Duck

Brickington Sails Forth!

Ahoy shipmates!

Brickington Sails Forth! is a brickflick series that I have released erratically since 2010. It follows the story of a Redcoat Captain who is sent on a mission to capture some "foreign pirates" from a rival brand, Toyrific. Along with his crew - Sergeant Block, Corporal Stud and Private Brickdrip - Captain Brickington has been shipwrecked, attacked by Islanders, visited the Pirate haven of Skulls Nest, and fought Samurai/Ninja pirates on the high-seas.

UPDATE: 19/12/2016 - This series has now concluded! See Episode 9 below for the final episode!

New Episode: Episode 9: Finale

Captain Brickington has tracked down the Foreign Pirates, and has the backing of the LEGO Pirates Captains Committee to finally attack them. The epic showdown is about to begin! 

The Series So Far...

The Sardines Revenge - Ship MOC

Related

- a one-off video based on Brickington's Roman-era ancestor -

- The story of the Redcoat Captain's father, who was a Pirate, as he attempts to find another ship... His rival, Captain BarnacleBrick has the same idea however...

P.S. Mods, i know there is a brickflick forum, but i feel that this is truelly a pirate matter, and is certainly made with the classic-pirates enthusiasts in mind and so feel it will be most appreciated here! Feel free to move though if this is a problem :)

Edited by Duck

well done it has a very "Blackadder " feel to it,

looking forward to more .... shame about the dropped ship. :pir-cry_sad:

Edited by TazManiac

Thanks for the positive comments! Another episode should be on its way sometime in the near future! :D

Filming for episode four is currently underway and i would hope to have it released by the end of the week! Also, i'll be showing a MOC of the islanders village to go with this one!

Heres a teaser trailer though. After being captured by the islanders, what will Captain Brickington and his mens fate be?

And episode four is up! As Captain Brickington and his men are brought before the Bird King, is it the end for them?

Edited by Duck

Thanks Big Cam! Much appreciated!

For anyone who has commitment issues and is unsure whether they want to watch twenty or so minutes worth of this series, i've put together a trailor with bits from the four episodes - under the cunning youtube name of "Lego Pirates Trailer" so that youtube users may stumble accross it abit more easily - Sneaky one i am!

Ahoy shipmates!

Episode five is in my own modest opinion, my best film by far, using a better program and the main characters are now fully developed from the first few episodes. So, even if you havent watched, or dont have the time to watch the first four episodes, do please watch Episode Five and tell me what you think! (It should make enough sense on its own!)

Episode Five - Skulls Nest

Brickington and his men arrive in the Pirate Haven of Skulls Nest to seek parlae with the mythical Pirate Captains Council. MOC of the film-set for Skulls Nest coming soon!

(^ Available in upto 720dp ^)

Thanks for watching, and all comments and feedback are much appreciated!

Edited by Duck

You are making these alot faster now than before! I cant watch it currently, because im on Schools computer and it has no speakers, so cant hear the voices, but what i can say about the film at the moment, its awesome! Gonna watch it again in home at i can hear the voices. Good job whit this again Duck :thumbup: (Funny name by the way :pir_laugh2: )

Captain Becker

Great work! The episode about the parlay gave me an idea of a new storyline: It would be funny to show how the pirates have become overly buerocratic, with countless committees for each and every aspect of pirate life and an unflexible hierarchy, while the government troops are really unstructured und basically do everything without much discussion beforehand :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the positive comments guys! :pir-sweet:. Yeah i'm producing these at a much faster rate at the moment as i seem to have time and also i keep having ideas for where to take the series next which gives me the motivation to start making the next episode almost as soon as i finish the last one! Hope you enjoyed it even more with sound the second time you watched it Cap'n Becker! :thumbup:

And i'm glad you felt inspired by it Cherno, surprisingly non-typical pirates are the way to go! :pir-grin:

I'm just in the process of taking pictures for a skulls-nest MOC then i'm sure filming for the next episode will be commencing shortly!

Edited by Duck

that was funny. Your diction surely helps as well. I like the torso of the Ice Planet captain - can you please tell me what set is it coming from? thanks

that was funny. Your diction surely helps as well. I like the torso of the Ice Planet captain - can you please tell me what set is it coming from? thanks

Glad you liked it!

I'm assuming you mean the Captain in the middle with the white mustache?

5556866960_1f3601e801_z.jpg

The body is actually from one of the bandits from the old western sets, I was surprised at how good it looked on a pirate also! :pir-sweet:

NEW (12/04/11): Episode Six: The Sardines Revenge.

Captain Brickington joins forces with the pirates, and meets the crew of the pirate ship "The Sardines Revenge". Will they be the efficient crew he's looking for to help him in his mission? (Ship MOC)

Edited by Duck

the sixth episode was again good. I always like how Brickington is sort of bowing when introducing himself, and the joke with flipping pirates' names was a clever idea, too. It also is a good idea to introduce this bit of suspension at the end of episodes as you had done here, where you don't know what are the Japanese pirates up to now. Will they help or thwart Brickington's mission?

Keep it up.

Glad you enjoyed it Cinco! The next one should be out within the next couple of weeks, then the Asian Pirates plan will be revealed! :pir-classic:

*Is currently enjoying the challenge of stop-motioning epic ninja-stunts* :pir-tongue:

Update: 05/06/2011 - There are now listed Seven episodes of my erratically released series which follows the life of Captain Brickington and his crew of misfits in the hunt for some foreign pirates("Toyrific" lego clones).

Episode five, six and now seven are in my own modest opinion, my best films by far, using a better program and the main characters are now fully developed from the first few episodes. So, even if you havent watched, or dont have the time to watch the first four episodes, do please watch Episode Five, Six and Seven and tell me what you think! (They should make enough sense on their own!)

NEW 05/06/2011 - Episode Seven: Kung Fu Fightin'

Brickington and his men are on the hunt for the Bluecoats aboard the pirate ship "The Sardines Revenge". As the rain starts to fall, another Pirate Captain has other plans.

(I have no idea why this is playing in a small box... Click on it to watch it properly please! :) )

Edited by Duck

Hello!

Just a quick update to say that this series hasnt been forgotten! I've had a really hectic year having moved house and had quite a lot of other stuff going on and so its been somewhat on the back burner. I fully intend on recommencing filming once I've finished a couple of other smaller projects I've been working on in the meantime, such as my Gladiator film I recently posted the trailer of!

I'd guess at a brickington film appearing again in a couple of months - to make up for the fact it will have been a year since the last one, I shall try my best to make it as epic as is physically possible! :cannon:

Edited by Duck

I just watched the whole series! Wow! Just wow! It's really well made and funny. You haven't watched the inbetweeners have you?

Thanks! Really pleased you enjoyed it so much!

And yep, the inbetweeners was one of a number of programmes which I drew inspiration from, along with Blackadder and a bit of Monty Python.

I'm currently in the process of planning the next episode which depending on whether my girlfriend will allow me to use a large chunk of the living room floor for a few days, may feature a large-scale naval battle. Will update this thread when filming commences!

Duck

Thanks for the feedback Foremast Jack! Much appreciated! :pir-classic:

Hope you enjoy watching the grail - although I have no doubt you will!

Hi folks!

I can now confirm that filming for episode eight has finally commenced. The episode will feature ships The Sardines Revenge, HMS Uncapturable, atleast two bluecoat ships and those pesky foreign pirates! Large scale sea battle ahoy!

I'm hoping to have a trailer ready within two weeks and the full episode out in about a month or so. Watch this space! :pir-devil:

Edited by Duck