Cecilie

Winter Village: Santa's Post office

Here's my entry for the winter village contest: Santa's post office. To help out with collecting wishlists from the kids and distributing all the gifts, Santa is getting help from the local post office.

5273201273_210cffda1c_z.jpg

5273809280_d10db7796c_z.jpg

5273811220_b8994fc81b_z.jpg

5253947821_3b56ce7078_z.jpg

5273203931_dc3453bfbc_z.jpg

More images in my flickr stream.

Edit: Changed the design of the roof.

Edited by Cecilie

Great entry! It is very highly detailed, particularly the interior. The minifigs used go well with the scene. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Such a beautiful building cecilie, the details you've put into this is amazing.

But one question, how can santa be riding his sleigh and reading letters at the same time default_laugh2.gif.

how can santa be riding his sleigh and reading letters at the same time default_laugh2.gif.

Well, clearly he arrived in his sleigh, and then went upstairs in time for those indoor shots :wink:

Great MOC, Cecilie! It's overall a good build, but my favourite part is undoubtedly Santa's ride :)

The sleigh is great, the sack is wonderfully thought out... and I love the use of the bucket for Rudolph's snout. Brilliant!

Great work Cecilie! :thumbup:

Tan is a nice choice for colour for the house and I really like the garland and the nice kicksled (sparkstötting :classic: ).

Good luck in the contest!

Great! I like both the sleighs, and great decorations. The interior is simple, but very nice too :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, I'm glad you like it :sweet:

and I love the use of the bucket for Rudolph's snout. Brilliant!

Thanks. Sometimes, crazy ideas make good designs :wink:

the nice kicksled (sparkstötting :classic: ).

That one was particularly difficult, but once I had decided I wanted to make one, I wasn't ready to give up! :laugh:

This is such a lovely entry Cecilie! default_wubnew.gif I really like the christmas wreath draped over the snowy roof. Santas' sleigh and brick-built Rudolph is very well-done too. Great job and best of luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

And yet another entry that perfectly captures the holiday atmosphere. The building is really nice and I like all the decorations you put up. I'm surprised noone actually build Santa's sled yet. Excellent work, although I think it's a little bulky.

How sweet...!! :cry_happy: Assure me that you will put it in your livingroom during the next 3 weeks !!!!

Greetz LegoSjaak

This is such a lovely entry Cecilie! default_wubnew.gif I really like the christmas wreath draped over the snowy roof. Santas' sleigh and brick-built Rudolph is very well-done too. Great job and best of luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

And yet another entry that perfectly captures the holiday atmosphere. The building is really nice and I like all the decorations you put up. I'm surprised noone actually build Santa's sled yet. Excellent work, although I think it's a little bulky.

Thanks :grin: I tried making the sled smaller, but it just didn't look right, so I went with the bulkier version.

How sweet...!! :cry_happy: Assure me that you will put it in your livingroom during the next 3 weeks !!!!

It will be part of my winter/christmas layout that I'm working on, and will stay in my living room for more than 3 weeks :wink:.

Well done. I love it, and now we see...Whips are good to use for sleighs! :thumbup:

First, the raindeer.....AWESOME and the interior of the post office is perfect for Christmas time - total madness ! :grin:

Excellent sleigh too.....good luck 'Cecilie' and keep on playing in the snow ! :sweet:

There are some excellent techniques at work here, but the most obvious issue to me is the roof. To fit with the rest of the theme, which is the point of the contest, you need to use the same angled plate construction as the rest of the sets. Otherwise its not going to blend with the other winter buildings.

Well done. I love it, and now we see...Whips are good to use for sleighs! :thumbup:

Indeed they are! :grin:

First, the raindeer.....AWESOME and the interior of the post office is perfect for Christmas time - total madness ! :grin:

Excellent sleigh too.....good luck 'Cecilie' and keep on playing in the snow ! :sweet:

Thanks :sweet:, and I'll play in the snow when it stops beeing so bloody cold here, and we get a little more than the thin layer of snow that we have now :tongue:

There are some excellent techniques at work here, but the most obvious issue to me is the roof. To fit with the rest of the theme, which is the point of the contest, you need to use the same angled plate construction as the rest of the sets. Otherwise its not going to blend with the other winter buildings.

I knew someone was going to mention my roof :laugh:. Yes, I'm not quite happy with the roof (I really need to practice making roofs...), but I actually chose to use slopes instead of plates to try and differentiate my building somewhat from the official sets. Guess it wasn't a huge success :wink:. Don't think I'll have time to do any thing about it before the contest ends though :cry_sad:.

Well done! I really love your post office Cecilie. This could very well be a LEGO official set! SUPER! :thumbup:

I knew someone was going to mention my roof :laugh:. Yes, I'm not quite happy with the roof (I really need to practice making roofs...), but I actually chose to use slopes instead of plates to try and differentiate my building somewhat from the official sets. Guess it wasn't a huge success :wink:. Don't think I'll have time to do any thing about it before the contest ends though :cry_sad:.

Its fine to differentiate your building but that's not really the point of the contest and could hurt your chances to win with what is otherwise an excellent MOC (and one of my favs btw). If I were you I'd make the time to revise the roof. Its not like its a complex technique ya know.

Yet another masterpiece from you Cecilie! As always your mocs are really detailed and the reindeer and santa's sledge looks absolutely stunning!

I enjoy all your mocs and please keep them coming!

Well done! I really love your post office Cecilie. This could very well be a LEGO official set! SUPER! :thumbup:

Its fine to differentiate your building but that's not really the point of the contest and could hurt your chances to win with what is otherwise an excellent MOC (and one of my favs btw). If I were you I'd make the time to revise the roof. Its not like its a complex technique ya know.

I appreciate your honesty, and yes, I know it's not a complex technique, but it takes time to make such a change, and make it look good. But I'll see what I can do if I find the time in the busy days leading up to christmas...

What a wonderful house. Apart from all the great details already mentioned by others, I really like the stove.

Thanks :sweet:. The stove was quite difficult to get right, glad you like it.

Yet another masterpiece from you Cecilie! As always your mocs are really detailed and the reindeer and santa's sledge looks absolutely stunning!

I enjoy all your mocs and please keep them coming!

:blush: