CopMike

Container Raffle Build

Great entries so far, I love the creativity you guys always come up with :wub:

There´s a lot of questions coming on what´s allowed and what´s not - I´ll try to clear it up!

• The whole idea with the Raffle is for me to have an excuse to give stuff to you, this time the really cool 10219 minifigs
  • Usually in the real world, people read the rules/laws like "It´s not written there - then I can do it". Here it always seems the other way around, "If it´s not in there I´m sure It´s A Trap and I need to check" :laugh:.
  • Yes I can come off sounding rude, but that´s just me getting sad after pulling together what at least I think it´s a pretty nice&fun thing, spending some time and $$$ to make it happen - and then getting all those questions instead of entries. Sorry if I have offended you.
  • To enter this you basicly just need to put together a red, or whatever colors you have, block in the size 6x16x5:2. It can look how crappy you want - just give me a chance to put you in the raffle :cry_happy:!

I have a question about overhang. Is it okay if a 1X1 tile is placed on a 1X1 brick with stud on the side (not recessed)? I just want to make sure as I am incorporating that design in my cargo unit twice.

Are the containers allowed to have roof detailing? Mine has a few 1x2 plates in certain areas on the roof for stacking.

Is overhang ok if I want to add doors to the container?

Is any overhang allowed? And can we build anything on top of the container, like for example greebles?

I read the rules, but sometimes overhang isn't included in the size limit of a contest, so I thought I'd make sure. :blush:

My answer to JCC was:

Oki doki!

JCC then made this entry which works ´cause the overhang is on the long side of the container. Now, let me clarify a bit using images:

gallery_148_132_11894.jpg

gallery_148_132_34958.jpg

As you see in those pictures the TLG designers uses quite clever technics/parts to be able to have a door with the handles sticking out.

On the opposite place on a container there is a hole or groove to be "filled" by the overhang. I´d like these containers build the same way because they should be able to be used with the offical set.

I can´t clarify more and I don´t want to - this is all about having fun and getting FREE stuff

:grin: - so Build Away!!!!

And here's my entry.

Anyone remember the movie "Trading Places"?

Inga from Sweden :grin::

merry-new-year.jpg

My entry, a simple flat container

201103100550.jpg

It's a type of container without roof and lateral walls, it's used for OOG content. Where i work this content is often a Wartsila motor

201103100551.jpg

The entry for the raffle is the first photo because motor protrude from the sides of the flat (like in real life).

Edited by mpec82

Here is my entry, a Red Cross container:

redcrosscontainer_000.jpg

The 'feet' and roof detailing are in line with the original ones shown by CopMike :classic:

BS gallery for those interested.

Thank you, CopMike, for this awesome raffle! Here is my entry, a tan container carrying hazardous goods. The small photo in the left upper corner shows the back. Good luck everyone!

unbenannt.jpg

...i just added the "feet", they don't count to the height :laugh:

Hi Mikael

Great contest. One more thing to talk about in Billund next month...

The members of Eurobricks will be the first to see Santa's Secret Money Container, which I spotted during my recent trip to Greenland.

In this container he keeps all his money until shopping before Christmas...

post-5312-129976928888.jpg

What a great contest! And the entries so far are a great deal of fun to view.

Great community here. I am enjoying my stay.

Been lurking for a while but its such a great idea I thought i'd better have a go

My idea is for an easy access container as at work what you want first is always at the back!

verity_hp_project_003.jpg

and a picture with the doors open:

verity_hp_project_004.jpg

might be a pain carrying round all the padlock keys but apart from that pure genius?

sharkcontainers.jpg

Sometimes it's hard for sharks to travel by themselves in water. That's where this shark container comes in handy! Now they can ride the rails/roads and look at all the tasty mini-figs passing by. Unfortunately some yard workers can't figure out that the sharks don't like to be petted and will instead pick you clean to the bone. I hope he had good insurance!

Edited by Yoshi648

Odd contest, but sounds fun! I wonder how you're planning to judge which entry is best as a container seemingly doesn't leave that many options?

I wonder how you're planning to judge which entry is best...

Once again - this is a raffle. You enter any build which follows the given guidelines and then it's up to your luck to win you one of the prizes, not your MOCcing skills.

Thanks for clarifying, CopMike!

Count me in (Can anyone guess what mine will look like? :grin: ).

Really? No guesses? :tongue: Well here it is: My Star Command Container!

5515538477_ab6a0d503e_z.jpg

This 'contest' is a brilliant idea. I can win something without using any skill!

I didn't see in the rules anything about adapting existing sets, so here is my entry:

5515549545_d3c8f8e056_z.jpg

Nice raffle – and many nice entries already! :thumbup:

Here's my Classic Space mobile control center:

space-container-640x480.jpg

Imagine the astronauts in space calling "Houston, we have a problem!", and hearing the reply "Ha ha, we're not in Houston anymore!"

And here's a photo with the door open.