DLuders

iipsa's John Deere 8270R Tractor with ILS

logo_green.giftractor8R_landingpage_540755_614x200.jpg

On his Brickshelf gallery, iipsa posted 11 BIG pictures of his John Deere 8270R With ILS:

"This evolution step for Deere 8270R features final stardadisation process in order to fit all my models to Case IH quadtrac which can be seen on my personal galleries (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=365319 ).

Model is based on real machine with

- front tires - 34" group 43 - could be 420/85R34, 480/70R34 or 540/65R34

- rear tires - 42" group 47 - could be 520/85R42, 620/70R42 or 650/65R42

Model features:

- 6 cylinder inline engine

- transmission with 16 forward and 4 reverse speeds

- all wheel drive with central differential

- front Independent link suspension

- front engine hood opening

- front PTO

- front preparation for linkage or weights

- front steering

- rear linkage

- rear drawbar

- rear PTO

- rear wheel weights

- rear hitch with ball end

Real Tractor: http://www.deere.co.uk/en_GB/products/agriculture/tractors/8r/index.html

Any comments, ideas, etc you can eMail to iipsaATinetDOThr ."

1_2_1.jpg

Looks great! I love green mocs.

Are those rear tires a Lego product? I could be wrong, but they don't appear to be the power puller tires. I need some tires that size for my current project. :thumbup:

Looks great! I love green mocs.

Are those rear tires a Lego product? I could be wrong, but they don't appear to be the power puller tires. I need some tires that size for my current project. :thumbup:

It looks like the tires were stretched by using discs or some other parts of larger diameter than the regular wheels. I'd be interested to know how this was done.

I'm also not sure all those parts actually came in green. We may have some painted parts here. In fact, the front wheels look a lot like those from the 8462 Tow Truck, except those are silver.

That aside, this is an incredible MOC. It looks so realistic that I was about to complain that there only photographs of the real tractor attached and no LEGO, but then I looked closer! Very good work.

Awesome MOC!! It looks amazing it is incredibly realistic! Its nice that there are pictures to compare the real thing with the Lego version.

I'm stunned by the number of green parts that there are in this MOC.. I didn't even know that there were this many green parts.. but like Blakbird said there is the possibility that they may be painted..

From what I see I'm questioning the plausibility of having a "transmission with 16 forward and 4 reverse speeds" unless its a typo.. I don't even think that's possible even without legos but even if it were possible with legos, I highly doubt it would fit in the given space!

About the tires.. The front ones are definitely lego and are probably the ones from the 8297 Offroader. If you zoom in you can see the typical Lego markings, including size/ dimensions, on the rim of the rubber. The back ones besides looking like they are of a different material I can almost guarantee are not from a lego set but I could most certainly be wrong. And it would be awesome to have tires of that size!!

Anyways.. Awesome creation! The look is perfect and seems to be completely functional too!

From what I see I'm questioning the plausibility of having a "transmission with 16 forward and 4 reverse speeds" unless its a typo.. I don't even think that's possible even without legos but even if it were possible with legos, I highly doubt it would fit in the given space!

About the tires.. The front ones are definitely lego and are probably the ones from the 8297 Offroader. If you zoom in you can see the typical Lego markings, including size/ dimensions, on the rim of the rubber. The back ones besides looking like they are of a different material I can almost guarantee are not from a lego set but I could most certainly be wrong. And it would be awesome to have tires of that size!!

The transmission is possible. I see a lot of driving rings in there, so he may have done it. Not much use in a LEGO, but if he is trying to match the real tractor then I can understand (and respect) it.

The back tires are definitely LEGO. Older tires were that material. They have been "squeezed" to be narrower and with a larger diameter somehow.

There were very few green Technic models, but if you look closely there aren't that many types of green parts used. If he had to limit himself to a small parts palette, then this is an even more incredible creation.

Hi everyone

first of all I did not realize that my version of Deere 8R would cause so much interest. Question of rear wheels will be answered now:

Rear wheels are made of following parts (per one wheel of course):

- 2 x http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=47676&colorID=3&in=A to squezze Power puller tire.

- Power puller tire is filled with

- 94,8 tire (fits perfectly inside of power puller tire) and put over

- wheel futuristic 14 x 70 (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32057)

All this parts are on

- axle 10 threaded (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3737b) and

- axle nuts (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4698)

Why threaded, because I use a pair of axle nuts per wheel in order to make tire 115,5 mm in diameter. (for rear tire group 47 as copied)

One axle nut is a gray part which you can see on inner side of rear axle, but other is covered with yellow Wheel 62.4 x 20S (which acts like wheel weight)

So you see rear tire is made of 100% LEGO parts (only modified for this model).

Front wheels are futuristic painted in yellow (since there are only metallic silver and white ones). I use them because I want to make front wheel track as narrow as possible. ideal front track will be 17 studs ,but I do not want to cut axles or universal joints.

In order to do something like this you need to be patient and have strong fingers or use tools like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliers

Brickshelf folder will be public sun.

After several years I've decided to make some kind of standard for my models based on quadtrac tractor driving wheels which are 36" in diameter. Only thing that could represent it is turntable with 54 mm diameter.

...so Group 40 tire (1355mm) could be represented with 81.6 x 38R Tire

Group 42 tire (1460mm) could be represented with 81.6 x 38R Tire on wheel futuristic - stretched to 88 mm diameter

Group 43 tire (1602mm) could be represented with 94.8 x 44R Tire,

Group 46 tire (1840mm) could be represented with power puller tire

Group 47 tire (1955mm) was explained above...

I hope that I was no to much for today.

If you have questions I'll try to answer them, but please eMail me on address posted on brickshelf.

Kind Regards

Igor Ipsa

The transmission is possible. I see a lot of driving rings in there, so he may have done it. Not much use in a LEGO, but if he is trying to match the real tractor then I can understand (and respect) it.

