I’m glad to show you my latest creation. It took me one night and two mornings to build this dragster as the 9th alternate model from set 8048. It features V4 engine with rear wheel drive and front axle steering.

8048_model_9-1-dragster.jpg

8048_model_9-2-dragster.jpg

8048_model_9-3-dragster.jpg

It's finally here! What? My 10th alternate model from set 8048!

To be honest, it’s not totally my creation and it’s not built only from parts that set 8048 contains. And what am I speaking about? I’m speaking about motorization of this set. In the past I saw several attempts to motorize it and most of them were awful or even worse. The best version I saw was built by Czech AFOL eNTy but he used “NON-Lego” battery attached by rubber belts under cabin. So that time I gave up motorizing this buggy.

Few days ago I came back to this idea and began trying it again. The greatest problems were placing battery box and attaching motors. In the end I did it. Battery box is placed on rear part of vehicle above motor which is powering rear wheel (yes, it’s just one wheel drive). Thanks to this I had to remove rear axle suspension so it has front axle suspension only. Steering has “return to center position” feature provided by rubber belt from Creator set 5763. And one more note: only parts I’ve added are 2 M-motors, 1 battery box, 1 IR receiver, 1 IR controller and 1 rubber belt from set 5763 (I think it’s possible to use any other as well). All other parts were already included in set 8048.

8048_model_10_1-pf_buggy.jpg

8048_model_10_2-pf_buggy.jpg

8048_model_10_3-pf_buggy.jpg

I'm back with my latest creations. At first I'd like to introduce you scooter built from set 8048. It is not so big to use all pieces of this set but it still offers good amount of functions and details:

• single cylinder engine powered by rear wheel (under seat)
  • functional stand
  • steering
  • exhaust pipe
  • big headlight

8048_model_11_1-scooter.jpg

8048_model_11_2-scooter.jpg

Another much bigger creation is my first alternative model built from set 8041 - formula. It looks cool and it features V8 engine, rear axle differential, steering and adjustable rearview mirrors. You can find building instructions for formula at buildinst.

8041_model_1-2-formula.jpg

8041_model_1-1-formula.jpg

8041_model_1-3-formula.jpg

Edited by Tomik

Tomik's Building Instructions for his "Formula" alternate of the 8041 Race Truck set have been compiled into one 4.6-MB PDF file available for download here (via MegaUpload SkyDrive).

8041_model_1-1-formula.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I am waiting for your dog no matter how much I like your other alternates.

@ Grohl: Do you mean this "Weeing Dog"? :laugh: Building instructions for his Lego Technic 8067 alternate are available on Tomik's website (click on the picture once there).

8067-01.jpg8067-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

I am waiting for your dog no matter how much I like your other alternates.

I wanted to add this dog in separate post to not let it take all attention from other models...

So let's look at my last creation - weeing dog. My first idea was to build telehandler or skid steer loader from set 8067 but after few unsuccessful attemps I gave up and began working on something extraordinary. Main feature of this dog is his lifting leg. You can lift it easily by turning his tail and then let him wee at nearest corner. :laugh: He has also moving head and openable maw. And as it was written above you can find building instructions at buildinst.

8067_model_1-0-dog.jpg

8067_model_1-2-dog.jpg

8067_model_1-3-dog.jpg

I have good news for all of you who like building my alternates. You can download building instructions for all Technic alternates in PDF directly from buildinst now. I've also added new front page to each PDF.

P.S. Thank's for all comments.

Edited by Tomik

Christmas are coming and building instruction for plane built from set 8068 with them. You can find this instruction at buildinst both in online and pdf version.

@ Tomik: I downloaded your PDF instructions for your 8068 alternate, and they are very well made. Thanks for sharing them! :classic:

8068-01.jpg8068-1.jpg

Great work Tomik,

I must say all of these are VERY clever and look great, my personal favorites are the telehandler and the tyrannosaur

And that dog with it's leg up is quite humourous :grin:

Thank you for your commendation!

Great work Tomik,

I must say all of these are VERY clever and look great, my personal favorites are the telehandler and the tyrannosaur

And that dog with it's leg up is quite humourous :grin:

I like tyrannosaur much too. I'm thinking about creating instruction for it longer time so it will be next piece right after dismantling scooter.

Edited by Tomik

I'm back with new alternate for set 8041. After formula new hot-rod is coming. It features V8 engine with rear wheel drive, steering, opening doors, opening trunk and opening hood with support bar. It also have 2 seats - not just one as official models.

8041_model_2-1-hotrod.jpg

8041_model_2-2-hotrod.jpg

8041_model_2-3-hotrod.jpg

P.S. If you like my tyrannosaur built out of set 8048 and you'd like to build it you will find building instruction at buildinst (link is below).

I'd like to introduce you my latest creation - remote control snow cat. It was built mostly out of set 8294 and I had to add just few gears, pins with holes and PF parts. Design was inpired by Pisten Bully. It features drive for each track via two XL motors and snow plow lifting via one medium motor & linear actuator. I got lot of fun with it when I was removing my girlfriend's socks out of floor and chasing dog. My colleagues have also liked it when I brought it to office. Building instruction will be available on buildinst soon.

tracked5.jpg

tracked6.jpg

tracked7.jpg

tracked8.jpg

Edited by Tomik

Small and cute. Do you have a video?

I'm working on it - it will be my first video so be patient...