BigDumbWookiee

LEGO Collectable Minifigures display cases

I think if I were getting these I'd just get them in yellow and perhaps red, for that "official LEGO Store / packaging" look. I'd also rather not use blue or especially black since they're darker, and would tend to make many of the details on some of the minifigures harder to see, being swallowed up in the shadows and all. My choice would be yellow cases with either red plates (to echo LEGO's usual color schemes) or white ones (for maximum reflected light bouncing around in the little compartments), but that's just me...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Are they going to be in the uk in time for Christmas?

They've been on Amazon UK for quite some time now, but only in yellow. I bought one last month, which came with white baseplates. I bought another one this month and it came with black baseplates. I don't know whether they've changed from white to black or whether it is pot luck which you get.

Checking them out in the shops at LEGOLAND Florida a couple days ago, I noticed theirs didn't include minifigures, whereas the ones I see at Toys 'R' Us do each come with one (an exceedingly plain one, with no printing anywhere but on the face). They must have different "packages" for different markets.

no idea, the cases i normally get come with nothing, by the way just picked up another black case last week, i found it on a shelf away from the Lego section hehe :devil:

Just to let anyone who maybe interested in buying one of these cases that you will have to play around with certain minifigs to get them to fit. For example, the Spartan Warrior from Series 2, Fisherman and Indian Chief from Series 3, Lawn Gnome from Series 4, and the Ice Fisherman from Series 5 all need to have their spear/fishing rod tilted on an angle. The inside area of each place for the minifig to fit is not as tall as the spears/fishing rods when stood up in a vertical position. It's a little annoying, but as these are the best cases I have seen for displaying your minifigs, it was an annoyance I settled for. But someone else might prefer to have the spears/fishing rods stand in a natural vertical position.

yep the plates aren't quite deep enough and sometimes not high enough, regardless a good option for displaying figs, was lucky to pick up another 2 large black cases yesterday at Big W for a total of 5 now :classic:

Anyone knows where can I pick up the 16 figure case cheap in UK?

And also those brick storage boxes...??

Is too expensive here in UK :cry_sad:

Checking them out in the shops at LEGOLAND Florida a couple days ago, I noticed theirs didn't include minifigures, whereas the ones I see at Toys 'R' Us do each come with one (an exceedingly plain one, with no printing anywhere but on the face). They must have different "packages" for different markets.

Oh, I meant to follow this up a while ago, but forgot until now. Perhaps a couple months ago I saw these again at TRU, and they actually had both packaging versions - ones with a single "generic" minifigure included, and ones without. The ones that come with minifigures cost a few dollars more than the ones without - not really worth it, but of course that was TRU pricing, and I don't know whether the price difference would be the same from some other vendor.

I wish these things were just a bit less expensive in general. I think I'd really like to get a bunch of them to use for the Minifigures minifigures (one case per series, naturally), but at over $20 apiece they're a little hard to bring myself to pay for at that rate (when I still have so many regular sets to catch up on!).

I looked at that site. Those look awesome. A bit of a shock looking at the price, but for having a specific LEGO related storage container that has room for name plates or up to 30ish figures is impressive. I may have to order some of those too. I like that you can hold Hulk in there. I wonder about the Cave troll/Goblin King. They are a little big bigger. And clearly the Rancor is too big for these..hmm. I wanted to make a custom one so I can accommodate all the weird sizes together, but that may end up being just right for the larger figures, but too large for all of the smaller figures. I really liked the line-up of the Avengers cast with name plates...

Thanks for sharing. I would never have seen those otherwise.

Girlfriend just bought me a black 16 fig case, which is now full of SW minifigs. These things are great!

Did you Order the kind I linked?

These licensed cases are becoming really difficult to get hold of for sensible money... I'll have to look at an alternative for the Movie CMFs and the upcoming Simpsons series.

Terrible picture, but this is my collection so far:

1f8489c45a9211e383f3120a91ac9a97_8.jpg

Fruitini - That looks awesome! Is that just a shadowbox that you glued rows into? Or what type of shelf is that? I like the sealed front.

rmushet - Those are hard to find. Impressive that you have so many. I've been looking for more too, but I don't want to pay the prices I've seen. I picked mine up for $10 at Wal-Mart a few years ago when they were on clearance. Haven't seen them again since.

I bought this display box for the purpose of showcasing my minifigures. I used my LEGO Superheroes as a platform for me to test whether if its nice through this approach. By using the CMFs baseplates, I am only able to show up to 28 minifigures in there. Not really a lot. The other good advantage is the ability of this display casing to remove the stacking platforms in order to make it flat. I will try many other methods before commit more of the similar purchases. So, I will like to ask what do you think? Is it worth getting it?

I know this will be much suitable for LEGO CMFs, which I am intending to house my CMFs in a nice display casing. :sweet:

14589928788_0dffcc81d7_b_d.jpg

Nice display, Whitefang... If you build the base out of LEGO, and alternate five rows... 6-7-6-7-6, you fit exactly 32, which is two full sets of cmfs, but I do the same for my super heroes collection, too. It's packed pretty well, but they all fit.

Yes, I purchased these display cars from The Container Store. I like them because they are economical ($9.99 each), they fit the CMF's prefectly, and the clear cover keeps the dust of the CMF's too. I had cut the gray base plates to the size of each tier (used doubled sided tape to adhere the base plate to each tier), so I am able to maximize the space with as many CMF's as I fit. Works great. The display cases stack as well!