MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

My Unimog will arrive tomorrow and I'll probably have a video up later this week.

I have read almost every post in this thread but im not sure what the difference is between the unimog set with the smooth clutch gears and the set with the old clutch gears. Are the different gears the only difference?

I have read almost every post in this thread but im not sure what the difference is between the unimog set with the smooth clutch gears and the set with the old clutch gears. Are the different gears the only difference?

I think TLG basically consider the new clutch gear as an entirely compatible replacement part (since they never used the teeth on it), much as they did with the reinforced 16t gear. So they've probably just used up any old stock before moving on to the newer moulded pieces.

I don't own this set yet (christmas can't come soon enough!)

Pneumatics are very controllable, you just need to employ a tiny bit of skill using the controls which I actually prefere because it's more fun that just flicking a switch and then waiting forever for something to move really slowly with barely any power and it mimics the way you have to be skillful in real life :devil:

I agree,cant wait for christmas too,and if any of you have operated a piece of machinery you will know how 'lively' it can be.

I agree,cant wait for christmas too,and if any of you have operated a piece of machinery you will know how 'lively' it can be.

After 2 hours of building i have completed whole chassis :)

I was hoping for my unimog to arrive today but the fools at the webshop send me a totally different package for someone else with a lego ufo in it instead of the unimog.. I sent them an email right away and all i can do now is wait for them to solve this.....

I was hoping for my unimog to arrive today but the fools at the webshop send me a totally different package for someone else with a lego ufo in it instead of the unimog.. I sent them an email right away and all i can do now is wait for them to solve this.....

A lego UFO.....dude it's an Alien Mothership!!!

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7065-1

Some 6 year old kid is now building your Unimog default_laugh_new.gif

That must have been a huge disappointment default_cry4.gif

I hope they will solve this issue soon.

A lego UFO.....dude it's an Alien Mothership!!!

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7065-1

Some 6 year old kid is now building your Unimog default_laugh_new.gif

That must have been a huge disappointment default_cry4.gif

I hope they will solve this issue soon.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7052-1, Its this UFO. and indeed its a huge disappointment, my school starts again on monday and its unlikely it will arrive before monday now...

I hope they do something about it (they should), this 25 euro ufo is nowhere near what i spent on the unimog

Edited by M4X1994

Update, I got a reply back and they will pick up the wrong package and swap it for the right one tonight :) So I should be building the Unimog tomorrow :)

http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=7052-1, Its this UFO. and indeed its a huge disappointment, my school starts again on monday and its unlikely it will arrive before monday now...

I hope they do something about it (they should), this 25 euro ufo is nowhere near what i spent on the unimog

Not even the Mothership?!?! Hehe default_laugh_new.gif

Update, I got a reply back and they will pick up the wrong package and swap it for the right one tonight :) So I should be building the Unimog tomorrow :)

Great!!! Enjoy the build!! pirate_thumbup.gif

Edited by Gekke Ted

Fix that photo please!

Here yo go, its got the original wheels on it now though, but in black, found a better way than paying £20 for a set from bricklink too.

6053343701_ea20a66b92_o.jpg

I too built my Unimog last week. Truly a marvelous model, and larger than you could reasonably expect. It doesn't fit on my shelving units with all the other Technic models. I was so inspired that I decided I had to also model it in MLCAD. It is coming along slowly....

revolve.gif

Next step will be to buy another copy so I can add the snow plow at the time. As long as it doesn't fit on my shelf anyway, may as well be even bigger!

I agree with some other posters about the fact that the red doesn't look too good with the orange. I may eventually change my color as well, but that will be especially easy to do in the CAD file! I intend to do a couple of different renders showing what the model looks like with the various attachment options. I'd be interested in modelling some of the "aftermarket" attachments as well. The loader, for instance, looks perfect. Seems like we also need a snow blower (with auger) and a mowing arm.

dscn0926.jpgmowers.jpg5980212901_348915768d_z.jpg

I too built my Unimog last week. Truly a marvelous model, and larger than you could reasonably expect. It doesn't fit on my shelving units with all the other Technic models. I was so inspired that I decided I had to also model it in MLCAD. It is coming along slowly....

revolve.gif

Next step will be to buy another copy so I can add the snow plow at the time. As long as it doesn't fit on my shelf anyway, may as well be even bigger!

I agree with some other posters about the fact that the red doesn't look too good with the orange. I may eventually change my color as well, but that will be especially easy to do in the CAD file! I intend to do a couple of different renders showing what the model looks like with the various attachment options. I'd be interested in modelling some of the "aftermarket" attachments as well. The loader, for instance, looks perfect. Seems like we also need a snow blower (with auger) and a mowing arm.

dscn0926.jpgmowers.jpg5980212901_348915768d_z.jpg

If u look at the snowplough tread u will see I built my plough from 2 other models,also my plough is yellow which is what colour real ploughs are,I think the plough in grey looks bad.

On the Lego Technic Designers Blog, there is a nice article by Markus Kossman on the 60-year "Unimog History".

pic268322C2E7B661FC65538B96D1512386.png

My dad drove a unimog in the mid 70s when I was a wee nipper so 8110 was a must-have for me. That little article really takes me back. :sweet:

Edited by chorlton

I just read some article on the German magazin "Focus.de" and suddenly saw that advertisment.

focus_advertising.jpg

It refers to a official lego-page called legomen.de.

They obviously are now directly advertising the AFOL community.

And here are some really interessting informations and pictures available: 60th Birthday of Unimog.

Regards,

Gerhard

Edited by tripletschiee

Does anyone know, hoe I'll get one of the changed pumps? Lego is not answering my emails.

Regards,

Gerhard

It's probably better to call customer service instead of sending an email.

I have sent them a question via email some time ago and I haven't received an answer up until today default_thumbdown.gif

Edited by Gekke Ted

Does anyone know, hoe I'll get one of the changed pumps? Lego is not answering my emails.

Regards,

Gerhard

Whats wrong with ur pump?did they actually change the pump at all?mine works well.

The german text translate in English to:

And you thought women were complicated?

NICE! :laugh:

They couldn't get away with that here in the states. Women would be burning Lego left and right in protest. Th smell of molten ABS would linger for miles.

NICE! :laugh:

They couldn't get away with that here in the states. Women would be burning Lego left and right in protest. Th smell of molten ABS would linger for miles.

LOL, that sounds very plausible indeed...