The back tires are definitely LEGO. Older tires were that material. They have been "squeezed" to be narrower and with a larger diameter somehow.

There were very few green Technic models, but if you look closely there aren't that many types of green parts used. If he had to limit himself to a small parts palette, then this is an even more incredible creation.

Transmission is real - actually two transmission give total of 16 forward and 4 reverse speeds. Those two transmission are one with only 4 forward speeds and one with 4 forward and one reverse

Only front wheels and dish 6 x 6 inverted on front wheels are painted. All green parts are in original color - but very limited palette of parts - I agree with that fact.

Regards

Igor

Hi Igor, great to see that your model is noticed. Since we have contact for about 2 years now, I know a lt about you and about your creations.

As you know I love it a lot, keep up the good work...

Hi Igor, great to see that your model is noticed. Since we have contact for about 2 years now, I know a lt about you and about your creations.

As you know I love it a lot, keep up the good work...

It is always nice to here a compliment. But In near future I have some surprises. Just wait and you'll see (something that I've planned to make year and a half ago)

Thanks Ingmar

Thanks Igor!  What a great way to build the rear wheels.  I may have to borrow your idea for a couple of future builds.  Thanks!

Just go ahead and enjoy. I have just one announcement; Since I've noticed on posted image that there is one mistake on linkage control (area around black gear 12 tooth double bevel is 1 stud to high), I'll have to correct this problem ant upload new images. So expect some changes and re-publishing folder in near future - probably this week

Enjoy

Igor

Great tractor Igor. Many functions, great design and on top of it IT IS GREEN I miss this colour so much in Technic.

Great tractor Igor. Many functions, great design and on top of it IT IS GREEN I miss this colour so much in Technic.

Me too. Other things that I miss are asymmetrical wheels like futuristic wheel or 81,6 x 34ZR in various colors like red or yellow (they could be integrated in Atlantis or similar set - not necessary technic set), more variations of wheels like 88 x 40R balloon to fit technic wheel racing small, tire 121 x 50R Balloon to fit wheel 81.6 x 34 ZR or some new wheel...Only LEGO knows (my assumption) what colors are possible. My guess is that there is a big change in way of adding color to parts. I do not see other reasor for change into light or dark bluish gray color...

Igor

@ martinnygaard: On his Brickshelf gallery, gor ipsa/ iipsa has a few pictures of the final model, with this description of the rear wheel construction:

"John Deere 8270R with ILS

Model is based on real machine with

- front tires - 30" group 43 - 600/70R30 (Real tire od 1603mm, LEGO Tire overall diameter on container container Storage X-pod is 94.8mm)

- rear tires - 38" group 47 - 710/70R38 (Real tire od 1930mm, LEGO Tire overall diameter is 114.1mm)

Any comments, ideas, etc you can eMail to iipsaATinetDOThr ."

He also discussed his rear tire construction a bit on this Eurobricks topic.

Note that dhc6twinotter used a similar design for the rear wheel on his Lego PF JCB 3CX Backhoe:

picture13.jpgpicture28.jpg

Hi everyone,

It is a peasant surprise that you're still follow my ideas. To help you with tire solutions, you can follow this link and browse a little bit.

Under brickshelf member iipsa search for folder tires

I saw that you are interested to make tires as big as possible - so there is a idea to use 2 of those

under catalogITem on bricklink search for part number 4750

and this gear

under catalogITem on bricklink search for part number 3649

between them

within powerpuller tire to achieve overall diameter of 124mm

the reason that make this things complicate is that I've lost a account data for previous, so I use new one...

Good luck

Igor

@ I_Igor/ iipsa: Thanks for pointing out your 710-70R38 Agriculture tire folder on Brickshelf (with its 3 HUGE pictures)! :classic:

"[Real world] Tire overall diameter - 1930mm

Tire overall width - 710mm

Wheel overall diameter - 1080mm

LEGO solution:

Tire overall diameter - 114.0mm

Tire overall width - 53mm

Wheel overall diameter - 64mm

In order to achieve 114mm overall diameter from Power Puller tire, you have to put one 94,8 X 44R Balloon tire inside it.

Important thing is that you put container block 9 x 9 x 1 at both sides of tire between Power Puller [wheel] and 94,8 X 44R Balloon tire, and then press them using dish 8 x 8, axle 10 threaded and axle nuts.

Parts List:

1 x http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=32298

1 x http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=54120

2 x http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=47675

2 x http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3961

For any comments [or] questions please contact me at iipsa@inet.hr ."

Edited by DLuders

Igor, your JD is really awesome. It really looks like a real thing. As an owner of real JD tractor, I think I have a quite good reference. My JD is smaller though, it is 6620 from -06.

Great job! :thumbup:

Igor, your JD is really awesome. It really looks like a real thing. As an owner of real JD tractor, I think I have a quite good reference. My JD is smaller though, it is 6620 from -06.

Great job! :thumbup:

HI,

for several years I try to make 4 cylinder, something like 6430, but there are no green parts to make proper front axle. Other things like transmission, engine, hood,cab... are no problem.

Regards

Igor

Hi there. Im new here on this forum, so I will present myself in a new topic later...

My question is: What is ILS?

Where I come from it stands for Instrument Landing System. Not sure how that would work in a Deere though.....default_blush.gif

In this case, the John Deere ILS is the "Independent-Link Suspension" -- "The John Deere Independent-Link Suspension (ILSâ„¢) utilizes industry-leading technology to supply unsurpassed gains to end-user productivity. This innovative design incorporates proven suspension design with mechanical front-wheel drive (MFWD) axle components that use state-of-the-art technology specifically for heavy equipment usage."

r4d008868_8r_ilsstudio_275.jpg