r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

i found this in page 65 of issue 14 of brickjournal:

... And yes the designs are well underway! We are currently working on Series 6, 7 and 8 and all characters are locked on those collections. Series 6 is completed from a design perspective and we are cracking on the elements and decos for Series 7 as we speak. So to illustrate how far ahead we are, we are working on Series 7 as Series 3 is just hitting retail shelves (January 2011)...

which means that we are getting at least 3 more series if not more so they aren't stopping at 5 series

This is great stuff! Collectable Minifigures is one of my favourite themes ever, so this is fantastic news for me. I just hope that these aren't as much of a disappointment for ms as series 5 was. I can't wait to see these!

Thanks for sharing this, r4-g9!

Edited by Gregorovich

Well this is great and irritating at the same time, I'm in love with these collectable fig's, but I've already sunk over $500 on these primarily because when I decide to collect something, I go all out.

So I guess I need to start finding more money to throw at TLG.

:classic::sceptic::hmpf_bad:

All my feelings on this described in the smilies above.

i found this in page 65 of issue 14 of brickjournal:

which means that we are getting at least 3 more series if not more so they aren't stoping at 5 series

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy! :blush:

I can't wait for them to be released. Just thinking what each figure could be is quite exciting default_laugh2.gif I bet we might be seeing some repeats though

Well if you take a look through the "What Minifigures are we missing" topic, there's a lot of great suggestions. Hopefully repeats shouldn't be too big an issue.

Well if you take a look through the "What Minifigures are we missing" topic, there's a lot of great suggestions. Hopefully repeats shouldn't be too big an issue.

Even if there are repeats, I'm sure they'll be at least as original as the ones we've had so far. Yes, there's been a robot before, and he was designed in one of up to a million ways a robot can be designed. There's no reason LEGO should never touch the idea again. That's just one example of where LEGO could easily touch upon an idea from a previous fig and still come up with a fig that's completely original.

Well this is great and irritating at the same time, I'm in love with these collectable fig's, but I've already sunk over $500 on these primarily because when I decide to collect something, I go all out.

So I guess I need to start finding more money to throw at TLG.

:classic::sceptic::hmpf_bad:

All my feelings on this described in the smilies above.

I'm with you there Cam, I was thinking 5 series would be a good number at least for the time being. I only buy 1 full set of each series but that means so far I have spent £128 with another £32 going to be spent on series 5. Looks like if I want to continue having the full set I've got atleast another £100 to spend!

D

I kind of stopped after series 2. Now I just buy any ones that would fit well into my city, or ones I really like.

What I don't get is why do these repeats when we could at least get a couple new figs by creating Collectible version of figs that have recently been in sets. I wouldn't mind a pirate or knight, or fireman or robber for the collectible series that was slightly altered from what we have seen.

Ahah! I knew they couldn't stop at 5!! There are so many more great ideas/characters that so perfectly fit the collectible minifigs format! Not to mention a few sub themes in the collectible minifigs to be completed... Yay for the news!! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by tazosaure

What I don't get is why do these repeats when we could at least get a couple new figs by creating Collectible version of figs that have recently been in sets. I wouldn't mind a pirate or knight, or fireman or robber for the collectible series that was slightly altered from what we have seen.

Well, we did get a diver in Series 1. And he was far and away the least popular.

Personally I think the volume of repeats we have been seeing is down to TLG trying to make up for the botched distribution of Series 1. People who didn't have clowns and skater boys before will now be able to get some.

I'd love a collectible minifig pirate! The only problem with that concept, though, is that I have no idea how LEGO could design a pirate with more detail and charm than the pirates of the 2009 Pirates theme. I suppose, though, that there's limitless possibilities of what a pirate can look like, so they should have no problem designing a unique-looking pirate minifigure if they should choose to do so.

Maybe bring back the printed parrot when they do so? :wub: I suppose that might be a great demand, but in general I like my LEGO animals printed. Plus, after my trip to Costa Rica in January I have a special fondness to the Scarlet Macaw pattern of the classic parrot.

A firefighter could also be a cool fig. It could possibly have a more realistically-colored uniform (Sand Yellow, perhaps). And TLG already demonstrated that they're not afraid to create explicitly City-themed figs when they made a Traffic Cop with a LEGO City police badge. In any event, you bring up a good point-- there are plenty of options available in recent themes, so any concerns that there will be no more fresh ideas in future series amount to folly.

