Stormbringer

Which forum does my MOC/topic belong in?

Feel free to PM a staff member when you've got a picture of it, and we'll let you know where to post it. :classic:

...and moved to Website and Forums.

Feel free to PM a staff member when you've got a picture of it, and we'll let you know where to post it. :classic:

...and moved to Website and Forums.

Ah, ok, will do that. Thanks for your help!

/haberg

Ah, ok, will do that. Thanks for your help!

/haberg

No problem. Just note that you need to have 10 posts before being able to use the PM features.

Hi guys, recently I decided to make a MOC based off of a Renaissance artist, and I have chosen Durer. It is now finished, and I am wondering which forum this belongs in, because I would like to get feedback on it. I am thinking it would go in either Historical or Special, but I would like some clarification.

While on a 15 day cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii with 10 at sea days I made a MOC of a desert oasis shop. It is a carpet shop on the ground floor, a coffee shop (16x16) on the top floor and a open air market place to the left (also 16x16). All on a 32x32 baseplate.

My inspiration (among others) was the Market Street. It is built to modular scale, it is a stackable. It uses parts from two 7573 and one 7571, plus one 32x32 baseplate and it has a mideast flair.

Should it go in the Town forum (because of the modular design) or the Licensed forum because it is built from parts only from the 7573 and 7571? Or perhaps somewhere else.

I took photos of it while in my stateroom, but due to the very, very, very (did I mention how slow) slow internet connection on board the ship I will not post photos until Sunday after we get home.

Oh, yeah we had a great time in Hawaii, but I didn’t get to a LEGO store there ;)

Thanks,

Andy D

Normally it's the theme of the build not the theme of the parts used that dictates what forum to post in. From your description, it sounds like your moc is perfect to the Town forum.

:classic:

Thanks Darkdragon. That's what I orginally thought.

I will post when I get time on Sunday.

Edit: Rats! I didn't get time to post yesterday, but I will post as soon as I get time. Now I am back to the "real" as opposed to the "vacation" world I must manage my time. First I must select some photos, then post.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Im having this project, where im building a castle diorama.

I have thought of building castle for a long time. I have made up a whole universe in my head. And it came down to this.

The diorama im building has a story attached to it. Im building on multiple things for the whole diorama at one time.

So everytime i would finish a set. A story, short comic would go along with it.

Meanwhile i would now and then post WIPs of the whole thing ( except for the parts im hiding from you ).

Now, that ive gotten to the part where i can post Chapter one. Im getting doubt on wether the comic part would be appreciated in the Historica forum.

I really wanted it to be only one post, so i wouldnt spam the forum all over the place.

Edit: I mean, iwould post both the WIP, the Comic and the sets in the same post.

Can someone tell me what to do ?

i hope that im making myself understandable ! ? ...

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by LEGO Family

just use multiple pictures in one post I guess. You can always edit posts to add things in after of course. And I'm sure the mini comic would be appreciated. It's the thought that counts.

Sorry if this has been unhelpful, I'm not really the best person to answer, but I try to be encouraging. :)

From your description, I think it would sit best in the History forum proper (not Guilds of Historica, which I believe requires 'joining' a particular guild, unless that's what you want to do).

That's if it's more about the build. If it's more about the story, then you could consider the Brick flicks and Comics forum.

just use multiple pictures in one post I guess. You can always edit posts to add things in after of course. And I'm sure the mini comic would be appreciated. It's the thought that counts.

Sorry if this has been unhelpful, I'm not really the best person to answer, but I try to be encouraging. :)

Thats also what im going for. But there is also a Comic forum here on Eurobricks. So i got in doubt. So better ask. :)

Thanks for your thoughts thou. :)

From your description, I think it would sit best in the History forum proper (not Guilds of Historica, which I believe requires 'joining' a particular guild, unless that's what you want to do).

That's if it's more about the build. If it's more about the story, then you could consider the Brick flicks and Comics forum.

Thats what i think. I want to build all this to perfection of what my skills are. Its definately more about the builds, than about the story. The story is more of a motivator, but is also there.

I think im allowed to post it in the Historica then.

Lets try it. Otherwise it can all be rearranged in the future.

Thanks Rufus. :)

Hi everyone,

Though I have been a reader on the forum for a longer period, I am new here as a member. I have read all the guidelines and faqs kindly provided by the moderators, but still I am not sure about this, so I decided to ask.

I am creating some scenes with minifigures in it and taking photos, but most of the time there are no other elements of Lego in the picture. An example is here:

So, I am wondering whether this is considered as a "MOC" or not. As far as I have seen over the web, MOC's always contain at least some brick-built elements, such as a 8x8 vignette that the minifig is a part of. Mine are different in that sense, at least this one is.

So should/could I still post this to Historic Themes forum, since this is western? Or is there any other forum more suitable for this? Again, I have read all the guidelines, but could not be sure.

Many thanks in advance & best regards,

--

Serhat

Welcome to Eurobricks Serhat

Nice picture, I think it'd best be suited to special LEGO themes forum as, I'd consider it to be art? But someone else feel free to correct me.

This photo you could share in the photography topic in the History forum, if you can dig it up. There are similar topics for Star Wars, Licenced Themes and Special Themes (covering misc etc) that I know of, the other subforums I don't know. If there aren't existing photography topics under the certain forum you wish to add to (eg Sci-Fi etc), maybe you could get the ball rolling!

This one' a bit random, but where would I put my LEGO drawer? I have a .lxf and have not built it in real life yet.

Assuming you mean a drawer as in a sliding container, I'd say Special Themes. If there's an LDD technique you want to showcase you might put it in the LDD forum, but if it's just about the MOC then put it in Special.

Hello !

l have a question well it might be a weird question but l'm planing to build a MOC well a vehicle like MOC but this vehicle will be more Technic like and a litil bit Bionicle(because l'll be using Bionicle parts to make it SCI-FI) because l'll be using Technic parts and some Bionicle skeleton parts well these vehicles will be SCI-FI like MOCs and they will be with power funcions but l wont to known in which forums would be best for me to post ? in SCI-FI, in Action figures or in Technic forums

I would go for Sci-Fi! If you change your mind you can always ask the Staff to have it moved to another forum. :classic:

I would go for Sci-Fi! If you change your mind you can always ask the Staff to have it moved to another forum. :classic:

Okay then thank you because the reason l posted this thread because well l don't wan't the staff to be angry

I would not think so much about what bricks I use when trying to find the right forum to post in. I would think more about what style it is and who I would like to show it to. So I would agree with Sci-Fi for this one :classic: And don't think you need to worry about the staff in this case, they seem pretty cool :classic: