Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 poll

Collectable Minifigure Series 4  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 4?

• Frankenstein
    • Geisha / Kimono Lady
    • Soccer Player
    • Artist / Painter
    • Garden Gnome
    • Ice Hockey Player
    • Mad Professor / Scientist
    • Female Ice Skater
    • Punk Rocker
    • Naval Sailor
    • Musketeer
    • Skater Boy
    • Viking Warrior
    • Werewolf
    • Surfer Girl
    • Bio-Hazard Personnel
  2. 2. Which current Collectable Minifigure Series do you like best or do you just love them all?

3. 3. What is the most important attribute that must be considered in a good Collectable Minifigures Series?

• Variety and design of new unexplored themes
    • Availability of new parts such as torsos, hairpiece, accessories, etc
    • Integration of minifigures into past and current LEGO themes
    • Gender balance
    • Others (Pls specify them in your comments)
  4. 4. Do you think Series 4 is an improvement from all previous 3 series?

I voted for the Musketeer, although this series has a lot of really good figures in it. In fact, there isn't one that I wouldn't want to have, unlike series 3.

I'm going to have to say the Musketeer is my favorite, because he'll fit in well with some of the mismatched old figures I have.

I still think Series 2 was the best, if not only because of the Spartan, but there were other 'figs I liked in that wave, too.

On that note, I don't think Series 4 is an improvement, although it's certainly on par with its predescessors.

Finally, I think that collectible minifigs should introduce new parts, mosly because as an MOCer and not a true collector, I'm always looking for new and interesting parts.

And we start the madness...

I love the hockey player. This is by far the best series yet :thumbup:

And we start the madness...

I love the hockey player. This is by far the best series yet :thumbup:

Amen, and amen. This series has arguably raised the minifig to a new level of artistic achievement (no pun intended regarding the artist fig).

I picked the Musketeer, although I wish he would've come with a cape (easily modded, though). The artist would be a close second.

Series 2 is still the best for me because of variety, but they always look better in your hands so that might change once I get S4. The only reason I didn't pick all series was because S3 was somewhat lackluster, and I only liked about a third of the bunch.

Variety and exploring new themes was most important to me, for obvious reasons. I love all of the new ideas the Collectible Minifigures has brought, and are definitely one of TLG's best creations.

Yes, I do think that S4 is an improvement over previous series. Like member Blueandwhite said in the S4 thread, all of the figures in this series have a good amount of thought put into them, while some minifigures (diver, alien, etc.) just seemed like they were thrown in to round out the rest.

And as a bonus question, out of all 64 CMs created so far, my favorite is the mime from S2. It's changed from the vampire for best from S2, but that was before I held the mime in my hand. So much charm. I think the artist might have a similar effect, too.

The bio-hazard is pretty cool, but I had to go with the Frankenstein to hang out with all my Zombies.

Ahhh...having the 'artist' fig. just warms the heart... :wub: Love the brush and palette. Nice details of some paint spattered on his clothing.

The Gnome is meh/weak for me but I guess if you armored him up, he can compliment and add to the Dwarf Castle sets.

...me love the Geisha

...the Viking (maybe they'll bring back this series...love it)

...the Mad Scientist

...HazMat Suit Guy (is he a duel sided face?)

...the Muskateer (Brickarms has a nice chrome foil to substitue for this one)

...the Punk Rocker (love the Mohawk and kind of a GunsNRoses t-shirt he's got, plus the flying V guitar...is this the first Lego official guitar?)

...and of course Frankenstein (wish they found a way to put some bolts on his head piece and keep the stitching instead of the band-aides).

Although I love Universal Monsters, the Wolfman looks like a 'dog boy' and the Hockey Player doesn't look like a Hockey player. Helmet and shoulder pads look too much like a Football (American) Player. Hockey stick is off too.

I'm really diggin' this series over Series 3...but it's great to have all these new figs. from all the series for Moc's! LOVE IT! Lego keep 'em coming!

Edited by LegoDad42

I'm surprised to see how popular the hazmat guy is, considering how limited his use is. :look:

I'm surprised to see how popular the hazmat guy is, considering how limited his use is. :look:

I agrees. I have been monitoring the progress of the poll and it appears all of the minifigures so far have scored at least one favourite vote unlike any other past polls for the previous series. For now, it appears there are many hot favourites among Eurobricks Community.

What do you mean limited? It's the first collectible fig I can use a bunch of. General SciFi, Post Apocalypse, space, nuclear accidents, etc. etc. etc..

