Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest Mafia Sign-ups-CLOSED

To sign-up, please provide the following information:

1. Your favorite FABULAND set and why.
  2. Spell the word "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE." Then demonstrate the difference between you're and your; their, there and they're; and to and too. Yes, I'm serious. Any wrong answers here and you are immediately disqualified.
  3. List all time conflicts/out-of-town or away-from-internet trips for the next 30 days.

1. I'm quite fond of set 324 (3605) Ricky Raccoon and His Scooter because it was the first Fabuland set I ever bought. I even reviewed it here on EB. It's proof that even a small single-figure set can be a lot of fun and who doesn't love a red scooter? :wub:

2. Definitely is definitely spelled as definitely whether one wears rouge or is a rogue. It's important for players to understand their role and to know that they're required to keep track of where the host tells them to post and then post there exclusively. You're making this much more complicated than you really needed to, I kind of wish you'd not put your head up your megablocks when writing these requirements. Your face is funny, too. If you had two faces, they'd both be funny. I hope that's good enough to qualify.

3. I have no life, silly.

Have I mentioned lately that I love you as a host? :sweet:

Rewriting the rules? :hmpf_bad: How about some goddam consistency...

But I didn't re-write them. You just need to show more consistency when reading. Haven't you learned anything from dealing with me yet? I'm never wrong. :tongue:

*writes down "def- (or whatever the hell his name is today) obstinate insubordinate."

:tongue:

Anyway, I would like to play please. I'm not a furry animal, but hopefully you have space for a dragon in there somewhere.

Scalies! :sceptic:

Hmm, it seems I landed here after Draggy booted me out the window for forgetting to kick the pigeon one time...

What's this? What is my favourite Fabuland set, you ask? Well I don't own any, but the first set I would buy would be 3633, so I can acquire a copy of our resident walrus.

Oh Lord, now a spelling test? :cry_sad: Okay, I can definitely do this... Unless you're still mad at me for forgetting to give you your Steel Lock Bearings. :look: But hey, the scum didn't get you! Their killer didn't even target you that night! Besides, they're all six feet under now, over there in the manor's back yard, next to that scummy Synclair boy who's returned for the sole purpose of this narration (who we'll no doubt end up burying too).

As for conflicts in my schedule, I don't foresee anything getting in my way. My internet cap recently reset so I should have no problems.

Their, am I done? :tongue: :tongue:

(That was a joke, please don't disqualify me... :look:)

But I didn't re-write them. You just need to show more consistency when reading. Haven't you learned anything from dealing with me yet? I'm never wrong. :tongue:

*writes down "def- (or whatever the hell his name is today) obstinate insubordinate."

:tongue:

Rim washer :thumbdown:

I love the orchestra because of the monkey and drum and the pig and tuba I think it was.

Plus it has a little place for naotes and for people to sit on. :wub: DEFINITELY.

You're is a contraction of you are.

Your is the possesive way form of you.

Their Possessive case

There A place

They're A contraction of they are.

To A word used for expressing motion or direction towards a point.

Too meanig also.

3. the only thing I have to think of is something that causes me to be out of town.

(Edit) Sorry I forgot a lot of stuff. Sorry if I am copying anybody.

Edited by RvB

I love the orchestra because of the monkey and drum and the pig and tuba I think it was.

Plus it has a little place for naotes and for people to sit on. :wub:

Good for you! :sweet::thumbup:

:sceptic:

I think I’m fairly close to being an All-Star, played a good 4 mafias.

3681 Amusement Park.

Why? Largest amount of figs out of any Fabuland set, lots of playability, and a Ferris wheel. Who doesn’t want a Ferris wheel? :sweet:

I definitely want to play.

You’re so awesome, Hinck, your skills are unbeatable.

There, I said it. Everyone else’s mafia, theirs are cool, and they’re nothing compared to this.

I really want to play and a bunch of other people do too.

:grin:

(Non-suck-up version: You’re is you are, your is possessive, there is referring to a place or point, their is possessive, they’re is they are, to is a verb, too is also.)

3. Nope, nothing planned.

Edited by CallMePie

To sign-up, please provide the following information:

1. Your favorite FABULAND set and why.
  2. Spell the word "DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE." Then demonstrate the difference between you're and your; their, there and they're; and to and too. Yes, I'm serious. Any wrong answers here and you are immediately disqualified.
  3. List all time conflicts/out-of-town or away-from-internet trips for the next 30 days.

1. After a thorough browse of the theme, I've decided that I like Set 3646 Catherine Cat in her Kitchen the best. For a small set, it's got a whole bunch of awesome printed food tiles, some cute kitchen furniture, and two minifigures who are perfectly at home.

