Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

Brickshelf: Pics of 8288 Crawler Crane

Great Find Mayor ;-)

This set is Impressive because its 80 cms high but thats all !! Really not impressed more than that.

I don't really care though hehe (meaning no space nor money issue :-D :-P )

*yoda*

As a technic fan, I am not very enthusiastic about this set. It is not particularly mechanically interesting, I don't find it very attractive, and it takes up too much space. I fear it will be flimsy, but can't judge that yet.

I have always loved best those Technic sets which packed a lot of functions into a small tight package. This set is the opposite of that.

I can't tell if it's motorized. I think not. That's too bad, having a motor and a remote control operation on this set might have saved it. We can always add that on....

It looks like a good parts pack, depending on cost of course. It will drive the price of 1x4 chain links down, which is nice.

Oh, and one more negative thing. No classic technic beams as far as I can see. At least the giant crane truck from last year had a ton of 1x16 classic beams.

$0.02

I WANT to like this set, but I can't seem to get there yet...

Did anyone notice the sets on the back of the instructions?

8288-004.jpg

I know about the big tow truck, but is that a new firetruck (shown in the middle)? And, is that (in the upper right corner) the lime green 4x4 that we saw a few years ago or am I missing something (probably very likely)???

WHAT ????

The US is having the neat looking buggy and we are having that tractor !! Is that a joke ??

The only thing we can hope for is that its just a marketing strategy and from the same "set" we could build both models: only the set model would differ ;-)

I will never understand TLC and their stupid decisions *wacko*

*yoda*

Great find Hobbes! I'm guessing that this isn't released yet, and that he must be a lego ambasador or somthing.

I for one am looking forward to this set. Yes it may be big, but i for one enjoy the bigger sets. Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is the first crawler crane lego has made. I really like how you can add differnt boom lenths/combinations, whitch helps this set be more versatile. A defanite on my must have list.

WHAT ????

The US is having the neat looking buggy and we are having that tractor !! Is that a joke ??

The only thing we can hope for is that its just a marketing strategy and from the same "set" we could build both models: only the set model would differ ;-)

I will never understand TLC and their stupid decisions *wacko*

*yoda*

Well I think the tractor is a lot better than the buggy, so I'm happy ;-)

Thanks for the clarification. I remember seeing pics of the tractor (and I wasn't really excited about it) but the buggy looks pretty good. However, I don't ever remember seeing the firetruck (which has potential.)

I'm guessing none of these will be out until at least September and later, right?

I'm actually looking forward to the crane.

Bulldozer chain links, more boat weights, and apparently it has a pretty cool ratchet mechanism using the flexible 2-holed axle holder.

I'm not a big fan of strings though, mainly because every time I take the set apart the strings always get knotted up :P

As far as the release date, I'm not sure. Last year the 2nd phase technic stuff was released this same week (I remember because I bought the Street Bike on June 20th), so maybe we'll be seeing them sooner than September? (God I hope).

*can't wait*