Eric J. Olson

The next evolution... ME Track

ahhh i hoped it was CET

off to bed then

:wacko:

Edited by FreeBee

Excited to see what it can be. Can it fulfill the great expectations of people here...?

With all the hyping up going on in this thread, it'd better! :devil:

Getting pretty bored of this thread.

For me hype creates suspicion not expectation.

Why does the product need to be hyped, is that an indication it doesn't stand on it's own merits?

If you've got a product to release, announce it and forget all the faffing about.

:classic: :classic:

Before you go to bed......when we in Oz don't go to bed for another 9 to 10 hours ! :grin:

I popped into ME's website, track, cars and engines.....but no items yet ! :wink:

Hopefully the wait will be worth it ! :grin:

Stop by our site before you go to bed. I promise you won't be bored. :classic:

Overplayed.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but your site is lacking any worthwhile information. Enlighten has been selling cheap compatable "China" track for some time. I trust you'll beat their prices, or at least offer new lenghts and radi.

Overplayed.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but your site is lacking any worthwhile information. Enlighten has been selling cheap compatable "China" track for some time. I trust you'll beat their prices, or at least offer new lenghts and radi.

Yeah I don;t think these are LEGO as such either. I read that the Lego patent on bricks expired in 2008?

Thanks Wallace... sorry Mikka.

The voltage on C1 / C2 lines of PF regulates the speed; look up Philo's home page. The DCC module would need to generate the 9V line, and also split out the correct voltages to C1 / C2 for this to be viable.

http://www.newrailwa...dcc-control.htm

You might also need additional outputs for the Aux module of the DCC. It would be a fun project, but lego purists would not be too keen...#

And someone did it already

http://chezfilou.pag.../MoteurDCC.html

I'm really disappointed with DCC, I have an Intellibox etc. But making PF compatible trains with Arduino works a lot better!

will we see some pickup metal wheels with it? im really chuffed about this!

Well, by now, you all know where we're at, but the question of course is, where are we going.

As we said from the start, this is an evolution and as such, more products will be coming in due time. The question of what and when, is still up in the air even on our side. I can tell you that, as with any product, we will be gauging the recepetion to our latest products and those which we have committed to for May, but beyond that, the calendar is open and the skies are the limit.

Just tried, and the website isnt responding....

'Safari can’t open the page “http://www.me-models.com/” because the server where this page is located isn’t responding'

well railbricks is true, salvation for 9v fan in the form of track is here... when i figure out paypal in next week, i will most certainly buy some :D

Fantastic idea, half length pieces which form track as long as you like with ballast options !

Brown or grey sleepers.....very interesting.....note they are also planning rolling stock and engines in the future.

Gee, all you 9V'ers out there will love the stuff ! :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

I've never used 9Volts before I always use 12V, but with these metal rails you could easily replace the old gray rails and have the two types running together (with the use of conducting tape on the points and crossing).default_cry_happy.gif

especially if they are cheap enough.default_thumbup.gif

And will it be compatible with Indy-Jones track?

Theoretically, it should be. AFAIK, the "IJ" track has the same "half-slot" connectors that the plastic rails and 9V do, so as long as the slots are the same size, then yes, the straight rails will work with narrow-gauge as well since the rails aren't fixed to the plates. The only issue I can foresee would be connectors, but there should be easy solutions around that.

According to the bricklink article, if you buy track in quad length pieces then you'll have the equivalent of 8 tracklengths for $15.

Finally 9V straight can decrease in price (and if it does not, I can sell some of mine and replace it by less expensive ME track).

Edited by hoeij

I've never used 9Volts before I always use 12V, but with these metal rails you could easily replace the old gray rails and have the two types running together (with the use of conducting tape on the points and crossing).default_cry_happy.gif

especially if they are cheap enough.default_thumbup.gif

Does the 9volt system have crossed tracks? I know they have points but not really paid attention to the 9volt set up.

this news has really opened up a lot more options thanks ME Models!.

Edited by Gareth

See it on Classic-Town.net

A well-played campaign to hype us all up and the product looks as though it's set to deliver. Great work there guys, I'll definitely be placing an order once I see the new curve radii.

Am I the only one who thinks that this development naturally leads to the need for new 9V motors? :cry_happy:

P.S.: @Gareth: Yes, 9V did have crossed tracks, although they were pretty rare.

I was just figuring out what for myself but thought why not share it:

So we get:

Grey:

ME900-2G Metal Rails "Double" - Gray (Box) for $9.99

ME900.5G Metal Rails "Half" - Gray (PolyBag) for $6.99

ME900G Metal Rails - Gray (Box) for $19.99

ME900G-BAG Metal Rails - Gray (PolyBag) for $4.99

and Brown

ME900-2B Metal Rails "Double" - Brown (Box) for $9.99

ME900.5B Metal Rails "Half" - Brown (PolyBag) for $6.99

ME900B Metal Rails - Brown (Box) for $19.99

ME900B-BAG Metal Rails - Brown (PolyBag) for $4.99

In length equals to:

ME900-2......2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif

ME900.5......2865.gif2865.gif

ME900........2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif2865.gif

ME900-BAG....2865.gif2865.gif

So calcuted back it cost per 16 stud length:

ME900-2....2 x 32 studs = $2.50 (without sleepers)

ME900.5....4 x 8 studs = $3.50 (with 8 sleepers)

ME900......6 x 16 studs = $3.33 (with 18 sleepers)

ME900-BAG..2 x 16 studs = $2.50 (without sleepers)

Nice ..... :wink:

Edited by FreeBee

Great job on these. I look forward to adding to my 9V and supplementing my PFS :)

Tim

PS.

ME900-2....2 x 32 studs = 2.50 old track length (without sleepers)

ME900.5....4 x 8 studs = 3.50 old track length (with 8 sleepers)

ME900......6 x 16 studs = 3.33 old track length (with 18 sleepers)

ME900-BAG..2 x 16 studs = 2.50 old track length (without sleepers)

Not sure what you mean by your = X.XX old track length. All track so far has a length of 16 studs (except flex).

Edited by gambort

Not sure what you mean by your = X.XX old track length. All track so far has a length of 16 studs (except flex).

I changed the post. Hope it's clearer now.

I was just figuring out for myself what the costs are per 16 stud segment.

only for fun.

:thumbup:

Edited by FreeBee

Theoretically, it should be. AFAIK, the "IJ" track has the same "half-slot" connectors that the plastic rails and 9V do, so as long as the slots are the same size, then yes, the straight rails will work with narrow-gauge as well since the rails aren't fixed to the plates. The only issue I can foresee would be connectors, but there should be easy solutions around that.

Points / Switch in IJ track and you will be fantastic... or track which can be 5 studs wide... for Narrow gauge / trams

Pick up connectors for PF motors ould also be nice.

Edited by roamingstudio

So calcuted back it cost per 16 stud length:

ME900-2....2 x 32 studs = $2.50 (without sleepers)

ME900.5....4 x 8 studs = $3.50 (with 8 sleepers)

ME900......6 x 16 studs = $3.33 (with 18 sleepers)

ME900-BAG..2 x 16 studs = $2.50 (without sleepers)

Nice ..... :wink:

The railbricks article also mentioned quad-length, which I think is the most interesting because it'd be $15 for 8 track lengths. I'll place an order once that becomes available. The half-length track is interesting too (I made one myself by cutting up a regular 9V straight and glueing it back together, that was quite a bit of work).