But the main reason he's so popular is probably because of Half-Life fans (I'm not one): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Freeman

Edit: Also, compared to the cheerleader (which got the highest ranking in the Series 1 poll) the fallout-boy is a lot more useful.

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

I chose the punk rocker, simply because of his cool mohawk(in pink :wub: ) and that lovely elictric guitar piece. At last we have one! :cry_happy:

Lord Embo

You just don't stop to think how much your space mini-figs needed a safety suit until you learn that the suit is going to be available.

And it goes well also with all the monsters we've had so far in the collectible minifigs series as well. Imagine a couple of these running away from zombies or aliens or mimes, it just has endless possibilities.

Edited by vexorian

I think Hazmat guy is going to be really useful, and will probably be the first figure I go for multiples of in the whole 4 series so far. I think its that new helmet and the size of the visor, and the fact that the whole face is visible - huge customisation possibilities there. Or it could just be the orange (I'd have liked him to be yellow actually!)

Edited by mookage

Lego has raised the bar, we'll have to wait to find out about quality, but these all look great. Not a single fig I wouldn't want a ton of. I especially like that we have all 3 trophy colors now. :thumbup: Great Job lego!

Bio-hazard guy? I think I bio-hazard guy would be cool in a future series. There isn't one in series 4 though. :wink:

This is a bio-hazard warning symbol:

Biohazard.png

This is a radiation warning symbol:

radiation-symbol.gif

How the heck did this get three pages with no one catching this? :wacko:

While I love the musketeer and radiation clean up guy the sailor has to be my army navy builder of choice.

Wow, these are spectacular!! :cry_happy:

So many new pieces, accessories, and head ware! :wub:

I can't choose between the Musketeer or the viking, but the punk rocker looks great aswell... :wub:

This is definitely the best series yet!

CF

I voted:

- Soccer player

- Series 2

- Availability of new parts such as torsos, hairpiece, accessories, etc

- Yes

Great polls WhiteFang! :thumbup:

~buddy~

I voted that the artist is my favorite collectible minifigure this series. He just has so much character! I spent quite a while trying to get a good read on him, and couldn't shake the feeling that he was looking back, trying to get a good read on me... :oh:

I like all the series so far, and don't really have a favorite.

There are several attributes I consider to decide if I like a series of collectible minifigures. Are the minifigs' roles diverse? Are the ideas exciting? Do the pieces fit with LEGO bricks and minifigs in terms of design? Do the minifig designs pay homage to LEGO themes past and present? Do they stand independent of existing themes? So far, every series has past this test with flying colors.

I love series 4, but I anticipate that like series 2, there will be figs I'm not interested in seeking out, no matter how impressive their design. Same goes for Series 3-- still haven't found any of those, but I'm going to be keeping my eye out for them when I leave school for winter break!

I guess I am late to this thread. So here are my answers!

The Painter has to be my favorite, with Musketeer, Hazmat, and Punk Rocker in close second, third, and fourth.

I still think that Series 2 is the best series. So many great pieces!

New Pieces are the most important for me.

Series 4 was definetly an improvement from all the series. :classic:

I can't wait for rthese to hit stores! I just might buy a case this time...

Series 4 is the best! I chose the punk rocker as best fig, and New pieces as my fav feature, and thought series 2 was the best up to now.

Seriously, series 4 is only a bit short of awesome. We already had a surfer and a skateboarder, but these new renditions are welcome. And we have a musketeer with a nice headpiece (and not that stupid castle/pirate head that has been around far too long), painter, geisha, Frankenstein, Hockey player and Lionel Messi! It's really hard to find something I don't like; they really saved the best for last.

And Radioactivity by Kraftwerk is a great song (in the original studio version).

The hockey player is my favourite but I like all of the figures for series 4 so it should come as no surprise that I find series 4 to be the best of the bunch. After series 3 was revealed I was getting really worried that LEGO had lost their touch. Almost none of the figures from series 3 appealed to me in any way. Series 4 on the other hand is a series where I don't think I would be disappointed opening any figure simply because the whole batch is that good. This is what all of the series' should have looked like. While the Spartan is still my favourite figure, this series is easily the most balanced one yet. No figure feels like filler here. If LEGO keeps this up, the barcode/dot issue will be a thing of the past.

My Top 3 Minifigures of the 4th Series:

Garden Gnome - I love the beard and the torso, but i would prefer a lantern instead of the fishing rod.

Viking Warrior - Nice shield, axe, helmet and torso.

I hope the beard of the series 3 Fisherman or the Garden Gnome will fit with the helmet.

Musketeer - Awesome minifigure with a lot of cool parts.