Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Mmm.. I want that wooden Jack Sparrow! Afraid it'll be difficult to come by in the EU..

I would wager that someone would pick that up as a pre-order bonus in Europe/UK. Game/HMV/Play etc all usually do pre-order bonuses on videogames.

I found this interesting:

Captain Jack Sparrow is hardly ever seen without his Tricorner hat, one of his few prized possessions. His many enemies love to pop it off and use it to bribe him since he never leaves it behind…for long.

(from here)

Does this mean that piece is two parts after all?

I would wager that someone would pick that up as a pre-order bonus in Europe/UK. Game/HMV/Play etc all usually do pre-order bonuses on videogames.

I went to gamestop today (I do hate that shop but that's another topic) and asked - they hadn't heard of anything like that so far but it doesn't mean anything since EU release date is mid may. I was told that they get notice sometimes only one month in advance.

(Still, I ain't buy it there, it just helps to know there might be more wooden Sparrows on BL/ebay!)

Hope this is going to avaliable in europe. Looks neat.

My question is; will this fig be available in the Canadian GameStop stores. Their branch here in Vancouver are called EB Games; they usually have very similar offers that the US stores give.

~t7_c

I hope HMV in Britain do that Jack Sparrow promotion. Usually they have lots of little preorder bonuses on their games.

Hey guys, went to the Lego store today and asked the manager when they would be getting the (potc) sets. She told me Friday April 1'st they will have them on the shelves!!! Hopefully she was playing an early April fools joke?

I've seen that there are going to be different Jack Sparrows in the new sets, but I'm trying to figure out where in the movie this Jack Sparrow comes into play.

The lines on his face look weird.

post-16143-130062357854.jpg

I assume this figure has something to do with the upcoming film. Possibly it's a voodoo doll or something similar. The lines and lack of a mouth suggest that he is supposed to be made of wood (to me at least).

Also, this belongs in the Pirates of the Caribbean thread over in the Pirates forum.

Gamestop is giving this away?! *oh2* I take it this is some sort of preorder bonus for the upcoming LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean videogame?

That is a wooden jack Sparrow made in LEGO. But i dont think at they are gonna releaser this minifig ever. And about the upcoming movie, i dont know if this has something to do about it, but maby about the upcoming video game. And this has been discussed in Pirates of the Caribbean discustion thread in Pirates forum already.

Captain Becker

Are you asking for spoilers? :wacko: Since no one has seen the movie yet and Disney is being very secretive about the plot, nobody can tell. You'll have to wait to see the movie. And like Cpt. Becker said, this minifig is already being discussed in the Pirates forum.

If you want to discuss the videogame, I suggest you go to this thread.

Wasn't really asking for spoilers, I thought I missed something in the original films, that was all

I'll merge this with the existing POTC thread tomorrow, so that everyone knows where they can find it. :pir-classic:

I'm assuming we'll find out what the dummy Jack Sparrow is about when the movie comes out.

is gamestop giving these away now or do you not get them til you pick up the game?

Has gamestop done special minifigures with preorder like this in the past, perhaps with Star Wars? And if so, were those minifigures ever available in another way, at a later date? Maybe they were selling for a reasonable price on eBay/BL?

I've been burned by gamestop "exclusives" before. There were games where you get special content, but then a matter of months later, they would make that content available for download on xbox live.

I kind of want the video game, but 50 bucks (~55 after tax, more for shipping?) is steep. (I've played the Lego SW games, and they're good, but not 55 dollars good.) I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Edited by Zeya

I Think the Jack Voodoo Doll belongs to Black Beards Daughter, Angelica .

Has gamestop done special minifigures with preorder like this in the past, perhaps with Star Wars? And if so, were those minifigures ever available in another way, at a later date? Maybe they were selling for a reasonable price on eBay/BL?

Nope. There were some keychains for the HP game which still go for reasonable prices, but they can't really be compared to this Cpt. Jack fig.

And yes, I agree, the videogames are overpriced, even if you get a bonus minifig. On the other hand, if you intend to sell it at some point, it just might be worth it considering what exclusive licensed figs usually go for. But it's also possible that these figs might be distributed elsewhere some day. As usual, it's a gamble.

That is an awesome minifig! I am going to have to preorder the game now.

I think the sets will appear late April, just like the TS3 sets last year.

I’m not sure whether it was mentioned before – I didn’t notice though – but I just realized, that according to the movie trailer the 3rd figure in 4192 Fountain of Youth it’s Barbossa! (sorry if it was obvious to everyone else..)

The only ones I couldn’t recognize yet are the two in Whitecap Bay who are not Jack, zombie or mermaid, and the one in tan triangle hat in QAR.

Has anyone spotted these yet? I know am being a little ridiculous, I just want to know if I might see them on Bricklink and Brickset any time soon.

Edited by Isaac5

I’m not sure whether it was mentioned before – I didn’t notice though – but I just realized, that according to the movie trailer the 3rd figure in 4192 Fountain of Youth it’s Barbossa! (sorry if it was obvious to everyone else..)

The only ones I couldn’t recognize yet are the two in Whitecap Bay who are not Jack, zombie or mermaid, and the one in tan triangle hat in QAR.

The two in Whitecap Bay are Scrum (in the hat) and Philip (in black). The tan tricorne guy is the QAR's cook.

Has anyone spotted these yet? I know am being a little ridiculous, I just want to know if I might see them on Bricklink and Brickset any time soon.

I think the sets are released in May, so untill then, you cant get these sets in any stores. i seriosly cant wait until these hits in stores :pir-wub:

Captain Becker