Hinckley

Brickworld 2011 Images

Planet Skcirborue - the Eurobricks Collaborative Display - during World of Lights and Sounds:

5854033050_eea4b64570_z.jpg

Norro's Thing

What's that sposeda be? It's cool!

Details:

5854069842_ae1758849a_z.jpg

Plasmo's

5853498577_dbc8cd81c0_z.jpg

Quarryman's Space Beer Truck

5853513491_62393af394_z.jpg

The Bullfrog

More to come when I'm less knackered :sadnew:

What a masterpiece! It may be plastic LEGO pieces, but everything looks so natural and organic. It must have been so exciting for everyone there to see such an amazing display in person. :thumbup:

What sort of lights did you guys use?

Absolutely fantastic work guys. What a masterpiece.

I really like how it turned out: the overall layout, the central towers, the organic elements (that's a lot of sea-weed :sweet:), the lighting (awesome), the different kind of trains, all the cools MOCs...

To be honest, when I first saw the video from Hinck, I though "this has got to be one of the central pieces of the fair". I feel so proud of EB right now! :cry_happy:

Looking forward to more info about the build process. And we need close-ups, more close-ups. :classic:

Great work by the whole EB team. Seeing this up close was amazing and the pictures (although awesome) don't do it justice. It really was a masterpiece.

-Davey

Wow, fantastic work guys! Way to represent EB. :thumbup:

The monorail feature is so fun to watch; I bet the display was even better in person.

I love how natural it looks, and although it has many colors, they all work great together and don't clash. Great lighting as well.

Who all worked on this?

What sort of lights did you guys use?

Various. :wink: The main effect came from two pretty large blacklights placed beneath the huge laser beams from Norro's Galidor ship (first good usage of Galidor pieces I've seen I think :laugh:), Rufus had normal PF lights and a light brick in his spaceship, the lights on the sign of Plasmo's are from Lifelites, and I manually wired up 3mm ultra-bright white LEDs for my hover truck (did that at the hotel with no soldering iron and crappy wires, lots of cursing could be heard during the process, and the lights were never stable, monorail passing by could often make them switch off due to the crappy connections).

Who all worked on this?

In no particular order:

Stash2Sixx

Norro

CopMike

Quarryman

Rufus

Pandora

I Scream Clone (shipped over awesome stuff from Australia)

Peppermint_M (sent her stuff with Rufus and Pandora)

Ricecracker

Hinckley

CarrollFilms

Siegfried

Polish Guy (detail handler :wub: )

Thanks everyone for a great time! Here's a quick post with another video and some pics - enjoy :sweet:!

The whole enchilada!

Maersk Monorail Mania!

gallery_148_155_38355.jpg

Zorro :wub:!

More to come later!

In no particular order:

Stash2Sixx

Norro

CopMike

Quarryman

Rufus

Pandora

Ricecracker

Hinckley

CarrollFilms

Siegfried

Do not forget me... I helped a tiny bit putting together the grass things and putting out some of the bricks for the water. :wink:

In no particular order:

Stash2Sixx

Norro

CopMike

Quarryman

Rufus

Pandora

Ricecracker

Hinckley

CarrollFilms

Siegfried

Polish Guy (detail handler :wub: )

Count me in for next year!

Do not forget me... I helped a tiny bit putting together the grass things and putting out some of the bricks for the water. :wink:

I too helped Polish Guy and Norro put together the sea weeds but don't add me to that amazing list of people who put forth the real effort in making that layout a huge success. It was amazing to see it go up in two days and World of Lights was the icing on the cake.

Brickworld was great again this year. I had a great time meeting new people and seeing old friends. I can't wait for BW 2012!

I'll post some pics here once I upload them to my computer.

Wow such a great display, with light is even more amazing. :thumbup:

Also kudos for the detail for Zorro.

Spectacular display, great work everyone! :thumbup: What a sight it must have been to see this in real life!

5858857342_e6bc8b98db.jpg

Here's a picture of me with my daughter Lydia at her first ever Brickworld Convention.

I don't think she cared as much as I did at the time. :pir-cry_sad:

She couldn't come last year because I had to stand up in a wedding. :look:

5858548109_bb01ed036d.jpg

Here is Siegy's ship with a close up of the commemoration sheet next to the ship. :sadnew:

5859102642_171f53bfb5_z.jpg

More pics in my Flickr

Holy CRAP. you guys built that in 48 hours?

That makes the build even more incredible. I certainly hope to shake some of your hands @ BW2012

Truly great, guys. Sadly, the part where I laughed is in front of the black building, with 3 piggies, and a poor minifig that is about to get eaten. But the truck in the swamp, as I saw it, the red beer truck, truly cyber punk greatness. And also a nice design of the red car in front of a bar, the fabuland one.

And of course such short time spent, just increases the fact how good it looked.

I heard from a unreliable source that they would have finished the EB Display twice as fast if they had consumed half as much beer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~LCM

I heard from a unreliable source that they would have finished the EB Display twice as fast if they had consumed half as much beer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

~LCM

:blush:

5859457310_dcac4b8e78_z.jpg

And then here's what happened when our sig-figs tried to pack it all up and leave before the Space Cops busted everyone:

5858896441_89fb553c7d_z.jpg

And the infamous Temple of the Fleshy-eating Pigs:

5859456672_9a1849ddbd_z.jpg

My whole Brickworld 2011 Flickr Photo Set

I really don't know what to say about this- you all did such an amasing job. I love every details of it, from the inclusion of all the MOCs to the incredible lighting to the nod to Zorro. Great work, everyone!

It looks like you guys had fun! I really wish I could have been there to take part in the fun. Maybe I'll send some stuff along next year! :sweet:

And also a nice design of the red car in front of a bar, the fabuland one.

Thank you! :blush: It's meant to be a 1961 Ferrari California Spyder. We got a bit lost and ended up on planet Skcirborue :grin:

5540231887_b23c22b85b.jpg

Some day I'll get round to posting it properly :blush:

Becka is alive! :wub:

Becka wasn't the only old friend present:

5862481414_524d8a317c.jpg