2. I'll definitely spell that out for you! I hope that you're going to give me a spot in your game. There are so many top-quality members here, and their chances of making it are clearly higher, but I hope I get a chance to play too. Let's go to the forest!

3. I'm traveling from the 25th through the 27th of March but I will probably be able to access the Internet from my phone, or worst case pay a few bucks to use the computers in the lobby.

1.FABULAND was made before I was born, so I don’t own any sets, I do own some figs. If I had a chance to buy a FABULAND set it would be this one:

3680-1.jpg

I think this set proves that a set doesn’t have to be big to be a great set. love the little camper, it’s so cute. It even has an interior, something most current LEGO sets are lacking. Plus it comes with 3 figs.

2.I definitely want to play in your mafia game and I am sure I’m not too busy with other stuff. I know you’re going to do your very best hosting this game and I think it will be one of your best games ever. If you’ll let me play I know I will defeat my opponent. They’re going to wish they never were born. They’ll be screaming for their mother like little babies. There, I think I’ve made my point.

3.I have a job, so I’m not online 24/7. This coming weekend will be very busy for me. But after this weekend I will have plenty of time to contribute to this game.

4. I wouldn't consider myself to be an All Star player. I’ve played in 5 Mafia Games so far. I wasn’t very good in Dystopia and Eurodina. I did OK in Hogwarts and in Bloodbrick too. I think I did great in Werewolf, plus I learned a great deal about Mafia games during the last game.

A FABULAND Mafia Game

Woohoo! Fabuland!

1. 3671 Airport, there are many I really like, but this one has the infamous hammer and lots of other cool accessories. And then there's 324 Ricky Raccoon of course. :grin:

2. I definitely want to play in your game. You're being so strict in your sign-up criteria that everyone is now kissing your megablocks just to get in. They're all too eager to play but at least you accomplished that they are paying extra attention to their spelling. There! Happy? :laugh:

3. I'm available to play the coming month.

... and oh my this sign-up thread is going fast.

I'd definitely like to take part in your Fabuland Mafia, Hinck; I've heard you're a great host :sweet:

I may be a relative newcomer to Mafia, but you've seen how much I'll commit to the game. I have cleared the diary so I'll be free for the next 30 days! (Well, I might have to go to work a few times, and maybe sleep a little, but hey)...

I buy LEGO by the bucketload. I have too many bricks to count (a lot more than two!) They're all there in their boxes.

There's no question about my favourite Fabuland set:

5487732707_5aa1f2bc18.jpg

Pweeease let me play! :cry_happy:

I knew you'd do a Fabuland Mafia! :laugh:

I'd like to say I'm an allstar player. I believe I did well in Mystical Castle, Dystopia, Hogwarts, Eurodina and Werewolf mafia (feel free to correct me! :tongue: ). I've one twice, both on the side of the town, which is (not to discredit any scum winners - credit well deserved) the harder side of winning; you start off knowing no one, whereas the scum know all on their side.

My favourite set Fabuland set? At the risk of sounding like a sycophantic boot licker, it would have to be 134 service station; Gavin and Gregor were my favourite characters from Fabuland Housewives.

• Definitely
  • You're - 'You are wrong' can be made into 'You're wrong'
  • Your - 'Your the proprietor of the is restaurant, aren't you?'
  • Their - 'See that car? That's theirs'
  • There - 'See them people over there?'
  • They're - 'See them people? They are right crooks' can be made into 'See them people? They're right crooks'
  • To - 'We're going to the zoo'
  • Too - 'You can come too'

I will be away for one Friday night, but they've got internet there.

Edited by Professor Flitwick

3603-1.1122331812.thumb2.jpg

1. My favourite Fabuland set must be 3603 Boris Bulldog and Mailbox. I know it's not much, but it was offered to me by my wife as I was waking up one Christmas morning and it was her only Fabuland set as a child. I had no idea she even had this! Besides, the printed mailbox is soo lovely! :wub:

2. I definitely would love to take part in this game, despite not being an all-star. I'm signing up anyway, perhaps I'll qualify as a backup -- although I doubt any will be needed! You're too horny to tie your pants, they're bursting at their seams, there!

3. No known time conflicts.

[*]Your - 'Your the proprietor of the is restaurant, aren't you?'

Beh-bow!

Oooh, and you were doing so well. That would be, "You're the proprietor of this restaurant, aren't you?"

The correct use of 'your' would be, "This is your restaurant, is it not?"

Beh-bow!

Oooh, and you were doing so well. That would be, "You're the proprietor of this restaurant, aren't you?"

The correct use of 'your' would be, "This is your restaurant, is it not?"

