Superkalle

Troubleshooting guide - LDD startup and advanced graphics problems

I dont know where this is supposed to go since im new...but I have a few questions about LDD.

I have LDD 4.3 and I pretty sure thats the newest one, right? And also, when ever I try to download a LDD file, it says: Cannot Load LDD Assets. What is wrong??

No need to ask a mod; just ask your questions, and one of the several helpful people around here will try to help you out.

So, here are the initial trouble-shooting questions that come to my mind...

What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 8, Max OSX, etc.)

Do you have LDD already installed? (It sounds like you do, and yes, 4.3.6 is the most current version right now.)

Can you start a new model successfully?

What are the exact steps that you are taking that lead to the error message?

Hi keeganp1234, welcome to the digital section.

The digital section has a Section Index where you can find many useful informations.

Here is the "Troubleshooting" part of the index, where you can find the main topics about problems as your one.

The "LDD startup and advanced graphics problems" topic is the one for you. Read it and try the solutions proposed there.

I'll move this request in that topic, later.

PS: the last version of LDD is 4.3.6, the previous one is 4.3.5.

I have LDD 4.3 and I pretty sure thats the newest one, right? And also, when ever I try to download a LDD file, it says: Cannot Load LDD Assets. What is wrong??

Was LDD already open when downloading the LXF or LXFML file? When I try to open multiple instances of LDD, I get a similar (but localized) message: I guess some important files get locked by the first instance so that a second instance won't load properly. Do you get this message even if no other instance of LDD is running?

No need to ask a mod; just ask your questions, and one of the several helpful people around here will try to help you out.

So, here are the initial trouble-shooting questions that come to my mind...

What operating system are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 8, Max OSX, etc.)

Do you have LDD already installed? (It sounds like you do, and yes, 4.3.6 is the most current version right now.)

Can you start a new model successfully?

What are the exact steps that you are taking that lead to the error message?

I am using Windows 8, and, where is the link for LDD 4.3.6?

In LDD, you can either go to Help > About, or hit the F3 key. The about screen shows 4.3 up at the top, and it shows the complete version number down just below the blue brick, in much smaller text.

Whenever I click on the "LDD Extended" tab or the "Mindstorms" tab, LDD just plain out closes. No errors, no nothing. Help?

Check the LDD manual here

I've already read that, it says nothing to fix my problem. Compatibility mode didn't help, and neither did messing with the shaders.

Whenever I click on the "LDD Extended" tab or the "Mindstorms" tab, LDD just plain out closes. No errors, no nothing. Help?

Sometimes it does that for me if I click ANYTHING in the LDD window before the thumbnails of my recent models have all loaded. Does it make any difference if you wait for all the thumbnails to load before clicking anything?

Sometimes it does that for me if I click ANYTHING in the LDD window before the thumbnails of my recent models have all loaded. Does it make any difference if you wait for all the thumbnails to load before clicking anything?

No, it doesn't.

Recently I've tried LDD on some machines with an Intel Graphic processor (not the last ones, anyway, but the previous Intel HD) on Window systems.

It seems that enabling advanced graphics and bricks outlines almost all bricks become transparent. Few bricks that are not transparent assumes an amorphous bunch of pixels shape.

It seems a driver related problem.

Has anyone found a way to work around the problem?

Has someone an Intel HD Graphics and no problems?

Edited by Calabar

Perhaps this is the right place to ask, as a previous post and replies could not solve my problems. I was building something in LDD recently and the file crashed. After I turned on my Laptop again a bit later and wanted to continue building, the file was empty! While opening it again I saw a message saying "Parsing of the file was aborted due to an error in the file." Importing the file doesn't help either. If anyone can help me fix this or tell me what's going on, thank you so much! Here's a link to the file: https://www.dropbox....ilding.lxf?dl=0. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated as I spent so long on this project! Although I do still have a few images of parts of the project on my phone, it will be too hard to re-build again. Thank you for everyone's attention!

P.S., I tried running two different zip repair tools, and the image file was successfully rescued by both tools, but not the lxflm file. The image file was way too small to view anyway, so there's nothing else I can do. I also tried to search for *.lxf and/or *.bak files on my hard drive but no luck.

I can't open it either. Did you by any chance save when it crashed? If it crashed while saving, the file is probably toast. :sceptic:

I can't open it either. Did you by any chance save when it crashed? If it crashed while saving, the file is probably toast. :sceptic:

At last I have time to reply. The screen froze after I hit "Save", then I lost the file, so you were right, the programme crashed while saving. I tried several methods hoping to rescue the file, such as running two different zip repair tools, searching for "Previous Versions" of the file using this function in Windows and searching for backup files on my Laptop. None of this worked. If no one else can provide any solutions, I will officially can the project and move on to other things. Thank you for everyone's attention!