Sign in to follow this  
SkaForHire

Fleet Listing? Army Listing? Discussion thread

This is for discussing anything that was mentioned in the fleet listing. This is to keep out the clutter! Thankyou for your contributions.

A question to AdmMatthew:

You said you war game with your fleet, what system do you use? And if you don't mind, what has your experience with wargaming with lego been like? fun over all?

I must confess one of my motives for starting this post wasto take a general talley of AFOL's fleets for design of a new Pirate Naval game(i'm also working on a mecha version for exo-force), i am trying to get the feel for the average persons' fleet size, to scale a game to that.

Discussion thread up and running!

Now before I begin my questioning I recommend that you link (in the first post) this thread to the other thread and vice versa. This way everyone will have a better chance of realising the two are related. And for convenience... However, some will remain ignorant...

I progressivly take easily repairable parts off the ships, no actual rules based war-games. :-$

Though, if I went to a LEGO Convention, Evil Steve's Pirate Game sounds fun...

Still no link to this thread in the other thread I see...

Anyway, my first question is in regards to the smaller boat sets like Habor Sentry and Bounty Boat. Since they're a customised dingy do they count or are they not big enough?

Still no link to this thread in the other thread I see...

Anyway, my first question is in regards to the smaller boat sets like Habor Sentry and Bounty Boat. Since they're a customised dingy do they count or are they not big enough?

There are links on both threads, or atleast there were last night when i put them there and made sure they worked :P

as for the dingys I would say no to bounty boat because it is just a rowboat... harbor sentry is odd... i mean technically you would never have a rowboat with that big of a cannon (if having a cannon at all) on it... so I dont know... I would say no, as it looks more like this boat is trasporting ordinance rather then using it (only one fig to steer the ship and fire a weapon that probably should take two figs to do proficiently... plus the recoil would knock the boat over... lol. ) then again if it had a small mast then i guess it would be fine, so what is to say it isnt and operational gunboat? I think that it is up to you as the owner of the fleet to count it if you want. In my own, i wouldn't.

then again if it had a small mast then i guess it would be fine

So this is acceptable...?

the_pirates.jpg

i would definitely say yes

Boats like this can be found in Enchanted Island, Lagoon Lockup, Imperial Trading Post and Rock Island Refuge. If someone wanted to reference one of these boats would they write for example "The sail boat from Lagoon Lockup"?

Boats like this can be found in Enchanted Island, Lagoon Lockup, Imperial Trading Post and Rock Island Refuge. If someone wanted to reference one of these boats would they write for example "The sail boat from Lagoon Lockup"?

That or i suppose they could just say "small sail boat - 0 guns, rowboat size" if it is custom or "stock small sail boat" if its from the sets.

What about 4+ Pirate sets? Do they count too or is this strictly limited to SYSTEM Pirates?

I would say what ever you count in your fleet... I have some converted 4+ stuff i dont use the figs though... so i guess we could say do not count 4+ figs?

4+ modified to suit SYSTEM scale? So if I wanted to use Captain Crag's Boat then I'd have to remove the maxi-figures and replace them with mini-figures? Is it manditory that the ships be crewed or can they be figureless?

4+ modified to suit SYSTEM scale? So if I wanted to use Captain Crag's Boat then I'd have to remove the maxi-figures and replace them with mini-figures? Is it manditory that the ships be crewed or can they be figureless?

I don't think the ships have to be fully crewed, but if you want to leave a note if they are crewed or not that would be cool.

Captain Crakheads boat really blows even if you just stick minifigs on it... mine are both modified to be more pleasing. but what ever you do with your sets... and count them the way you feel you would... so if you had 4+ sets that were stock models and you use them in your navy or display them or what not... then yeah they would count... i would assume that most people have atleast a spackle of system pirates and that there whole collection is not 4+ but i suppose we can't discriminate to those who came too late and don't have money for system.

Out of curiosity what did you do to Captain Crakhead's boat? If you've got pictures of it then created another thread so we don't take this one off topic. I've always thought out of all the 4+ sets Captain Crakhead's boat had the most MOCing potential.

Out of curiosity what did you do to Captain Crakhead's boat? If you've got pictures of it then created another thread so we don't take this one off topic. I've always thought out of all the 4+ sets Captain Crakhead's boat had the most MOCing potential.

ill take some pictures tonight or tomorow and post a new thread... well after i dig them up.

I dont suppose we could have the fleet listing pinned? so more people see it?

Actually its debatable whether more people see pinned threads. I've noticed lately that the pinned threads get less attention than a thread moving through the main forum. But if you want I can pin it so we can see how well it works, and if it doesn't work that well I can unpin it!

Actually its debatable whether more people see pinned threads. I've noticed lately that the pinned threads get less attention than a thread moving through the main forum. But if you want I can pin it so we can see how well it works, and if it doesn't work that well I can unpin it!

I think it is fine for now... until it falls off the main page. which it will inevitably do after most of the current users post... from that point if it is pinned then new users can contribute... or for now you could put it in the directory so if new users read that they could go to it? i don't know, up to you.

I think it is fine for now... until it falls off the main page. which it will inevitably do after most of the current users post... from that point if it is pinned then new users can contribute... or for now you could put it in the directory so if new users read that they could go to it? i don't know, up to you.

A bump so that perhaps the newcomers will go up and usedthe pinned "fleet listing" page.

are you from minnesota Zceberus?

What kind of question is that?!

I believe you already know the answer. And this is not the thread to ask.

Post moved.

Mr Tiber

What kind of question is that?!

I believe you already know the answer. And this is not the thread to ask.

Post moved.

Mr Tiber

Yes, the answer is yes. Good move Tiber!