Sign in to follow this  
Angeli

Ched Nasad

indexed.gif

Ched Nasad is a dark elves city ("Drow"), located in the Underdark.

thumbaa2.jpgthumbaa3.jpg

thumbaa1.jpgthumbaa4.jpg

The underground river is emerging somewhere from the rock, going trough the castle, and in beautiful waterfalls falls trough the cascade of the city, going deeper in the ground. Uncommonly for the Underdark, which is covered with fluorescent fungi, this city has a tree on a square on one level, probably maintained trough magic.

thumbaa37.jpgthumbaa38.jpgthumbaa39.jpgthumbc7.jpg

thumbaa40.jpgthumbaa41.jpg

Thus, city is known trough flow of water, and numerous waterfalls. Also, a big Church of Lloth is noticeable at the end of the city, as various stylish bridges between towers and buildings. Notice sacrifital pit at the top.

thumbc1.jpgthumbaa14.jpgthumbaa15.jpg

thumbaa49.jpgthumbaa46.jpgthumbaa47.jpg

This beautiful, elegant Drow city is highlight of Drow craftsmanship, imbued with magic and lingering silver spider webs. Politics and constant wars are main recognizable traits of the city, which does not bear scars from battles against beholders, fiends, dwarfs and other Drow, because it is often rebuild, every time made even taller and more magic.

thumbaa7.jpgthumbaa42.jpg

thumbaa8.jpgthumbaa35.jpg

thumbaa9.jpgthumbaa10.jpgthumbkg2.jpg

Guard tower, securing entrance to the east part of town, where the church is. Shot from below, and on top.

thumbaa11.jpgthumbaa13.jpgthumbkg1.jpg

City is home to many Drow, but also to the even number of slaves, from almost all species known to world.

thumbkz1.jpgthumbkz2.jpgthumbkz3.jpg

thumbkz4.jpgthumbkz5.jpgthumbkz6.jpg

It is raided by Paladins girl-only attack at the moment. Paladins party (Sword sisters) is quite resolved in purging this tall city, but this will prove to be more than a challenge, because we can spot Drittz among defenders, updated from the Ust Natha fight. Also, amongst Drow defending the city is Viconia (remember her from Baldur's Gate? :) ). Anyway, at the moment she still worships spider goddess Lloth, and she will come to love night goddess Shar later on (maybe in next MOC? :) ).

thumbk5.jpgthumbc4.jpg

thumbc3.jpg

And, of course, there is Bodhi in the city, a vampire, sister of the Irenicus. She is searching for the help of the matron mother, and she will get it. She is surrounded with her vampire and undead companions, which are guarding her.

thumbk3.jpgthumbk1.jpgthumbk2.jpg

Entrance tower is equipped with magic imbued pillar, used as a beacon, as a testimonial of the Ched Nasads Drow great power.

thumbaa20.jpg

thumbaa21.jpgthumbaa22.jpgthumbkg3.jpg

thumbaa23.jpgthumbaa24.jpgthumbaa25.jpg

Fast links:

Main castle photographs

"Main"

Construction photographs

"construction"

Minifigures photographs

"Minifigs"

And on a totally different note, images are SO much better when viewed large :)

----

Trough the city, we can notice lava fountain, snake pit, hunter's house, five large bridges and two ground ones, sacred tree, fire pit and the slums.

thumbaa17.jpgthumbaa18.jpgthumbaa19.jpg

thumbaa29.jpgthumbaa30.jpg

thumbaa33.jpgthumbk4.jpg

Here you can see some other Drow cities from me:

Ust Natha

Chaulssin

Eryndlyn

Maerimydra

Is this MOC different from the first two that you posted here? Or are they related? Anyway, your creations are truly unique and never fails to amaze me. The sheer size and grandeur of this massive castle is a testament of you creativity and all the efforts and resources that you've put into this MOC. Fantastic work as always Angeli! :thumbup:

I'm truly amazed by this creation. The color scheme is particularly surprising. You wouldn't think that much red would look as good as it does. It's a testament to your design and building skill.

AWESOME creation you have there 'Angeli' :grin: - great figures and the build.....very gothic....very dark and evil.....excellent work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Wonderfoul! Naming one beautiful thing of this MOC would do no justice to all the other great aspects of it.

So I keep it with that, it's a masterpiece :thumbup: Good job!

Well that's something you don't see everyday. :thumbup: Such a vast building effort. The red and black are such striking colours, it really burns the eyes and takes a little while to get used to. The details themselves are many and varied and you have done a great job in bringing the storyline to life. Well done.

Is this MOC different from the first two that you posted here? Or are they related? Anyway, your creations are truly unique and never fails to amaze me. The sheer size and grandeur of this massive castle is a testament of you creativity and all the efforts and resources that you've put into this MOC. Fantastic work as always Angeli! :thumbup:

It is always a pleasure to read your comments; they inspire me to build again :) Thank you

Goodness me! This is incredible. Some of the best large-scale MOCing I've seen.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thnx! it is very flattering to hear something like that :)

Um, wow, this is massively impressive.

Stunning really.

Thank you :) I will make some more pictures, showing the fight with paladin girls and Drow, and I will freemanipulate my girl to help, and take a picture of her near the towers, when in scale it is easier to see how tall it really is :)

This is really awesome! :thumbup: Are you going to build Menzoberranzan as well?

