Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Knight's Exo-Suit MKII.

Last year I made an Exo-Suit, so I thought with EB's current contest it would be a great chance to revisit it. First I wanted it to look sharper and darker than MKI. After a couple days of building here's the end result.

5671433768_ab2de41512.jpg

5671433766_366e5fbe40.jpg

5671433762_575783b533.jpg

How fast can a Jawa run?

5671433760_6a3821c273.jpg

I guess not fast enough! :laugh:

5671433758_0eac5c9882.jpg

5671433734_4d8a8d80ca.jpg

The MKI.

4639238083_669d918fe6.jpg

Very interesting entry 501st! Not only is it an unusual choice for a SW vehicle, but it looks really good with the overall greeble-detailed look. The shot with the Jawas are funny too. :laugh: Great job and best of luck! :thumbup:

Very nice entry! Looks kinda scary (just imagine you're the jawa :wacko: ) in a good way (does this makes sense???)!

Interesting that minifig-hands are use to built the claw,i really lime that!

Good luck for the contest!!!

I like it as a MOC but I have to disagree with some of the guys here. the look and "feel" of the exo suit draws my attention away and it does not feel like it belongs in the SW universe. Im not speaking that exo suits dont belong, i built my Boba Fett armor and that is a stretch. But the "alien" look of this exo suit just doesnt seem to like it would exist in the SW universe. But that aside it is a fantastic exo suit. I was kinda thinking if you stream lined it a bit and added white, it could be an exo suit for Grievous but then it would not qualify for the contest.

Anyway best of luck in the contest and its good to see more mechs haha.

Really awesome job. It is an amazingly detailed suit, and an great improvment on the MKLI. Good luck.

Great job :thumbup:

I like it as a MOC but I have to disagree with some of the guys here. the look and "feel" of the exo suit draws my attention away and it does not feel like it belongs in the SW universe. Im not speaking that exo suits dont belong, i built my Boba Fett armor and that is a stretch. But the "alien" look of this exo suit just doesnt seem to like it would exist in the SW universe. But that aside it is a fantastic exo suit. I was kinda thinking if you stream lined it a bit and added white, it could be an exo suit for Grievous but then it would not qualify for the contest.

Check out his character, i personally think the suit goes really well with the character, the great thing about cusrom characters (especially bounty hunters) is that they do not have to look like the traditional star wars guys do. I really love the detail you put into this whole suit.

Good luck

Check out his character, i personally think the suit goes really well with the character, the great thing about cusrom characters (especially bounty hunters) is that they do not have to look like the traditional star wars guys do. I really love the detail you put into this whole suit.

Good luck

Very true. It does fit the custom figure very well. I just have a hard time seeing this in the SW universe. But that is just me. Not a slight at all to the creation. It is very well done.

Very true. It does fit the custom figure very well. I just have a hard time seeing this in the SW universe. But that is just me. Not a slight at all to the creation. It is very well done.

I think the problem I see here is that we have no LSW elements at all. No lightsaber, blaster, cape, anything. I think a barrier from regular Sci-Fi to SW is important in a contest like this. :classic:

So how is this Star Wars again?

The rules say you can create a character, so I decided to use my SWU sigfig, which falls into the bounty hunter category.

I think the problem I see here is that we have no LSW elements at all. No lightsaber, blaster, cape, anything. I think a barrier from regular Sci-Fi to SW is important in a contest like this. :classic:

There is one shadow trooper torso, but I see your point. I thought it would be fun to step outside of what is usually seen in the SW universe. Hopefully it'll pay off when it comes down to voting.

@-Thanks for the great comment everyone! :classic:

Yes that is it exactly. When Lucasarts designs any thing SW related, there has to be a commonality so that the items and vehicles feel like they belong in that universe. If you watch the special features of the Clone Wars Mandalore episode, the director goes to great detail of how they designed Mandalore after specific cues from Boba Fett, since he is the true basis for the Mandalorian myths. The diamond like shape on his chest and the sweeping cheeks of his helmet are used quite often in the design of the Mandalore city and even some of the vehicles.

Look at the Jedi Interceptor from EpIII. It has a very distinct Tie Interceptor feel to it. The AT-TE and AT-OT are all based off the AT-AT and even the AT-RT and AT-AP get their designs from the AT-ST. Arc fighter gets its roots from the X-wing.

This mecha doesnt share similarities with the SW universe so while in the mind's eye of the creator, that this is his SW mecha, it just doenst have the SW feel to really sell it to me that it belongs in that Universe.

Again I dont mean to slight the creation. The build is clever and very well executed. I see some very uncommon building techniques that I could not come up with. And Im not a very experienced MOCer. Best of luck in the contest.

This mecha doesnt share similarities with the SW universe so while in the mind's eye of the creator, that this is his SW mecha, it just doenst have the SW feel to really sell it to me that it belongs in that Universe.

Again I dont mean to slight the creation. The build is clever and very well executed. I see some very uncommon building techniques that I could not come up with. And Im not a very experienced MOCer. Best of luck in the contest.

Yeah-The build is excellent. Lots of innovation. :thumbup: Yet too little SW.