Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Thank you, moop, for the information. My local K-Mart seemed to be having the sale on Pirates of the Caribbean sets. Unfortunately, there was no Revenge to be found, nor London Escape or Whitecap Bay, which would've been the only three I could've used multiples of. The other sets were there, at roughly 25% of their initial MSRP.

Thank you, moop, for the information. My local K-Mart seemed to be having the sale on Pirates of the Caribbean sets. Unfortunately, there was no Revenge to be found, nor London Escape or Whitecap Bay, which would've been the only three I could've used multiples of. The other sets were there, at roughly 25% of their initial MSRP.

Glad to alert people to it. The lack QAR is probably due to the sale being known among the communities that look for major discounts when shopping. They probably wiped them all out. Also, those other sets you mentioned were not at any of mine ether.

Did it say 25% off, or did you have to look at the scanner?

Did it say 25% off, or did you have to look at the scanner?

Each set had a yellow sticker on it, listing its retail price, followed by its marked down price. Additionally, they were all stacked on the shelf plastered with signs saying "Take an additional 50% off!" which would've made them, roughly, 75% off :thumbup:

Edited by LRDark

Each set had a yellow sticker on it, listing its retail price, followed by its marked down price. Additionally, they were all stacked on the shelf plastered with signs saying "Take an additional 50% off!" which would've made them, roughly, 75% off :thumbup:

I saw that shelf but sadly no LEGO.

Consider yourself lucky.

I almost never seem to have the same great deals in my stores that people often talk about. I don't have a K-mart, but I often hear of people mentioning great clearance deals at Target. At my Target the "clearance" prices are usually no more than 20% off.

I almost never seem to have the same great deals in my stores that people often talk about. I don't have a K-mart, but I often hear of people mentioning great clearance deals at Target. At my Target the "clearance" prices are usually no more than 20% off.

I was at my Target over the weekend and they had very whimpy sales... 20 cents off. The pirates sets weren't on sale like you guys were saying at Target.

I was at my Target over the weekend and they had very whimpy sales... 20 cents off. The pirates sets weren't on sale like you guys were saying at Target.

I was recently there and noticed that to, it's like what's the point, the tax is more than 20 cents.

I don't have a Kmart locally (Southern Oregon), but Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and was very excited to see that all the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets were on pretty heavy discount!!!

I ended up buying 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $79.99 and 4184 Black Pearl for $69.99. It made for a wonderful Memorial day surprise!

~Wowplayer

I don't have a Kmart locally (Southern Oregon), but Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and was very excited to see that all the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets were on pretty heavy discount!!!

I ended up buying 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $79.99 and 4184 Black Pearl for $69.99. It made for a wonderful Memorial day surprise!

~Wowplayer

Good haul! :pir-blush:

Are stores running out yet. I hope kmart still has a full stock :pir-tongue: . And is the Black Pearl still @ $25 USD?

Edited by sologuy369

~Wowplayer

Dang, now I have to go out to all the Wal-Marts in town.

Could Lego bring out new Pirates of the Caribbean set next year (2013)?

Next year, a new Potc movie is comeing into the cinemas ant after that 2014 the second movie (6th movie)!

It would be very cool if Lego bring out new sets!

What are you thinking about that?

See you later Niklas :)

Next year, a new Potc movie is comeing into the cinemas ant after that 2014 the second movie (6th movie)!

It would be very cool if Lego bring out new sets!

What are you thinking about that?

See you later Niklas :)

There won't be a potc movie in 2013... 2014 at earliest.

Do you have any kind of proof or evidence to back this up? I'd like to believe it.

I'm sure he doesn't. I check all the big movie news sites daily (Rotten Tomatoes, Collider, etc.) and there hasn't been any word on a new Pirates film for several months now.

There will be a 5th PotC film, and Johnny Depp will be back, but that is the only info there is. My source says that the first draft of the script was just barely being written, so I don't see the movie coming out any time next year.

Our Wal Mart has the QAR on sale for 69.99. Sadly the Black Pearl has not gone on clearance yet. I already have my QAR but I'm hoping to get a Pearl for 49$ The store only has about 15 of them sitting on the shelf......

deskp and GuntherThePenguin are correct about PoTC 5. I just checked Johnny Depp's IMDb page and it lists him as filming The Lone Ranger with a 2013 release date. It lists PoTC 5 as announced, but has no release date and no other actors listed.

I do expect we will see more PoTC sets, though, considering the range of sceens and multiple ships from the previous movies not yet produced by TLG.

It is also likely that TLG will hold the PoTC lisence through the sixth movie, which it has been confirmed that Johnny Depp has been contracted for.

I hope TLG gets to work on some At Worlds End scenes. I would love to have a Captain Teague/Keith Richards figure.

deskp and GuntherThePenguin are correct about PoTC 5. I just checked Johnny Depp's IMDb page and it lists him as filming The Lone Ranger with a 2013 release date. It lists PoTC 5 as announced, but has no release date and no other actors listed.

IMDB is a great resource, but it doesn't mean entries should always be taken at face value. The site is very good at keeping up with rumors and very early film developments. I've kept up with the film industry long enough to know that until a project is officially greenlit by the studio, anything can happen. And plenty of films are scrapped even after the greenlight (The Lone Ranger, which you mentioned, nearly came down to this). Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to make a 5th Pirates. I just don't want to see anyone get their hopes too high only to see the film not happen.

I am really curious why the Flying Dutchman got cancelled as certainly seems the case since nobody has heard anything otherwise in a while. I just doesn't make since unless Lego is planning to release it some time later or the model was really awful. I kind of tend to think the former possibility is the case but, has anybody heard anything in these regards? Do you think Lego is going to continue POTC at a later date or will they switch back to a more generic Pirates?