Yes... or not "repeats," but complementary figures. The elf was great for us Fantasy Era fans, and they are releasing another dwarf which, while I won't want as many of, I will want a few of them.

Cleopatra also seems like a great complementary piece for Pharaoh's Quest and the previous Pharaoh and Mummy, and the "mixed"(*) themes still have a ways they can go...

(*) Mixed being like how the Mummy goes both with the Pharaoh/Cleopatra and the movie monster theme... the Robot goes with Space and the movie monster theme, too.

We've even had a repeat skateboarder without a lot complaints. More musicians/instruments.... athletes, historic/fantasy "warriors," they have quite a bit more they could without seeming dry or repetitive.

Yes... or not "repeats," but complementary figures. The elf was great for us Fantasy Era fans, and they are releasing another dwarf which, while I won't want as many of, I will want a few of them.

Cleopatra also seems like a great complementary piece for Pharaoh's Quest and the previous Pharaoh and Mummy, and the "mixed"(*) themes still have a ways they can go...

(*) Mixed being like how the Mummy goes both with the Pharaoh/Cleopatra and the movie monster theme... the Robot goes with Space and the movie monster theme, too.

We've even had a repeat skateboarder without a lot complaints. More musicians/instruments.... athletes, historic/fantasy "warriors," they have quite a bit more they could without seeming dry or repetitive.

Oh, there were plenty of complaints about the repeat skateboarder, just as with the repeat surfer. I don't understand why it is that to many people, an idea LEGO has used before is forever taboo. If it's really too similar, there's no obligation to get the set. But in most cases the new minifigure, even if it fills a similar role to an older fig, is fairly unique. We had never had a female minifigure wetsuit before, after all.

Let's see... series 6, 7, 8 at $2.99 per figure with 10% tax: 3 * 16 * 2.99 * 1.1 = $158. Maybe $190 considering I plan on keeping about 3 MISB packs for each set. Totally worth it.

On the subject of repeats, I don't mind that if they look different or complimentary enough. The skater wasn't really my cup of tea, but they look different enough but still go together to make a nice moc of some skateboarders doing tricks. I like how you can kind of pick out themes that go together. I really like how over time you end up with a circus collection, and a halloween / horror movie collection. And I absolutely love the forestman/trojan/musketeer/viking/gladiator figs. I can't wait to see what the designs are for series 6/7/8.

Edited by Zeya

I'm actually glad for repeats. The second Skater and Surfer are so different from the originals that the only thing they share are the skate and surf boards. They are both unique enough to stand on their own.

As for some of you hoping that they stop producing series after series... stop buying them and let us folks with disposable income keep on living the dream. If you really have a problem with financing your collection, grow some self-control. I hope they stop making cheeseburgers soon, I'm getting fat! I hope they stop making shoes soon, I can't fit any more in my closet! I hope the trees stop producing so much oxygen, I've been breathing non-stop for over 37 years now!

Just kidding, we're all entitled to our opinions. I, for one, am very excited to see what comes next!

Most interesting. Personally I feel we haven't seen any repeats. We've had variations within the Series themselves and updates of designs from older themes, but always with something new to make it special. I look forward to this.

More musicians/instruments.... athletes, historic/fantasy "warriors," they have quite a bit more they could without seeming dry or repetitive.

My top musicians: Sax player. Marching band Sousaphonist and Drummer. Elvis impersonator :tongue:

also, and I know most of these have been detailed by more committed people than me :blush: :

Banana suit man

swiss barmaid

lederhosen-clad mustache and lager enthusiast

female welder

Opera singer (Brünnhilde)

Venus de Milo (with broken arms and a chisel)

ballerina

powdered-wigged judge

generic captain ahab

generic james bond with conspicuous 'gadget'

anyone who's an excuse for more disco hair :grin:

I think a knight would be great. Something with a armour piece that has printing, but has no affiliation with an animal. I'm tired of lions! It would be great if they made a new helmet and sword, too. Or maybe they could make a ranger-like character, similar to Aragorn from LOTR. They could use the new baldric piece... wait... does the baldric and the quiver work together, cause if not, this idea won't work. :hmpf_bad:

does the baldric and the quiver work together, cause if not, this idea won't work. :hmpf_bad:

I have some baldrics from the POTC sets I've gotten. I don't think they will really work together. There's enough slack that you can probably stretch the baldric around the quiver, but it won't look quite right, if you know what I mean.