Derfel Cadarn

Cutty Sark by Henrik Hoexbroe

thindexedgif.gif 112A

Sorry if this has been seen before, but I havn't seen it on here and I thought this was a great moc of this famous ship. Its by Henrik Hoexbroe and its built in 1:50 scale.

5241096131_0a8d907d83.jpg

5241096625_8b26fcfa19.jpg

Check out more details on his flickr page My link

It has already been posted in the Special LEGO themes forum by Hoexbroe himself. (EDIT: here it is)

But personally I don't see that as a problem because it's a very nice ship and it can have some more attention in this forum.

It could be nice if you pm him about it though, so he can check all the comments :pir-classic:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

It has already been posted in the Special LEGO themes forum by Hoexbroe himself. (EDIT: here it is)

But personally I don't see that as a problem because it's a very nice ship and it can have some more attention in this forum.

It could be nice if you pm him about it though, so he can check all the comments :pir-classic:

Oh, I missed that thread. Well hopefully it should get a bit more exposure here as ships are a big part of this forum, and this is the best clipper ive seen built. Thanks for the info, I have messaged him, so he knows its here.

Absolutely amazing. I think now would be a good time to blog it, so...

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]...soon!

Hi guys,

Well, that was a nice surprise! :pirate:

Thanks for the attention. It´s an honour!

You guys are right; I should have presented the MOC in this forum from the start. But as my ship wasn´t a pirate-ship, and didnt even have guns, I thought it wouldn´t be right for Classic-Pirates. I have since become wiser, but felt that the moment for presenting the MOC had passed (as in "old stuff").

If I ever do another sailing-ship, be sure that I will share it here first!

The Cutty Sark was presented at the big anual HispaBrick 2010 meeting in Barcelona, Spain, and it was also my first public participation in a LEGO-event. The MOC earned me a lot of attention, and was blogged in several places (including TBB), and several real-magazine articles was published, including ordinary non-LEGO newspapers from Greenwhich and Dumbarton (the scottish town where the vessel was originally built!)

I am currently working on a new (BIG!) MOC to be presented publicly (so being my 2nd public LEGO-event, hehe) at the beginning of April. It´s also sea-related, albeight NOT sailing ships. Here´s a sneak-peak of a small part of it all;

dsc04418.jpg

-It´s interessting that this small boat uses the SAME building tecnique as the Cutty Sark, although the hull is only about a third of the Cutty...

Again; thanks for this extra attention for the Cutty. -a MOC dismantled a long time ago! (I never keep any of my MOCs...)

Edited by Hoexbroe

I love the way you did the deck, are those tiles or sideways bricks?

Upon closer look I see they are sideways bricks, that's brilliant.

It's amazing. When i see such a MOC i feel pity cuz, I am not talented in building MOCs at all... :pir-hmpf:

I saw this on flickr before, it's a simply amazing ship that is very true to the oringinal and uses an extremely innovative and realistic technique for the hull. Great job, really! Congrats Hoexbroe! :thumbup: Please don't be so modest in the future! This MOC is one of those few that qulify for a whole different category of Lego ships due to its sheer awesomeness. :pir-grin:

this is ART!!!

Simply amazing

the Hull, the color scheme, the sails, the small boats, the secind tug boat, everything... Love it :pir-wub::thumbup:

the curve of the hull is amazing; how was it done?

from the smaller boat i see you have a continuous length of hull, but... how do you get the rectangular bricks to bend that way???

Thanks again for the comments! (to all!)

Basically, the bricks flex nicely if you put together a lot of 1x2 bricks in long rows. Try it!!!