MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

Yes, definitely they are the yellow ones.

Also, in the 4th pic it can be seen, behind the front wells, some pneumatic tubing...

Is it for raising the cabin? :classic:

Also, in the 4th pic it can be seen, behind the front wells, some pneumatic tubing...

No, auxiliary pneumatic connection (when using the snow plough as the "B-model").

Edited by Aqualize

Maybe, but maybe the compressor is in there as you can see in the 2nd pic that the M-Motor's power output is pointed at the cab so the compressor is probably in there. This is just a guess so i might be wrong. :classic:

I am really liking this model, and I will definately be buying - it may knock the 8868 off its throne :laugh::thumbup:

Only quibble I do have is the tyres and no functional steering wheel (I can not see any axle coming from it). The tyres look way too road like, it should have all terrain type looking tyres (designed for road and off road).

This looks like a mustbuy to me, maybe even 2 sets :P

I especially like the tires, we have been lacking large roadlike tires for too long, these look very good for large truck MOCs and end the need to stretch the old powerpuller wheels or the even older large technic foamtires from the 80's.

If we need more off road tires just slam on some old powerpuller wheels or those from 8297, to me these new ones will be a dream come true.. And whoaaa at all those panels and functions.

I'd wish the snowplough could be bought separately to add to the original model.

Then we have both a crane, a back loading platform and a snow plough. I would be willing to sacrifice the winch for that. :cry_happy:

Anyone a clue about the part count?

And where are the other sets?

And I don't see any other new parts yet.

I can see a piece of bucket truck on one of the pictures, are there more pictures about the other 2011 2h technic models?

technic04.png

OK so is that black and yellow shocks?

The box images show black top ends but the model shows yellow base ends.. Is this the case in the image above? its not so clear..

technic03.png

Ok so I'm seeing 4 pneumatic switches... three at the rear and one next to the battery box (at the finger tip).. I'm thinking this mid switch is to select either front(plough) or rear(grab) pneumatic device.. with the three rear switches for the grab, and on the alt model switches at the front on the plough.. any thoughts?

Ok so I'm seeing 4 pneumatic switches... three at the rear and one next to the battery box (at the finger tip).. I'm thinking this mid switch is to select either front(plough) or rear(grab) pneumatic device.. with the three rear switches for the grab, and on the alt model switches at the front on the plough.. any thoughts?

In this pictures it's definitely a switch to the pneumatic air take off at the front of the unimog.

technic00.png

And the joint i marked - 4WD in the suspension?

And easy cupling of front (and rear??) epuipment with PTO and pneumatic.

I really like this model, and is my top favorite set so far. I'm really looking forward to get some of these in my hands!

Edited by martinnygaard

I think theres some weird lighing in those pictures, but to me that looks like Light Orange in color rather than Orange.....

Anyone know which it is?

Mike

This is definitely orange - you can see the color of the cabin matches the color of the battery box switch, and we know the switch is orange.

This is definitely orange - you can see the color of the cabin matches the color of the battery box switch, and we know the switch is orange.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out for me, I think theres some wired tinting in those pics, someone hasn't set thier White balance correctly! xD

Mike

Anyone knows how many parts the 8110 will contain ? At least approximately

My wild guess would be around 1600 parts... but ofcourse its only a guess. :tongue:

Too bad no one managed to take a look or shot underneath the Unimog, or at least to make a shot from the ground, to be able to see if it is 4x4...

I guess we have to be grateful for the pictures we have now.

Real Unimog has portal axles, so it would only be correct to include them also in the model.

I suspect that the axle on the side of the cabin roof, the one holding three orange pin joiners, is an axle 11. And I really really hope this is true :D

As for the rest, I don't have much to add expect what's already said by others. So I'll silently join the "must have" club :D

I suspect that the axle on the side of the cabin roof, the one holding three orange pin joiners, is an axle 11. And I really really hope this is true :D

They are 9L, there is a 3L pin with a crosshole on the other end.

Edited by Zblj

They are indeed 9L, otherwise they would have to be bent into place.

I'm still wondering why there appears to be two rear PTOs (plus the pneumatic PTO).

I have upheld my tradition of waiting until Christmas day to open the latest technic flagship every year I have had a technic flagship. Could this be the first year that I can't wait that long?

Edited by allanp

I'm still wondering why there appears to be two rear PTOs (plus the pneumatic PTO).

Why do you think there are two mechanical PTO's at the rear? Some clue in one of the pics I missed?

This piece of equipment will look great on one of the Lego shelves in my son's bedroom, beside my first Unimog from before the dark ages, #8848 from 1981!

The reason for the second PTO is the turntable. As can be seen from the picture that includes the switches, the turntable can be controlled separately by the yellow switch, the 'standard' PTO is controlled by the red switch.

Sadly, because the compressor is also controlled via the yellow switch, it isn't possible to work with the pneumatics in the crane and turn the crane at the same time :sceptic: