Sign in to follow this  
toorayay

MOC: Modular Barbershop and Nightclub

indexed.gif B-OM-13E

A couple of months ago I posted a couple of large MOCs I had designed (you can find them

here and here.) I got some good feedback, but people were noting the lack of interiors. This is a Cafe Corner-style modular that I've been working on for a few months, and I've finally got it to where I'm ready to share it.

sdc11766.jpg sdc11767.jpg sdc11769.jpg sdc11781.jpg

sdc11768.jpg sdc11783.jpg sdc11782.jpg

A few shots of the overall building, front and back. Of course, in true modular fashion, this one comes apart at each floor. So, here it is in pieces!

sdc11770.jpg

The bottom floor is a barbershop.

sdc11772.jpg sdc11773.jpg sdc11774.jpg

Floors 2 and 3 are a nightclub with a bar level and a dance floor level.

sdc11775.jpg sdc11776.jpg sdc11787.jpg sdc11788.jpg

sdc11777.jpg sdc11778.jpg sdc11779.jpg

And of course, it fits in with other modular buildings. Here is is wedged between Green Grocer and Grand Emporium.

sdc11784.jpg

sdc11785.jpg

The full gallery can be found at Brickshelf.

Another AWESOME modular, I love the barbershop with it's curved window which gives it a little art deco feel ! :wub:

Cool looking nightclub too, dam excellent work 'toorayay' and totally Brick On ! :grin:

This is just great! The colours go well together, and the facade is very well designed without being overly detailed. I love those decorations over the top floor windows. That newspaper vending machine is a very nice touch, and whatever that piece is above the entrance to the nightclub, it looks good as a decoration. And I love that rain gutter and the container in the back!

But for me, the pièce de résistance of this MOC is, as with so many others, the interior. So many great details! Using Technic seats for barbershop chairs is brilliant, as is the use of capes for curtains - especially those black ones on the top floor. The pool table and cue rack idea is very well executed, and the DJ stand and disco ball... fab.

This is a classy MOC. Very well done!

Quite impressive MOC Toorayay. The use of the curved window is what truly stood out to me. The small greebling you did on the sides of the door was a nice little touch you added to the model. Simply genius work.

Very impressive build toorayay! I simply love that barbershop, you really got the details very accurately in brickbuild. The nightclub is very well done too, I particularly like the use of the solar domes for the disco ball. Excellent work overall! :thumbup:

Great modular building, toorayay.

Plenty of space and entertainment for the party goers and that barber shop with the tiled, recessed entrance and that beautiful curved window is just superb.

Very well done.

:classic: :classic:

Wow, this is a really nice mudular building. Good job :thumbup: I really like the tiled floor and the pooltable, but everything else is great aswell.

Nice MOC! It's a clean building and it looks nice next to the green grocer and the emporium. I also like the details in the backyard. Keep up the good work!

Quite impressive MOC Toorayay. The use of the curved window is what truly stood out to me. The small greebling you did on the sides of the door was a nice little touch you added to the model. Simply genius work.

Agree 100%

Loving the barbershop, looks great with the tiled flooring and the exterior! The interior of the nightclub is great too - wondering if you couldn't design a rooftop area for your club too for your legotown denizens to chill out in - after all, I hear that smoking is banned inside all clubs in legoland too but statistically some of the little guys are bound to be smokers after all ;-)

I love the little barber shop, great details! I have also designed a night-club MOC, just waiting on some more orders to come from BrickLink! I was interested to see how you had approached some of your details so that I could compare it to my own ideas! :D

Excellent work. Your best modular yet in my view. I really like the use of the big curved window on the barber shop and the use of those mudguard pieces on the facade is inspired. But also the interior, especially that of the ground floor, turned out great. :classic:

See it on Classic-Town.net

i really love the details in this building, excellent job!!! :thumbup:

And i also have i question, as i am fairly new here, and only just started building lego (again),i would really love to know the item-number of the curved window, it would fit wonderfully in the restaurant i'm currently building :sweet:

Beautiful work toorayay. The colours you've used produce a very nice result (red with blue look great together) and the interior details are fantastic. I too agree that the Barber Shop is the highlight here and the tiled floor makes it stand out.

And i also have i question, as i am fairly new here, and only just started building lego (again),i would really love to know the item-number of the curved window, it would fit wonderfully in the restaurant i'm currently building :sweet:

Welcome (back) to LEGO and to Eurobricks SjoMiLu, enjoy your stay with us. You can always introduce yourself here if you like.

The piece you're looking for is this one. It looks just great when placed horizontally. :thumbup:

Welcome (back) to LEGO and to Eurobricks SjoMiLu, enjoy your stay with us. You can always introduce yourself here if you like.

The piece you're looking for is this one. It looks just great when placed horizontally. :thumbup:

thank you! I'll introduce myself properly in time :laugh: