Sign in to follow this  
De Sandman

The Black Revenge (in progress)

thindexedgif.gif 107B

Hi there, i'm new at Eurobricks, i've already made diffrent kind of ships but this is the biggest i've ever built...(and still in progress).

Enjoy!

post-18618-130874329981.jpg

post-18618-13087433098.jpg

Hi there, i'm new at Eurobricks, i've already made diffrent kind of ships but this is the biggest i've ever built...(and still in pregress).

Enjoy!

This is darn impressive, I have to say. I love the hull. Although not bein' sure sure of how to rate it, it looks very good and carefully designed. Especially the colour scheme and the curving appeal to me. This wold be a galleon variant, wouldn't it? If I may suggest: higher masts and more sails would do it good :pir-sweet:

Thanks for the comment, maybee tommorrow new pictures....and i am not yet convinced that bigger masts would look better in my opinion....

Looks very cool with an interesting colourscheme and shape. The masts do look to low for the ship, but your best getting advice off one of the members who know more about the subject. Also, the rigging pieces look odd as they don't attach to the sides of the ship. Apart from that, this is a nice effort!

Awesome ship :thumbup: Nice shape and good use of colours.

I think making the masts a bit taller would improve this ship.

And the amount of sails is historically accurate except for the spritsail topsail. At least, I believe I've never seen that in combination with 3 jibs.

I'd like to see more pictures of this ship. Perhaps it's easier in the future to deeplink your images. Here and here are tutorials.

Thanks for sharing :pir-classic:

I've managed to get a drawing of a galleon....the masts aren't that high, and i think i don't want to change them because they were many hours of work.

dauphin-royale-frans-linieschip-1070-ton-1658.jpg?w=720&h=400

Here are some more pictures (a bit blurry but i will upload new pics next week)

foto0661.jpg

foto0660.jpg

foto0629.jpg

foto0628.jpg

Edited by De Sandman

I'm still not too fond of the rigging/sails but the hull and the flag are awesome.

The hull is very detailed with many different colours and shapes, but still it looks very detailed and orderly.

Deck details like the stairs, and stern details like the shields and the open galleries are also very nice.

I hope the folder gets public tomorrow, because then it will be [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

By the way, I do think you should put that sailor pants on :pirate:

Thanks.....about the rigging and sails, it's the first time i made sails myself and i wanted to overdo it, thats wy there is a sail on the top of the bowsprit, the rigging is not yet ready...maby i wil change it...suggestions???

And i wil putt on pants on that sailor (he fell in the water and his pants fell of :pir-sweet:

Hello De Sandman,

I really like your hull! It has a nice colourscheme and is loaded with some nice details! (Personally I'd remove those swords and halberds on the sides though) Also I think your bow looks really good!!

As for the masts, they are way too short! The length of the mainmast on a square rigged man'o war (starting from the main deck) should be almost as long as the entire hull without the bowsprit.

If it were a merchantman the mainmast would be a little shorter. The length of the other masts would have to be adjusted accordingly of course pirate_wink.gif

Because they are too short on your ship it makes the entire hull look stubby, which is a shame considering how nice the hull is.

If you would like more insight into how these ships were built I strongly advise you to register at modelshipworld.com and look at some of the models and/or building logs on the site . Even if it is just for the general shape (a model will always be a better representation than a painting or a picture) I am sure one could learn a lot! pirate_wink.gif I know I have.

Anyway, keep up the good work!!

Greetings,

Errorist

Isnt that flag a bit tooo big for the ship? :pir-wink:

I do like the staircase there, and, some good details throughout the ship. While cloth sails would be cool, you can always make those later, and add them when you are able too.

Oh, and welcome to Eurobricks and Classic Pirates De Sandman.

It's the revenge that the ship's captain will have on his adversaries that is black, not the ship itself :pir-tongue:

Seriously, this is a pretty massive vessel. I hope you are not one of those guys who builds a giant model and then realizes it doesn'T fit through the doorway :pir_laugh2:

Are the sails made of paper? If yes, -1 for that detail! Make some proper ones from cotton, now! :pir-classic:

If no, then +1 for extra effort.

Edit: Oh, and don't trip when you carry it around!

Edited by Cherno

It's not very black, is it? :pir-grin:

That's because the name is for the figurehead on the forecastle, he's black... :pir-look:

It's the revenge that the ship's captain will have on his adversaries that is black, not the ship itself :pir-tongue:

Seriously, this is a pretty massive vessel. I hope you are not one of those guys who builds a giant model and then realizes it doesn'T fit through the doorway :pir_laugh2:

Are the sails made of paper? If yes, -1 for that detail! Make some proper ones from cotton, now! :pir-classic:

If no, then +1 for extra effort.

Edit: Oh, and don't trip when you carry it around!

Thanks for the compliments....and yes i'm sorry the sails are made of paper, that's because it is the first time i made them myselve...the ship itself is now torn apart, i'm now building an even bigger ship :pir-sweet: ...pics wil follow.

I'm looking forward to your next MOC.

As for the sails, check the sail-making tutorial in the tutorial index if you haven't already done so, it's worth it.

Keeep up the good work! :bonaparte: