Does anyone even want to guess how long the engine is? My guess is a 28 studs long base, with extensions of 2 studs on each end. But then again: it looks longer than the freight cars, which are 34 studs long (at least!). Mabye this is a new, longer train baseplate? And how much do you think the set's going to cost? My best bet would have to be $100 US dollars withouht PF elements. With those elements, I'd say $150 US dollars. I hope it won't be the same price (or more!) of the 2010 CITY Cargo Train. What do you guys think the price will be?

Murdoch, i think it is at least 32 studs long, seen to the fact that a container is already 16 studs.. The engine seems to be even longer than 2 containers...so it might even be longer than 32 studs..... :classic:

OH my! This is just... I don't know what to say... The entire set looks awesome, but a few minor things bug me

-It's an american style train (I just don't like them, but that's because I never see them here :tongue: )

-Is it possible to motorize this train with the new PF stuff (lights anyone?)

All in all it looks like a great set and a worthy follow up to the emerald night

Hij is wel gaaf, ook al is het een amerikaans model..en er zal vast wel een oplossing zijn om de PF-parts erin te krijgen, denk je niet?? :thumbup:

Murdoch, i think it is at least 32 studs long, seen to the fact that a container is already 16 studs.. The engine seems to be even longer than 2 containers...so it might even be longer than 32 studs..... :classic:

Hij is wel gaaf, ook al is het een amerikaans model..en er zal vast wel een oplossing zijn om de PF-parts erin te krijgen, denk je niet?? :thumbup:

Well about the latter, they discussed it already earlier in the topic. It seems behind that large plates there will be plenty of room for batteries and an IR receiver.

Now how am I going to integrate this :wub: into my city?

If I counted the studs correctly, as far as that's possible in a small photo, I'd say the engine is 36-38 studs long. So maybe they don't use regular train base plates, just some Technic plates where holes are needed? Can't imagine a new mold for this (unless there will be longer coaches in "normal" sets in the near future, that is).

And I fear it's gonna be considerably more expensive than Emerald Night – EN had one engine, one tender, and one passenger car, this one one engine, two container cars, a truck, and the Maersk name...

:wub: I want it, but sadly i must agree with the other EB members on the price factor: will be expensive. :cry_sad:

First the Unimog and now this, great year for the kind of thing i like. :sweet:

Nice looking set.

Nevertheless comparing it to 7939 Cargo Train : no track, no PFS(?), no crane.

How much for the Maersk License ?

I hope it will be less than 100€ (90€), and in the same price range as 10194.

I'm intrigued that some believe LEGO might acually have to pay for a Maersk license.... Their sales of an excellent set such as this would not I suspect be meaningfully impacted by the 'loss' of the Maersk branding and logo (although a few might lament the loss of the Maersk Blue pieces, but that's a separate issue). Maersk are however getting fantastic advertising from the use of their logo and branding on a product with global reach.

If anything, Maersk should be paying LEGO for the free advertising....

Dr. D.

If anything, Maersk should be paying LEGO for the free advertising....

That's almost what I Think, Maersk is not Disney (TS3), or LucasFilms (StarWars)...

Does anyone even want to guess how long the engine is? My guess is a 28 studs long base, with extensions of 2 studs on each end. But then again: it looks longer than the freight cars, which are 34 studs long (at least!). Mabye this is a new, longer train baseplate?

From looking at the picture I'm pretty sure it's 36 + buffers.

I think the engine looks pretty good but the container cars are very bland. The tractor makes up for that though.

I really hope this will not be a Maersk employee exclusive. I'm not really into American trains but this one does look good...

I couldn't possibly regret more, selling my Santa Fe and BNSF engines, TTX cars and Santa Fe cars. I miss those sets like CRAZY.

I love the heck out of this set and really hope I can get it.

Edited by BigDumbWookiee

BNSF from 10183 is 36 studs (+buffers) long and it look smal than thi new one from maersk .It will surely be a beast. Just look at the undercarriage between both bogies: it's noticeably longer then this one on Hobby train version.

p2260102.jpg

This has to be the best train set I have ever seen! Looks almost like the real thing and it comes with 3 containers, 1 container truck and 3 workers with blue hats.

Anyone noticed the white container looks like a reefer? Reefers are refrigerated containers used for transporting perishables. How are the containers built? Are they using those 2x1 bricks with groove at the side like those sand green 2x1 bricks in the Green Grocer?

Never mind it does not come with track, it looks good even without the track!

This has to be the best train set I have ever seen! Looks almost like the real thing and it comes with 3 containers, 1 container truck and 3 workers with blue hats.

Anyone noticed the white container looks like a reefer? Reefers are refrigerated containers used for transporting perishables. How are the containers built? Are they using those 2x1 bricks with groove at the side like those sand green 2x1 bricks in the Green Grocer?

Never mind it does not come with track, it looks good even without the track!

It's a reefer, you can also see the motor, and btw by the color (Maersk use grey for normal containers and white for the refrigerated ones).

Adding ugly plastic track would just lift the price. This train will in most cases end on 9v layouts. ;P

Oh man, we wanty BAD, I am definitely getting at least 2 of these!!!!

BTW did anyone notice if that is split base in light blay? If so, woooohoooooooo!!!!!

Oh yes I want one of those (or 2)

This is gonna change all the carefully laid out plans I had for what sets I was going to buy this year.

I love the look of this train. I've never gotten much into trains and only have one train in my collection (the Metroliner and its addon car), but this might just be too cool to pass up. :thumbup:

At a rough count of studs / tiles, the hood of the unit is ~36 studs long. That seems long. Then there are the steps + buffers. Anyone else tried counting studs?

New baseplate? Brick-built arrangement for attaching running gear (plates with holes)?

I think the engine looks pretty good but the container cars are very bland. The tractor makes up for that though.

Hi Duq,

IMHO, very well phrased! Split level base plates for the (otherwise nicely designed) containers ... hmm :hmpf_bad: ... a revival of the TTX style cars would have made some impression here :wub: .

Regards,

Thorsten