Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery -Confirmation and Discussion

Howdy folks, I'm Alan Simmons your friendly farmer, local provider of healthy fruit and veggies! As I always said, an apple a day keeps the commies away. So here you go, I've brought a basket of apples from my orchard, dig in!

Lo and behold, the female roles are once again nurses and housewives. I know you had history to take into consideration, but seriously, women can do more than heal wounds and tend homes, you know? Even in the 50's. :tongue:

Lo and behold, the female roles are once again nurses and housewives. I know you had history to take into consideration, but seriously, women can do more than heal wounds and tend homes, you know? Even in the 50's. :tongue:

That's right, we can bake pie :tongue:

Good people of Alabatha, this is Ian Bradford speaking. As your mayor, I would like to encourage all of us to work together to rid our fair town of the communist filth that hide in the shadows.

You could come work on the docks. I can use all the help I can get. I'll even let you use the crane. :wink:

I could use another person in my secretarial pool. :grin:

Simon Lloyd reporting in. I am your local Doctor and I can cure most ailments.

Well Howdy there folks! Names Patrick Jefferson, you migh jus remeber me as the Senator of the mighty fine state 'O Delaware. Now I'm a lawyer, an' I'm preparing to back you as my clients. Dolly, honey, you think you'd be preparing to pass a bit 'O that Apple Pie my way?

Thanks for letting me play Bob!. And I hope the accents okay :blush:

And I hope the accents okay :blush:

Should someone tell the Profesor that Delaware is nowhere near Texas? I have no idea what a Delaware accent sounds like, but I'd imagine it's fairly mild.

Gloria Jefferson here! I am sorry to be late, my studies have taken up most of my time! Capitalism doesnt study itself you know.

Hey sis- don't worry about, we're all late sometimes.

Oh, this is Stevie Jefferson. Ihaven't seen this much action since... well... you know.

But why is Dad playing accents???

Should someone tell the Profesor that Delaware is nowhere near Texas? I have no idea what a Delaware accent sounds like, but I'd imagine it's fairly mild.

Sorry, I don't know where American accents start and end. I guess I'll have to talk normally from now on. :blush:

Don't worry. I doubt these will be the only women roles, as there will be more people introduced as the game progresses.

I was thinking Operator and Maid could be the other professions, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, where are the prostitutes and cocktail waitresses? Geez, this town is boring ... :laugh:

Yeah, where are the prostitutes and cocktail waitresses? Geez, this town is boring ... :laugh:

Prostitutes? Not in my town, not on my watch. If you want that sort of debauchery, go on up to Wilmington, I'm sure you can find that sort of...diversion...there. Alabatha is a town built on morals, and I intend to keep it that way.

Next thing you know you'll be suggesting husbands should sleep in the same bed as their wives. Sheesh. :hmpf:

I'm not Bob, but players for games such as this are chosen randomly out of a hat.

It doesn't seem like it. It just looks like her chose the best players with the most experience. :sceptic:

It doesn't seem like it. It just looks like her chose the best players with the most experience. :sceptic:

I ignored your first post, since someone else answered it and I asked people not to complain that they weren't picked initially, but I feel with you posting again it deserves a proper answer.

I did pick the experienced players, but I also picked a bit of the inexperienced players. This isn't a mafia game, where it requires little skill other than to vote someone out. This is a mystery game, where one will need excellent skill and knowledge, and a background of mafia games. You need intuition, the ability to question. This is why most people signed on have either been in a mafia game, a mystery game, or both.

Second of all, you said yourself that you weren't even in any type of game, mafia or mystery. You also didn't explain what you knew about the Cold War, which brings me to my next point;

The second or third line of the first post in this topic says and I semi-quote "Don't fret if you weren't picked initially, you'll most likely get in later on as I introduce more players to the game." I'm giving you the opportunity to watch how the others play, and to research on the Cold War, and to read past mafia/mystery games. By not throwing you into the game headfirst without a helmet, I'm allowing you to research and prepare for your role.

Relax, please. There is a method to my madness, so don't worry. There are more roles coming in. What chapters they arrive I'm not sure yet, but I do know they will be coming.

Edited by Bob the Construction Man

By not throwing you into the game headfirst without a helmet, I'm allowing you to research and prepare for your role.

Thanks for the helmet! Well, I guess it's a hard hat really. Wouldn't want to hurt my noggin. Then who would unload all of these boats?

Thanks for the helmet! Well, I guess it's a hard hat really. Wouldn't want to hurt my noggin. Then who would unload all of these boats?

Not me, I've got stuff to study, work to do, friends to sit around and do nothing with.

So, it's the 22nd, and I count 17 people reporting in...

So, it's the 22nd, and I count 17 people reporting in...

Did you, eh, count yourself? :tongue:

I count 18.

Oh, well I just have Zepher's vote-counting abilities.

Sign in to follow this