Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

On 22/09/2017 at 7:12 PM, aukevin said:

Here's a pic of my three PotC ships

3 PotC ships

Yes awesome! I like your mod on the Black Pearl: it looks a lot better now ;)

On 9/3/2017 at 6:08 AM, Captain Pirate Man said:

Does anyone know what happened to the FD pic from the Lego offices that is hidden somewhere in this thread? I have been searching and searching for it, and can't seem to find it. 

I just bought instructions for a great FD MOC, and I'm curious how it stacks up with the "official"one. 

On a side note, I'm curious how Sebeus feels about Lepin stealing his FD MOC? How many pieces was his MOC? I looked up the Lepin version, and it's like 3500 pieces, I don't know how they can do that MOC justice with that piece count? The FD MOC I am building is 5100 pieces, and I'm sure Sebeus MOC is larger. I'm sorry that Lepin is profiting off of your hard work.

This is the design for the MOC that I am using. ?

http://www.brickstruct.com/Brickstruct.com/Flying Dutchman page .html

Are you looking for the one that was in the video game? Because that was released on flicker by it's designer if you want to check it out.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, Brickwraith said:

Are you looking for the one that was in the video game? Because that was released on flicker by it's designer if you want to check it out.

Do you have a link for that?

For a time I’ve been building a Flying Dutchman since LEGO never released it, and I’ve just uploaded my model on LEGO IDEAS, link’s here if you're interested.

I’m open to any criticism/suggestions :)

Edited by ZedKay

I am surprised POTC isn't on the list of "themes not allowed on Ideas due to existing licenses" since they already have the license for POTC (and would likely get a license for sets for any new movie if/when it comes out)

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

I am surprised POTC isn't on the list of "themes not allowed on Ideas due to existing licenses" since they already have the license for POTC (and would likely get a license for sets for any new movie if/when it comes out)

Aye but they removed the license from the list of Active Licenses, since they're no longer selling any POTC product (the Silent Mary has retired not long ago)