Sign in to follow this  
Jedd the Jedi

[MOC] Attack on Snowspeeder Bay

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I built this several years ago, and am still quite happy about it. When I first built the 2004 Snowspeeder, I made a little maintenance docking bay where it could get refuelled and repaired.

In order to create a kind of battle scene, I partially took the maintenance bay apart and added some details to make it look as if it had been attacked by Imperial forces.

attack_on_snowspeeder_bay_version_2.jpg

attack_on_snowspeeder_bay_version_2_view_2.jpg

attack_on_snowspeeder_bay_version_2_view_4.jpg

I didn't want this to look random or thrown-together, so I tried to add the right details to make it seem like an attack was indeed in progress.

Thanks for looking as always!

Impressed how you have caught an exploding snowspeeder.....those snowtroopers like to take risks eh ? :devil:

Keep them comming 'Jedd the Jedi' and may the Sith Brick be with you ! :grin:

Impressed how you have caught an exploding snowspeeder.....those snowtroopers like to take risks eh ? :devil:

Keep them comming 'Jedd the Jedi' and may the Sith Brick be with you ! :grin:

whats with the double post lightningtiger?

Not bad Jedd! :thumbup: I like the fire pieces all over it. :sweet: The docking bay dismantled and the snow troopers around look good!

CF

I like to assume this is what Fallenangel and brickdoctor do to Lego's snowspeeders, but using actual fire.

It looks pretty cool, are you planning an updated version?

Were regular Stormtroopers on Hoth? I thought they were all Snowtroopers.

Anyways, not bad, although I don't think they'd be so close to something on fire or currently exploding.

Really nice Jedd. As said, the exploding speeder has been done really well. The little building is a nice addition as well.

Thanks for Sharing :classic:

Hello!

A great display, very well set in scene! :classic: It's a realistic setup that could have taken place during the Battle of Hoth.

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hey, thank you everyone. And Legostein the mini master! I remember you from FBTB forums back in the day, thanks for your comment!

simonjedi, I shudder at the thought. Hmm, I don't think I will be - I have sinced returned this diorama to its normal, non-battle-scene form.

StoutFiles, there were stormtroopers on Hoth, I think. I used one mainly because at the time I built this, I only had one Snowtrooper (From 4504 Millennium Falcon).

Once again, really appreciate all the comments!

I like to assume this is what Fallenangel and brickdoctor do to Lego's snowspeeders, but using actual fire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I've never tried burning my sets, but if I ever get hold of a 6212...