Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

FINAL FANTASY LEGO: Crystal Hearts

INDEX:

Part One: The Truth Hides in a Trail of Deception

Part Two: Diamond to Dust, Love to Ashes

The Characters

Title.jpg

To bid farewell to this year and lead us into a new one, I am proud to present you with my new comic series: FINAL FANTASY LEGO: Crystal Hearts. Much thought and effort has gone into this series that combines my two biggest fandoms, so I hope you all enjoy what I've created.

For a special treat that should enhance your reading experience, I've also included some carefully selected musical tracks linked from YouTube for you to listen while you read the comic. So click the play-button, scroll down to read the comic, and please leave any comments you might have afterwards. Thank you!

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Page3.jpg

Page4.jpg

Page5.jpg

Page6.jpg

Page7.jpg

Page8.jpg

Page9.jpg

So far for a good start. Please tell me Jacq is a red mage, because that's awesome. :P

I also picked up the subtle references of FF such as the Highwind surname for Aled, who I am assuming is dragoon, and Cloud 9 pub obviously playing off the 7th Heaven bar from FFVII. :P

Keep it up. Gives me something interesting to read on this forum. :D

-Omi

Please tell me Jacq is a red mage, because that's awesome. :P

He is. In fact, all the main characters are slotted into one of the archetypal Final Fantasy job classes. Cinder is a black mage, Aled is a dragoon, etc.

Glad you liked it! :grin:

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games, but I enjoyed reading this comic.

Good layout, very clear pictures and I also liked the mix with a videogame in the beginning of the story :thumbup:

He is. In fact, all the main characters are slotted into one of the archetypal Final Fantasy job classes. Cinder is a black mage, Aled is a dragoon, etc.

That's what I like. You can tell who they are without making it obvious.

Also I take it Bree is the white mage, if she is the same woman at on the right of Cinder at the top banner? :D

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Glad to see you're back to making comics, Sandy. This one's better than ever, with really great MOCs and photo effects. I don't know anything about Final Fantasy, but the story is interesting so far. Is it your own or one of the games?

A little critique, one that that I wasn't so fond of in this comic was the RPG turn-based action. I know it fits in with the theme, but even when I like RPGs, I hate turn-based action. Is the enemy just going to wait for you to attack? default_tong.gif Anyways, that's just my opinion, it's good that you tried something new.

By the way, what is the torso on the red mage from? I don't remember seeing it before.

Keep up the good work. default_thumbup.gif

I don't know anything about Final Fantasy, but the story is interesting so far. Is it your own or one of the games?

The story, the world and all the characters are my own creations, naturally. :wink: They're just heavily influenced by the FF-series (each game in the series includes its own world and story, if you didn't know).

By the way, what is the torso on the red mage from? I don't remember seeing it before.

It's from one of the Imperial Armada soldiers from the old Pirates line. Just switched the hands to fleshies.

Also I take it Bree is the white mage, if she is the same woman at on the right of Cinder at the top banner? :D

Yep, that's Brisigne, and yes, she's a white mage. There's also going to be a monk and a thief among others introduced in future chapters.

I opened a topic for the characters to the Minifigs Customization forum. There's some pretty cool artwork I've made along with a bit of information for each character included, so check it out. :wink:

Quite nice, is that Bellatrix's dress on the Black Mage? Also, do you plan on putting any villains from the series in? I'd really like seeing Sephiroth or Kefka in minifigure form.

Quite nice, is that Bellatrix's dress on the Black Mage? Also, do you plan on putting any villains from the series in? I'd really like seeing Sephiroth or Kefka in minifigure form.

Yes, that's Bellatrix's dress. I immediately fell in love with it upon first sight. :wub:

I've thought about cameo appearances of real FF-characters, but we'll just have to see about that... :wink: I prefer to use my own characters, but that doesn't exclude a familiar face appearing in a minor role.

Great Comic and Great Creations Sandy.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Now onto the second part of the comic. I've added an index to the first post of this topic to keep everybody in track.

Part2Page1.jpg

Part2Page2.jpg

Part2Page3.jpg

Part2Page4.jpg

Part2Page5.jpg

Part2Page6.jpg

Part2Page7.jpg

Part2Page8.jpg

Part2Page9.jpg

Part2Page10.jpg

I was waiting for Earl to introduce himself as Cid. :P

I know, but that name is reserved for a more major character. :wink:

Clever Shiva BTW. :)

Thanks! So glad they released an Aayla Secura figure last year. :grin:

Again, great comic, Sandy. The MOCs and editing were even better this time around. Nice music choice, too.

I do wonder, though, where'd you get the trans-pink 4L bar, and the light blue halberd? I've never seen those parts in those colors.

where'd you get the trans-pink 4L bar, and the light blue halberd? I've never seen those parts in those colors.

Belville and Harry Potter sets respectively.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

To my embarrassment, when I started reading this, I read it manga style :blush: . However, once I read it the right way, the story flowed nicely, and I love all the homages to Final Fantasy. Great work Sandy!

I do wonder, though, where'd you get the trans-pink 4L bar, and the light blue halberd? I've never seen those parts in those colors.

Omicron is right. The light blue halberd is from the Harry Potter set "Rescue from the Merfolk", but as for the trans-pink bar, I think I got it with a strange customized Princess Leia minifig I ordered from Ebay. The fig came with a pink lightsaber and a custom-made white cape, but other pieces were official. But I'm sure the piece is originally from a Belville set.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! :wub: I know this comic is quite colorful, so I hope you guys tip me off if it becomes too busy or unreadable in any way.

To my embarrassment, when I started reading this, I read it manga style :blush: . However, once I read it the right way, the story flowed nicely, and I love all the homages to Final Fantasy. Great work Sandy!

I can imagine it makes no sense when read from right to left. :laugh: Glad you enjoyed it!

Okay, so I absolutely LOVE the concept of this. A LEGO comic based on the Final Fantasy universe is fantastic. I especially like the use of the Gungan whatever-they-ares as Chocobos. Very clever. The design of Le Gospel is very detailed and evokes a medieval yet slightly Steampunk vibe much like the Final Fantasy world. I also thought I detected a bit of a nod to White Knight Chronicles (I think) when the price was killed and Cinder was fighting in her flashback. Was I correct?

Anyway, a really nice follow-up to Part I. I went back and read that as well and really like it. I can't wait to see more of these from you.

-Davey

Thanks, Davey. :grin:

I also thought I detected a bit of a nod to White Knight Chronicles (I think) when the price was killed and Cinder was fighting in her flashback. Was I correct?

Actually, no. I know of the game, but haven't played it. And the prince wasn't killed, but the Emperor.

Cool! Your creations are excellent and the editing is nice! I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Love this! I'm a huge final fantasy fan, and this is a fabulously shot comic from that world. Really like the creations you've built in order to tell the story, the scenery is really reminiscent of the games. I also really like the skeleton army and the reference to Shiva and Diamond Dust. I'll have to read the earlier editions, but a cool MOC would be Bahamut with his multi-coloured wings. Maybe he'll turn up later?