Sign in to follow this  
hardcorowy

Jaden Korr's Z-95 Headhunter [MOC]

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi,here is my second MOC.This is Jaden's Korr Z-95 seen in Jedy Academy.It took me about week to build and in the end I had decided to build an imperial outpost, the one from Hoth mission :sweet: .

dsc00369cc.jpg

dsc00371j.jpg

dsc00376kp.jpg

dsc00380gi.jpg

dsc00360nd.jpg

dsc00355xr.jpg

dsc00364dv.jpg

With the old nose:

dsc00351pv.jpg

More Photos: http://imageshack.us...dsc00331wo.jpg/

Edited by hardcorowy

Very nice hardcorowy. I like the Headhunter very much. As for the accuracy I'll leave that to more qualified hands :laugh:. But It does look really good, it's also nice to see the 'proper' Z-95, as opposed to the X-Wing minus 2 S-foils version. I also like the outpost it looks quite clever. I own Jedi Academy but haven't ever played it so I don't know what the Hoth level is but it looks good all the same :thumbup:.

I gave the headhunter a shot almost two years ago , I think , I uploaded it to flickr much later , it's quite funny , cause my Jaden was exactly the same as yours . Your headhunter is much better than that old version of mine , and from what I remember it's really accurate ( it's been almost two years since I last played the game , but I was intrigued by the Z-95 , so I remember a thing or two ) . I also like the base and the lights that lead to it ( it's one thing I do remember from Academy ) . All in all , the creation is a huge success ! Although , if you want to make it perfect, you can try and make it flow a bit more ( I'm not sure if that 's the word , but what I mean is that it has to feel a bit more ... natural , for example , I thing you should add tiles to the whole wing and not only parts of it ). It's still very nice though . default_thumbup.gif

Edited by Troopmaker

Nice headhunter 'hardcorowy', I like the design with it's wing tip laser cannons.....you can see how it evolved into the X-wing in the long run eh ? :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'hardcorowy' ! :grin:

I gave the headhunter a shot almost two years ago , I think , I uploaded it to flickr much later , it's quite funny , cause my Jaden was exactly the same as yours .

:sweet: I used to play human male (nothing special :laugh: )who was random hero.
Although , if you want to make it perfect, you can try and make it flow a bit more ( I'm not sure if that 's the word , but what I mean is that it has to feel a bit more ... natural , for example , I thing you should add tiles to the whole wing and not only parts of it ). It's still very nice though .

I would love to, but I don't have more tiles. There is also something that I would change in the cockpit surrounding to make it look less blocky. As you can see I am using a mix of old and new light grey and that is the next thing I would like to change. Maybe in a future, and maybe it would be X-wing :sweet:.

By the way thanks to all for positive opinions :classic: .

Nice headhunter 'hardcorowy', I like the design with it's wing tip laser cannons.....you can see how it evolved into the X-wing in the long run eh ? :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you 'hardcorowy' ! :grin:

Thanks :classic:. Yes it's very similar to the x-wing's. It's funny that this ship is older than Arc-170 which was based on Z95. I can't see resemblance between these two ships like between Z95 and x-wing.

If somebody is interested I have used mainly this photo to build the ship.

Z95headhunter_egvv.jpg

Hey, nice job! It's got a nice refined look to it. The biggest inaccuracy I can spot is that the nose looks too fat the way you've done it with the SNOT siding. It needs to slope inwards more. Other than that, everything looks pretty good.

Some very nice SNOT work on this MOC... I think the area around the cockpit is actually fairly well done (though I'm also interesting in seeing how you will improve that). The biggest thing I would work on is improving the nose, and of course incorporating the partial hexagonal cross-section which you've conspicuously omitted (those two aspects should help each other).

I would advise you also to use in-game reference rather than the Essential Guide (since the latter is known for being notoriously inaccurate). Good luck!

Hello!

That's a great representation of the Z-95 headhunter. I am very familiar with this ship from many EU sources, novels, and the RPG. I especially like the wide engine cowling after the cockpit. It's characteristic for the headhunter, and turned out nicely here. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I used to play human male (nothing special :laugh: )who was random hero.
Same here ( the first time I fnished the game , cause , man , I've played it over and over a thousand times !) ,2 blue sabers ......

A very well done Z-95 Headhunter, I really like the overall smooth presentation/build a lot that I don't even had to compare it to the reference image to check on the accuracy. Great job! :thumbup:

Great work, I would try to make the back of the cockpit more rounded and the nose a but thinner and streamlined but instantly reconisable and probly better that I would do. :thumbup:

Coincidence? :look:

Or was it this? :wink:

In any case, great solution for the nose!

Maybe it is. I have not seen this x-wing before. If someone use a building solution it doesn't mean that he had invented it. In my opinion using this or similar method is the best way to achieve the most hexagonal shape like you said before. I don't know why are you suggesting that I have copied someone's work. Anyway if you want to see it from the inside here is a photo. I 've also uploaded a photo of interesting and useful brick (in my opinion) from polish clone brand- cobi (I think that lego should make similar part). :classic:

dsc00387db.jpg

dsc00386n.jpg

Maybe it is. I have not seen this x-wing before. If someone use a building solution it doesn't mean that he had invented it. In my opinion using this or similar method is the best way to achieve the most hexagonal shape like you said before. I don't know why are you suggesting that I have copied someone's work.

Please do not take this the wrong way, hardcorowy; when I saw your solution for the nose of the Z-95 I immediately thought of those two X-wings (L-DI-EGO's and mine). There are few LEGO MOCers who are able to effectively capture the hexagonal cross-section of the nose (it happens to be somewhat of an obsession of mine); I hope you are happy to hear that you place among their ranks, and using yet another creative solution at that. :thumbup:

I had initially thought that you may have had seen either of those and decided to base the nose off of what they did, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that so long as you give credit (how many people have based their T-47 MOCs off Larry Lars'?) However, I see now from the deconstructed image you provided that the build is not the same at all. Again, great work!

Please do not take this the wrong way, hardcorowy; when I saw your solution for the nose of the Z-95 I immediately thought of those two X-wings (L-DI-EGO's and mine). There are few LEGO MOCers who are able to effectively capture the hexagonal cross-section of the nose (it happens to be somewhat of an obsession of mine); I hope you are happy to hear that you place among their ranks, and using yet another creative solution at that. :thumbup:

I had initially thought that you may have had seen either of those and decided to base the nose off of what they did, and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that so long as you give credit (how many people have based their T-47 MOCs off Larry Lars'?) However, I see now from the deconstructed image you provided that the build is not the same at all. Again, great work!

Ok so I have misunderstood your words :classic:

Anyway thanks for the opinion.

Nice work. Still a bit big, but it looks better with this nose.

I 've also uploaded a photo of interesting and useful brick (in my opinion) from polish clone brand- cobi (I think that lego should make similar part). :classic:

[snip]

:sing: Blasphemy!

:tongue:

:sing: Blasphemy!

Really :oh:. I use a megablocks piece that is similar except its a double sided 2x2 square (two on the piece there). TLG should make double sided pieces IMO :classic:.