Thank you :) I am leaving Menzoberranzan for later, it is a big city, and I need more tables :))))))))))

I'm truly amazed by this creation. The color scheme is particularly surprising. You wouldn't think that much red would look as good as it does. It's a testament to your design and building skill.

Thank you! The red color is not something planed - that is the dominant color, more than 80% of my bricks are red (and black:) I had one opportunity to buy a lot of bricks, the seller had all the colors, but the red was the cheapest, so I took it...

I litterary use ALL of my bricks in my MOC, all I am left are tires and glas cocpits (whicn I use for fondation or windows sometimes:)

Great and scary! And the minifigs too. Are you going to use this MOC to run some D&D adventure? :tongue:

This is a good idea! Thank you :) anyway, I found Baldur's gate 1 and 2 to be the best game I've ever played, and I can find only a hand full of MOC about it (actually, I've only seen minifigs twice, and no buildings). That is why these Drow cities are so fantasy oriented

AWESOME creation you have there 'Angeli' :grin: - great figures and the build.....very gothic....very dark and evil.....excellent work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thank you! It's not so evil, red is a color of love :) :) :)

Very nice, needs more spiders :)

Tnx :) And you are right, I have a hand full of spiders, but they are going to be put in place along minifigs :) and will be visible in second batch of photographs

Maybe this will be interesting:

5039610673_3e72e1ff33_m.jpg

It is a spider that Katie (eilonwy77) made for Ched Nasad (bigger version), also, ther is a smaller version tha you can find here:

5027791686_06d86bf889_m.jpg

Well that's something you don't see everyday. :thumbup: Such a vast building effort. The red and black are such striking colours, it really burns the eyes and takes a little while to get used to. The details themselves are many and varied and you have done a great job in bringing the storyline to life. Well done.

Thank you, it was a pain in the neck to take pictures of all that red - how ever I try, details became merged together and nothing can be seen. So I had to improvise, and at the end of a day, to call a friend photograph to help. There is a second batch of photographs on the way, presenting details, stairways, slums, fire pits and other details that I did not captured in a first try

And I must say, of all the details, this is my favorite:

thumbaa46.jpg

---

Thank you friend for those warm comments, they make me feel so welcome on Eurobricks :) and inspire to build more

little update: all the links are now active :) You can follow the links by clicking the pictures :)

There is not much to say that hasn't been said yet! :classic: this is a great MOC!! I really love combination of red-black-trans neon green! it works really well for fantasy creations! I'm impressed by this MOC architecture.. This is the best fantasy castle that I've seen in a long time! :thumbup:

looking forward to see new updates!

Not to flood with another thread: these are my entries for Realistic and Fantasy Castle Figure; they will all be part of a big display with this castle anyway ;)

Jeanne d`Arc (Saint Joan of Arc or The Maid of Orléans)

thumb-jeanne.jpgthumb-jeanne1.jpg

Marko Kraljevic

thumb-marko.jpg

Marko Mrnjavčević was Serbian king from 1371 to 1395. In Serbian epic literature, he was known as Kraljevic Marko, hero known by his wits, bad temper, honor and justice, mustaches and grudge against Turkish invaders. As every hero, he was protector of the weak and helpless.

Also, he loved to fight with "topuz", similar to morning star (a mace), and rode on a horse named Sarac.

It is famous how he ploughed the roads and then punished Turkish soldiers that step on it "More Turci ne gaz'te oranje"

Also (and that is on the picture), he used to share his drinks with his horse Sarac (like old pals:) "drinking half, other half giving to Sarac"; "pola pije, pola Sarcu daje"

I remember that my mother used to say about me, when I was just a kid, and she gave me milk to drink, and I spilled a lot of it drinking: "Half you drink, half goes to the Sarac" :)

and two more last minute enteries for Fantasy Castle Figure:

Vargouille:

thum-vargouille.jpg

Baatezu:

thumb-baatezu.jpgthumb-baatezu2.jpg

Baatezu are the lawful evil fiendish natives of the Nine Hells of Baator. This particular one is summoned to defend Drow city Ched Nasad from girl-paladin invaders. We can see its familiar qauzit Wingnut (small one with deer horns).

Its head-shaped shield is somehow strange to us, but it is common fashion for the demons of the Underdark.

It also does not like being asked a question, because it never lies, being lawful evil creature.

Wow, those are impressive custom minifigs Angeli! I really like Baatezu, he looks like a real Underdark demon with his large dragon wings and elongated devil horns. The other customs are very well done too! Great job on these! :thumbup:

Wow, those are impressive custom minifigs Angeli! I really like Baatezu, he looks like a real Underdark demon with his large dragon wings and elongated devil horns. The other customs are very well done too! Great job on these! :thumbup:

Thank you, I've spend hours trying to attach those dragon wings to batman wings and then everything to minifig :)

Anyhow, I d try to make custom minifigs totally playable (the parts are holding tight), as well as I do not like modifying Lego bricks (neither cutting nor painting), so everything can be dissembled and used again later, and, if you wish, you can play with them (for example, that big Bellville crown has a pin that goes perfectly in whole for plume:)

And here's something else ;)

thumb-dark.jpgthumb-wingn.jpg

the tail is new hair from brickforge

(from Ched Nasad's minifigs)

edit:

there will be a whole bunch of new images with minifigs, I did not have time to poste them online, but this will change now, I hope :)

until then, here's litle "there there, don't cry, little one" scene ;)

there-2.jpgth-there-3.jpg

Edited by Angeli