Beautiful set. Must get. Lego company is bad in making us empty our wallets. :)

Has anyone noticed that it indicates adding 88002, which , at least from what I can tell cannot yet be ordered in the US? Are they going to make the new PF motor available to order separately? The current PF motor they have up there is the older one. There was a nice article (link not handy) that documents the new PF motors vs the old and how the new are better.

As of last week, the PF motor is not available in US of individual sale. They did use the words "as of right now" in my conversations with TLG customer service. I hope this means it will be available when this comes to the US market, since it is far superior to the 8866 motor they currently sell.

It would be a real shame if outstanding sets like this were released to AFOLs only. It really is an aspirational set- and one that I'm sure would greatly popularise Lego trains if given a wider release with some promotion- ie like the 12v stuff was back in the '80s (many of us remember that fantastic advert with the gangsters using a 12v set to plan a train heist).

And whilst I'd be more inclined to custom build my own trains (based on British prototypes) I still ache to have one of these American style sets! I can't comment on the accuracy of the loco (not being American although it looks great to me) but the Terberg yard tractor is stunning and instantly recognisable to those who've seen the real thing (usually in large industrial complexes).

Maybe its the quality of the pictures, but it ALMOST looks like that gray is old light gray? i have been trying to compare it to ther things in the video. Also the split bases on the container are very nice addidition. Whether its old gray or bley it'll make a nice addition to the Mathis El Capitan models I am working on.

I am not a train guy at all. I have never owned a Lego train set of any level. This set makes me want to rethink that.

I am not a train guy at all. I have never owned a Lego train set of any level. This set makes me want to rethink that.

X2

I think this will be the first train set i will ever buy. Only thing that sucks is now i will have to get some tracks to go with it.

Maybe its the quality of the pictures, but it ALMOST looks like that gray is old light gray? i have been trying to compare it to ther things in the video. Also the split bases on the container are very nice addidition. Whether its old gray or bley it'll make a nice addition to the Mathis El Capitan models I am working on.

I would highly doubt that this would be made of "old grey". I can't think of any sense why TLG would do that. If they were going back to that color, they would have done it years ago when everyone was outraged that it was changed.

Just my 2 cents.

Watching the Youtube clip, I say it's just plain old.....light bluey grey which we have seen over the last few years, I high doubt they would ever go back to the real old classic grey's. :wink:

I wonder still how someone got it so quick.....10219 still comes a blank on Lego.com ! :sceptic:

Hopefully at either the current toy fair or New York's it will be finally release.....fingers crossed ! :wink:

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

I don't think LEGO plays a fair game in giving such a set prematurely to a store and complain to the AFOL world about leaks that they caused themselves. LEGO is a very strange company.

Now that I've seen the clearer and more detailed photos of this set I'm ever more excited. :sweet:

There is something that really makes this train look unique and I strongly believe that one of the most important factors for this is the colour scheme. The combination of grey, light blue and black makes the train look "rough" and together with the very nice design of the engine and the other elements that are included in the set (containers, truck, light blue minifig helmets) definitely makes me wanna buy it even if I have to watch it sit on my shelf without moving at all.

A video from the Dutch toy site has now been uploaded on Youtube, with the Train itself and power functions installed. Video here:

This is going to be on the toop of my wanted list for sure! Enjoy the video! :classic:

The video seeing it in action makes want it more!

Also points out the need for another 9 volt motor and more track to run the train with my others at the same time. :tongue:

Go Lego for helping me fund brinklink shops. :laugh:

Thank you very much for the new pics and the video! :classic:

Now I'm really sure that I want that :wub: set!

I really hope that TLG will offer 10219 as a kit with power functions motor, RC receiver, rechargeable battery box and recharger like brickshop.nl does.

Klaus-Dieter

Wow - this does look like it'll be a great new train.

Also looking forward to being able to buy the new PF train motor separately (88002) - it's more powerful than the old RC one (8866) and won't require a PF extension cable.

That said, does anyone know if there's likely to ever be a another Lego train powered by the XL motor (like Emerald Night)? Or perhaps even a couple of M motors (like some MOCs)? Did they only use the XL motor with Emerald Night because it needed to use the big wheels, I wonder?

Wow - this does look like it'll be a great new train.

Also looking forward to being able to buy the new PF train motor separately (88002) - it's more powerful than the old RC one (8866) and won't require a PF extension cable.

That said, does anyone know if there's likely to ever be a another Lego train powered by the XL motor (like Emerald Night)? Or perhaps even a couple of M motors (like some MOCs)? Did they only use the XL motor with Emerald Night because it needed to use the big wheels, I wonder?

the big wheels don't really matter as you could gear the motor down and have a slower train, which may not be a bad thing.

is there a TBA date for this? I can't imagine the price point of this.

Unconfirmed report. Set now at Copenhagen Lego store.

Can anyone local check it out?

Come on come on, I cant wait any longer I need this set badddddddd.O:)

Now we've got the pictures... can anyone point me in the direction of which North American train this is likely to be based upon? I have no idea for train codes or names (and am not a geek) but want to start planning a couple of B units if it fits.