This is a model of a Toyota Series 8 forklift. It's modeled with about 1 stud accuracy to the real one (at least compared to the pictures on the internet.

There are 3 M-motors and one XL-motor with two PF IR receivers. The XL-motor is used for driving, the M-motors are used for steering, tilting and raising the forks.

vili02.jpg

vili04.jpg

vili05.jpg

vili06.jpg

vili07.jpg

vili09.jpg

And here's the design model in LDD (which was used to make the brick version).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bpavsic/MyMOCs/Forklift/vilicar.lxf

ps: It's a bit dusty, since it was on my shelf for like half year :D

Well, there's a small flaw thou :D The height that it can lift is only double the range of the LA (since i used a pulley system with a chain), which in practice isn't that much...

Really nice!

Looks good and amazing you managed to get all the functionality whilst maintaining the accurate looks.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

@ Bojan Pavsik: Have you seen the 30 pictures of Marat Andreev's Lego Toyota Series 8 forklift on his Flickr photostream? It is powerful enough to lift a full can of soda pop:

5689124566_d7a5e6733f_z.jpg5689119586_a4c14925a0_z.jpg5688538433_ff37560497_z.jpg

Very nice! I haven't seen it. But it really is powerful. I used an M motor for lifting because i couldn't squeeze 2 XLs in there with everything else in there, so mine only lifts a couple of pallets. I made it more for "show" so to say and was using in on 3 local LUG exhibitions, mainly to move the pallets around from a truck down to the table and back. Sometimes i even put some candy on them and drove them to the edge of the table so the kids watching could take them :)

Nice, compact and it looks like the real thing! Too bad the lifting height is a bit low though.