I'm expecting a reveal on the 16th March since this will coinside with LLW opening! :wink:

just wanted to share this.

Nice find! I'm quite impressed with the model- the retractable third leg and play features are nice. I'm very tempted to get this since R2-D2 is my favorite SW character, but ultimately I feel like it will come down to the price.

just wanted to share this.

A remarkable find indeed. Beaten to it by seconds! :tongue: It looks like a very interesting model and I really do like the third leg feature. It does add a lot more accuracy to the whole model.

Incredibly enough, I don't think I've never seen someone looking so desperate to please the public with a UCS.

Throughout the whole video I felt as if the two designers were screaming "please tell me you will buy it! look, we managed to fit as many gimmicks as possible into it! OOOOOh, shiny!".

I was looking forward to this set, but they really scared me away.

Looks great so how are we gonna be able to fit a pf motor in each foot with only 4x10 space available?

Incredibly enough, I don't think I've never seen someone looking so desperate to please the public with a UCS.

Throughout the whole video I felt as if the two designers were screaming "please tell me you will buy it! look, we managed to fit as many gimmicks as possible into it! OOOOOh, shiny!".

Same feeling here, I recall the video for 10221 SSD, Kurt was looking like he was apologizing for the set... I guess the guy is like that, not being too much emotional after all

Regarding this R2-D2, looks like we are in the middle of nowhere : Not really UCS, not really playable. I would have added PF motors and a remote to make it really attractive to kids.

So does that mean haunted house is also more or less confirmed?... cool model.

Where's the gimmicks? All I see are accurate Artoo features. Retractable third leg-check. Interface key-check. Circular saw-check. Only thing missing that I remember is the boosters on his legs.

Same feeling here, I recall the video for 10221 SSD, Kurt was looking like he was apologizing for the set... I guess the guy is like that, not being too much emotional after all

Regarding this R2-D2, looks like we are in the middle of nowhere : Not really UCS, not really playable. I would have added PF motors and a remote to make it really attractive to kids.

UCS isn't meant to be played with. They're display models.

I think it's brilliant. Like someone else said, the deter ing factor will be price. They did a great job with the all the details they put into this model.

Where's the gimmicks? All I see are accurate Artoo features. Retractable third leg-check. Interface key-check. Circular saw-check. Only thing missing that I remember is the boosters on his legs.

UCS isn't meant to be played with. They're display models.

I think it's brilliant. Like someone else said, the deter ing factor will be price. They did a great job with the all the details they put into this model.

100% agreed- I think the model is very well detailed and not the least bit gimmicky

Only thing missing that I remember is the boosters on his legs.

That and, though I know why they were not included, the sensor dish and Lightsaber launcher. Also, the "Shock Probe", but again, it would be difficult at this scale.

I can't think of any other iconic Artoo gadgets right now.

Really a great set... It will be very hard not to buy it. :laugh:

First and foremost, I really don't get the rant about the designers. First it was people gushing over Astrid on her 10224 Town Hall video presentation, and now nitpicks on these two? Why get fixated on the designers when the focus should be on the LEGO product. :wacko:

As for the set, I like it. I think they did a pretty good job with the overall design, detailing, and adding some neat features. It's also a 'breath of fresh air' from the previous ship-dominated UCS releases of years past (though SW ship lovers could still look forward to the upcoming UCS B-Wing). The only thing that I might not like about this set is the expected high price and the fact that this almost all-white finish will be prone to yellowing in a few years time. But still, it looks like a decent set overall, and I'd be interested to see it up close before passing any conclusive judgement.

Thanks again to joshizzyk for sharing! :thumbup:

I don't know, I watched the video a few times, and all I really feel is...underwhelmed. Part of me really like this, as I have to have an R2 unit, by by the same token, I just can't get past the "functions" on it. And I really don't like the fact R2 leans forward when his third leg is deployed. The two legs that he usually stands on do not have that wide of a range of motion, and the pivot occurs in the shoulders, not the feet. On the whole, I am just not that impressed for all the build-up.

What high price it's only £150 thats cheap!

why didn't they include his periscope?