Sign in to follow this  
Legoman

MOD: 7929 Battle of Naboo

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

EDIT: Re-MODed. Original Folder is gone, the MOD is completely 're-vamped'

Heya guys. Today I went out and got 4 Of the New battle of Naboo sets (they were a very good price :wink: )

I've built the set, and absolutely love it. But it's quite obvious that lego intended this set to be MODed. I mean, The set is a brilliant set, But was anyone seriously going to leave all those blasters the way they are? I sure wasn't. They just wanted to keep the carrier awesome while not including 16 droids, And I know I'm quite happy with the 8 I got... Per set. Thats why we buy multiples of such amazing sets! :wub:

Here's my modified set. Now holds 24 droids (plus 2 pilots) :wink: I'm quite happy with how it's looking:

mod1.jpg

mod9.jpg

Brickshelf folder with more pics

EDIT: Also now on Flickr :classic:

Please let me know what you think :classic:

Edited by Legoman
Indexed

Great job on the modification of the droid carrier Legoman! :thumbup: I knew someone will eventually mod this, your version certainly looks much better than the original one. Do you intend to improve it further to approximate the real platoon attack craft?

Nice mods, Legoman. While the two sections are still disproportionate, this looks much better. Besides, I doubt you're going to go out and buy 112 B1s to make it accurate. :tongue:

Nice mods, Legoman. While the two sections are still disproportionate, this looks much better. Besides, I doubt you're going to go out and buy 112 B1s to make it accurate. :tongue:

I would probably have at least 112 B1's, it's just the fact that I'd have to be designing a complete new Ship, and it would be very big. This is supposed to be a MOD to make it better, not a MOC to make it perfect :wink:

Thanks for the comments though

I would probably have at least 112 B1's, it's just the fact that I'd have to be designing a complete new Ship, and it would be very big. This is supposed to be a MOD to make it better, not a MOC to make it perfect :wink:

Thanks for the comments though

Oh yeah, I forgot about that massive collection you showed over in the Army Display topic. :tongue: Me, I'm stuck around 65 BDs, not counting Supers, Destroyers, and MagnaGuards.

Nice MOD, something tells me you won't be the only one modding this to add more droids. I would suggest to sacrifice a couple of droids for the sake of a gun rack, though.

I've just updated this with a new rack and with deployment ability :wink: Here's some pictures

mod9.jpg

mod3.jpg

mod5.jpg

Let me know what you think

Wow! Your new rack puts the official one to sleep and then some! I like how it looks when it's opened up; very detailed :thumbup:

I agree with BD, you need to mod this even more to fit 112 droids, but I see you're already at another MOC, so I'll be fine to wait :tongue:

All right, you beat me to it. :tongue: Not that I could've done anything without the set.

Nice job! It looks really good and compact.

Wow! Your new rack puts the official one to sleep and then some! I like how it looks when it's opened up; very detailed :thumbup:

I agree with BD, you need to mod this even more to fit 112 droids, but I see you're already at another MOC, so I'll be fine to wait :tongue:

The main problem there is that 112 droids take up a lot of room. They are on 4 racks, correct? That would be 28 each rack. That would make just the rack over 56 studs long *huh* Which would mean the whole thing would need total re-modeling rather than MODing. Could be fun to try though :grin:

Whats this other MOC you speak of? I'm not aware I'm doing any other projects? :alien:

All right, you beat me to it. :tongue: Not that I could've done anything without the set.

Nice job! It looks really good and compact.

Cheers :wink:

The main problem there is that 112 droids take up a lot of room. They are on 4 racks, correct? That would be 28 each rack. That would make just the rack over 56 studs long *huh* Which would mean the whole thing would need total re-modeling rather than MODing. Could be fun to try though :grin:

Whats this other MOC you speak of? I'm not aware I'm doing any other projects? :alien:

Cheers :wink:

I can't find a good pic for some reason, other than the Cross Sections book, which shows 8 racks. (pretty sure that's correct)

I can't find a good pic for some reason, other than the Cross Sections book, which shows 8 racks. (pretty sure that's correct)

8.. That might actully work - 28 studs long. I'll have a look at it when I get home from my holiday, As I leave in the morning, and will be away for 10 days :classic:

Very nice Legoman!

Excuse me for my naiveness but would this by any chance be able to fit into the MTT? Cause if it could that would be a great combination. However the front does now look quite small. Are you going to work on that by any chance?

I think the front is currently sized about right. I know you've probably got used to looking at the lego one so you get that image in your head. However, this pic shows the actual thing

pac.jpg

So I don't think it's too far off. If anything, The back needs to be wider and a tad longer. But if I do have a go at 112 droids, the front will need a bit of a redesign too :wink:

Haven't tried using this rack in an MTT yet, but now that you mention it, I look at that at a later date.

Very nice Legoman!

Excuse me for my naiveness but would this by any chance be able to fit into the MTT? Cause if it could that would be a great combination. However the front does now look quite small. Are you going to work on that by any chance?

Without a complete redo of the interior, if I remember correctly, the MTT will fit a rack up to 20 studs long. You can probably fit a rack up to 24 long into the general space, but then the MTT's rack deployment system won't have space to fully extend the rack. Using the rail design this set has, that long of a rack would probably fit.

I think the bit with the droids is absolutely stunning, probably no room for improvement there. I would say to extend the bottom part, if possible. On the actual thing, there are 5 of those rounded parts sticking out on each side (whereas in TLG's version there are 3). Maybe it would be possible to add those in, I think it would give the extra length needed. :classic:

A very good MOD :classic: , it seems better than the actual they sell.

Just a thing is there a way the weapons of the droids to be incorporated to the MOD.

Is really impressive to see a ship of those, full of droids discharge all of them, but perhaps with their weapons it would be better.

Well done Legoman :thumbup:

I like your droid rack and the use of the droid arm as a lowering mechanism. Also the rack where the droids hang looks awesome. Is it the rack stable with the lenght it has? I'm gonna give this set a MOD too, just builded it original. The technic arm I'll be using definitly wont be as long as yours and the rack wont be as original, as I already put it similar in my MTT.

Great job! :cry_happy:

Haven't tried using this rack in an MTT yet, but now that you mention it, I look at that at a later date.

I would love to see your MOD. You wont have room for a rack this size inside the MTT. :wink:

A very good MOD :classic: , it seems better than the actual they sell.

Just a thing is there a way the weapons of the droids to be incorporated to the MOD.

Is really impressive to see a ship of those, full of droids discharge all of them, but perhaps with their weapons it would be better.

Of course it's better, otherwise he wouldn't bother to mod it. :tongue:

He could have the droids hold the guns, which I know from experience is possible with some careful alignment, but that would still be inaccurate and probably ruin the look.