:look:

:cry_sad:

Hi.

This is my favorite set:

5067693135_e347e629c9.jpg

Wait...that's an MOC...

0137-1.jpg

Oh, that's definitely better. I like hospitals.

Maybe since you're hosting I won't get screwed over again! :thumbup:

Oh, you need proper usage of other things too...

You're - You are, a person or thing doing an objective.

Your - Possessive case of an object.

Their - Belonging to a person.

They're - More than one person, doing an objective

There - In or at a place.

Too - as well as

Two - one plus one

To - A preposition, stating where someone should go.

Example:

You're going to the market. There, you will find two loaves of bread, that are too delicious to be described in words. They're going to be joining you at the market, so lead them back to your car so you can drive them home. Their car is in the shop, so good luck.

You’re definitely not getting me to jump through all these hoops you’ve got others jumping though. Your ability to make the simple, hard is too funny sometimes; their writing has been of extra high standard, they’re all trying so hard to impress. While I likely don’t qualify for the event, I thought I’d amuse myself with this application.

As for favourite (Does “Australian spelling” count as a black mark out of interest?) FABULAND set 3676 Catherine Cat’s Fun Park.

-Somehow the idea of playing with a bird, bunny and cat (I LOVE CATS) with an elephant appeals to me. On a side note, it has two ornate white arches in it. default_wubnew.gif

I work weekdays, free otherwise.

I don't think I'm experienced enough, but it's definitely worth trying:

1)The bakery (6773). It makes me hungry. :laugh:

2)You're (personal pronoun and auxiliary verb-used as subject and part of a complex predicate) carrying your (possessive pronoun-used as attribute to grammar) grammar to (preposition-part of an adverbial construction) excess. Though since there (subject) are yet people doing mistakes in their (possessive pronoun-used as attribute to sentences) sentences, it seems that your (see above) conditions are legitimate, and maybe they're (personal pronoun and auxiliary verb-used as subject and part of a complex predicate) even too (adverb) modest.

3)no trips, no conflicts. I'm never leaving the computer, so what could happen? :tongue:

Edited by Peanuts

Mmmm, Fabuland...

My favorite Fabuland set is the only one I own (two copies, even. It's a long story :look: ). Set 132, Cottage.

132-1.jpg

Anyway, I'm definitely interested, if you couldn't tell. I really enjoy the sets in the Fabuland theme. They're some very interesting sets to play with, with their mutated animal heads. And there are some interesting accessories, too.

And a note to Hinckley: you're crazy. I like that. Your dedication the English language is second to none, though.

A second note, given Hinck's propensity of late, do we have to swear like fuckin' sailors during this game?

Looks great Hinckley! I'm sad I won't be Foo-Fooing anybody in this game, as I'm really, really defiantly definitely not a mafia game star... :cry_sad: I'll have fun watching! :classic:Fabuland on! :thumbup: :thumbup:

f you can't read a simple PM or clarify things if you don't understand them. You must be able to be proactive in getting the best out of

Was that targeted at me? :cry_sad:

Was that targeted at me? :cry_sad:

Um... :blush: ... No? :look: Why do you ask?

:laugh: Not necessarily, but that type of thing, yes. You're not the only one to ever do it. :tongue:

Deciding on which Fabuland set is my favourite was definitely not easy, but I've come to the conclusion that

3673-1.jpg

the 3673 Steamboat has to win, if only due to its massive nostalgia bonus points from being one of the sets I got when going to Legoland in 1988.

As for the grammar exercise I'd like to point out that Hinckley, you're a dick, and your dick is small too. :laugh:

I know that to lose two games in a row due to not exactly stellar performance doesn't improve my chances of being picked, but I hope my earlier achievements might matter a bit too. Hopefully there won't be too many other players who due to their stellar performances takes all the slots, even though they're a fine bunch all of them with fine tags.

And I've checked my work calendar, and with the exception of a client meeting the 17th of March that will make the 15th and 16th quite busy days I'm good to go. I'll be available the whole time though, but won't have time to spend 7-8 hours a day analysing voting patterns :laugh:

I'd love to play!

My favorite Fabuland set is 3674, and because I thought it was cute!

You should spell DEFF - FINN - ATE - LEE as definetly. You're and you are different from your, as your is a possesive. Their means it is owned by them. There is a place like "Over There". They're or They are is like You're and is different. To is just a word and too means someone wants to come too. :wacko:

For time conflicts, I will be away for a short 5 days. March 9 to the 13. I hope this doesn't interfere with the game.

I hope I will be able to play. I hope that what I said in the "What would you want to see in a game" thread didn't make you despise me. :classic: