Blackknight112

Review: 7914 Mandalorian battlepack

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Set: 7914

ages: 6-12

pieces: 68

price: I paid €15,00 (11.00 USD)

figs: 4

NOTE: This is my first review and I'm sorry if the pictures are blurry sometimes.

This is one of the new 2011 star wars sets. This set comes with 4 mandalorians.

5270704973_a3f159758b.jpg

the box is nothing special, just a regular battlepack box

5270706351_03b562c305.jpg

the back shows a nice battle between the mandalorians, and the new clone battlepack

5271314898_ef523b9748.jpg

In the box came the instruction manual and to little bags

5270709083_daba2ebfee.jpg

The manual is fold really bad

5270710563_4b0788e8f4.jpg

The part list

5271319496_749a788eb9.jpg

I think the grey piece is new, but I am not sure, ofcourse there are the new blaster pistols, and there is a nice clear brick, which I really like.

5270713605_6f0bb94ccd.jpg

The comperison of the blasters, as you can see is the new pistol really nice, but I think it suits the mandos not good. It is a really good gun for han solo.

5271322340_07542aa425.jpg

5271323690_bf55d4cc5a.jpg

As you can see there are 4 identical madalorians, the have a really conewarsisch face which I really dont like. They come with jetpacks, and you can use arc gear on there helmet.

5271325026_9415f0e03a.jpg

A photo of his face and torso

5271326614_05527c5075.jpg

The brick built gun is really nice. It is a simple and effective design, and I think they are usefull in any army.

5271328046_3c342fdc0f.jpg

The speeder is really nice. It is a simple built, but it is usefull as a speeder, even a civilian speeder. I think the technick piece i the front is seposed to be a little machine gun

5271330278_9fdc71373b.jpg

The cammando gun thing ( I dont know the name) is nice, it remends me of the ep3 clone battle pack, which had a simalr commando center in it. The gun is a bit to big though. The gun can rotate 360.

5270725503_a70b7884b1.jpg

A mando with his uber big gun :tongue:

5271335854_72f429fea0.jpg

The spare parts: there is nothing special here.

5271338384_24310ddd7a.jpg

As you can see, lego give us more guns then needed, because 1 mando is on the speeder, 1 mando is on the commandcenter, and 1 mando has the brick built gun, so there are 4 weapens left for 1 mando. Its really nice lego included more weapons.

5271340804_d5cbc08c33.jpg

my final thoughts:

built: 4/10 I think the built is really simple

pieces: 7/10 You get a couple of nice pieces

figs; 9/10 The could have include some variation in the figs, but for the same mandos is really good forr army building.

Price: 8/10 for 4 mandos and some nice pieces, I think it is really worth the price

Overal: 7/10 Its a good army builder set, but nothing really special.

This is my fist review, so comments are more then welcome.

Click the link in my sign for a youtube review of this set ( it will be uploaded soon)

This set is awesome *oh2*. I can see this flying off the shelves. I only dont like the Clone Wars style of the characters. The faces are aweful :sick:, Although they could easily be changed.

Thanks, CB

Nice review Blackknight112. I really like this set. The new pistols are great and I can really use some of these helmets.

Nice review!

Those faces looks like they've been drugged or something...

I'll have to change those.

Edited by dr jones

Thanks for sharing this review Blackknight! This just reaffirms my decision to cancel my order and temporarily pass on this set. I see no use for four identical Death Watch Mandos, and those new CW faces are really creeping me out the more I stare at them. Better save the money to buy something better.

Thanks for the review. This is a great little set which I will be getting many off. I think that many people will be buying this to build a Jango. :thumbup:

Thanks for this first review. This set looks okay to me. It's got what's needed out of a BP, and it's certainly not the worst of its kind, but I'd probably never need so much blue and those Mandos are just plain ugly. The helmet sits so high that they're gonna get shot in the neck, the breastplate is so skinny that they'll get shot in the sides, and their faces are so ugly I couldn't really care less. Anyways, other than the scoped pistols, there's nothing spectacular for me here, and since I already have an original Jango, there's no reason I can't skip this one and grab the pistols from another set.

This set is okay in my mind. I know we all wanted a Mando battle pack, but without sacrificing the actual vehicles. I might pick this up, although the Clone BP is more appealing IMO.

As for the review, the pics could be a bit bigger, and you need better lighting :classic:

Review is pretty good.

I like this set much more than before.

I really like most of CW faces, so this set is OK to me.

I must buy this set.

I don't really care about their faces since I'd either be keeping their helmets on or using their equipment elsewhere.

These guys kick the crud out of the Jango fig I have, anyway.

Thanks for the nice review. I really like the set and will definitely get one. Your spelling needs work, and some of your pics are a bit yellow, but otherwise good job. Also:

The speeder is really nice. It is a simple built, but it is usefull as a speeder, even a civilian speeder. I think the technick piece i the front is seposed to be a little machine gun

It IS a civillian speeder. It just happens to have the same color scheme as the Death Watch armor. And the Technic piece is a headlight, not a machine gun. :laugh:

Thanks for the good review. I'll probably buy this just because it has four Mandalorians and four nice new blasters. The speeder and turret don't interest me and they don't even look that good for spare parts. But, it's a cheap set so no complaints.

Parents may want to put Mando heads on the mantelpiece to keep their kids away form the fire :laugh: .

Thanks for the review, this is a great set! And that new face is unique, I was worried it was going to be black. :wacko:

Believe me, you dont want those faces, there to ugly

Thanks for the review, this is a great set! And that new face is unique, I was worried it was going to be black. :wacko:

I would have loved it if it were black. Then they could use good ol' helmets with cut outs.

Thanks for the review.

Yeah I miss the cut-out helmets and black heads but I guess from now on it will mainly be printed visors.

Those heads are quite creepy and we get four of them!

I'm glad they all come with jet packs and this set really is all about army building.

Nice review!

The mandos I like the look of, but the faces are pretty hideous. The vehicle is nice and its cool that it can double as a civilian speeder, but the turret looks average in my opinion. They really could've added a bit more detail on it. I do like the brick built gun just because its something we dont see often and its nice to have a break from the specialized moulds.

The helmet is high just because of it's design. Fett had the same problem, and you didn't complain about that. And the head is merely fit for Visla- the only unhelmeted Mando-'s head. Beside, he makes a perfect Palpy head.

Edited by The Legonater

The helmet is high just because of it's deging. Fett had the same problem, and you didn't complain about that. And the head is merely fit for Visla- the only unhelmeted Mando-'s head. Beside, he makes a perfect Palpy head.

I didn't complain about it, but that's mostly 'cause I couldn't see it from the angles I saw. I don't think I really read reviews on that set, for that matter.

Anyways, that's the reason I don't own a single new Mando- classic Boba, classic Jango, and a pair of concept Bobas satisfies me.

Thank you for the review! This is much better than a single speeder coughclonetrooperbattlepackcough

Anyways I like the head, it's unique and detailed.

Thanks for the review Blackknight112!

Im really disapointed in the face printing on these guys, Im thinking I'll just replace them with the rebel faces from this past years BP.

The mando gear and speeder and turret are all lovely, can't wait to get my hands on them!

CF