Sign in to follow this  
VBBN

AT-TE/m with Hammer Wing Gunship

gallery_101_23_281.gif

These are both custom designed vehicles, they are not mean to be recreations of a certain vehicle. Oh btw, the MOCs are too huge to fit on my photo setup, so, I didnt really strive for fancy pics this time around.

The AT-TE/m is the smaller relative of the AT-TE. Haveing only 4 legs,it later led to the inspiration of the massive empire vehicle called the AT-AT. The new design allowed for a smaller an more portable AT-TE unit, as well as being quicker. it has a short ranged cannon on top, however when paired with the hammer wing gunship, it is unbeatable.

5405657817_2cf4ee8ac4.jpg

The Hammer Wing Gunship(or HWG) was designed after the LAAT/c. It took the dropship design of the LAAT/C and combned it with the transportation abilities of the Republic gunship. It has a small area in the front where troops can rest, then quickly run along the fold down ramp into the at-te/m, at-te, at-ot, or at-at attatched.

5406274886_620857f516.jpg

5405627939_5ff485cbd2.jpg

I kept intact some of the original At-TE and reublic gunship(10%), but for the most part they are 50% added parts and 40% re-created.

MORE PICS: http://www.flickr.co...57625950046656/

Hmmm...

I definitely like the AT-TE/m better than the Hammer Wing, because the rear area where the wings attach to the latter looks a little, IDK, rushed. That really skinny 4-wide area where the Technic spine is showing looks like a critical weak point. (in-universe, that is, if I'm an AA battery, I target that and the whole thing goes down) The AT-TE/m looks better, I'm not a fan of the way the armor overlaps over itself, but it's not a bad design. I think both of these could be quite good with a little more experimenting. I'm guessing there was a lack of parts to deal with here?

BTW, in-universe, the link between the 'TE and 'AT is the AT-HE, which is basically AT-TE chassis with six AT-AT legs. But that doesn't really matter. :classic:

Ayeaye I dont have many white parts left after this, I got an order coming int to finish the bulking up of it and make more mods to the midsection.

Ayeaye I dont have many white parts left after this, I got an order coming int to finish the bulking up of it and make more mods to the midsection.

Ah. Seems we all suffer from that once in a while... :sad:

I look forward to seeing the updated version! :classic:

I like the AT-TE/m, you did well scaling down the AT-TE into a smaller version yet still retaining the overall look. Though I'm not so sure about the Hammer Wing, I understand the limitation of using only majority of the RGS parts, but the visible gaps and overall unstreamlined look is quite inconsistent with its LAAT/i and LAAT/c predecessors. Still, nice work so far, and I'm also looking forward how you'll further improve these when your needed parts arrive. default_classic.gif

The AT-TE looks fairly sound, but the front-end is busy, there are sloped pieces tacked on there, which I'm not sure what purpose they serve. I like the idea of side-cannons where the middle set of legs would be.

The gunship looks rickety, too much going on and there are gaps etc that make the engineer in me wonder what sort of structural stability it has.

Nice work VBBN.

You got a bunch of great pics of this in your flickr and advise people to check them out as well.

As I said in your flickr, please add them all to our flickr pool :classic:

blogged