legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

There should be a EB contest for CMF packet feeling. Whoever can identify the most figures in a certain time frame wins, negative points for incorrect guesses. We could set up webcams and stream it live. Just imagine a wall of video feeds of blurry hands and the sound of crinkling foil/plastic material and muffled comments like "what the...". The prize would be a complete set of collectible Megabloks Halo figures. :thumbup:

There should be a EB contest for CMF packet feeling. Whoever can identify the most figures in a certain time frame wins, negative points for incorrect guesses. We could set up webcams and stream it live. Just imagine a wall of video feeds of blurry hands and the sound of crinkling foil/plastic material and muffled comments like "what the...". The prize would be a complete set of collectible Megabloks Halo figures. :thumbup:

Little late for April Fool's. :laugh:

Sounds like the spark of an idea for conventions, trade shows and Expos! :thumbup:

If they want to make it really challenging, they should do it for not just identifying but also assembling the minifigures in the bags. Anyone who can put together a Hula Girl (including the grass skirt) without opening the package ought to win something truly fantastic.

:tongue:

If they want to make it really challenging, they should do it for not just identifying but also assembling the minifigures in the bags. Anyone who can put together a Hula Girl (including the grass skirt) without opening the package ought to win something truly fantastic.

:tongue:

There's no way on Earth that I'd manage to do that! I struggle to put it on when it's out the bag, never mind with the plastic pack around it.

Anyway, is the Ice Skater's skirt supposed to go on the same way as the Hula Dancer's?

There's no way on Earth that I'd manage to do that! I struggle to put it on when it's out the bag, never mind with the plastic pack around it.

Anyway, is the Ice Skater's skirt supposed to go on the same way as the Hula Dancer's?

Yes, according to the instructions. There's really no other way of making a minifig skirt from a flat piece of cloth without any stitching.

Oh, I know; that's why I suggested it as the big challenge (one I don't expect anyone to be able to pull off) :wink: I have a hard time with it, too - enough that it surprised me, considering these are meant for kids ages 5 and up. Then again, having smaller fingers probably makes it easier...

I have a question for this series, is there some type of little dots on the back of the package like series 3 or do you just have to feel? Thanks :)

I have a question for this series, is there some type of little dots on the back of the package like series 3 or do you just have to feel? Thanks :)

Yeah it has dots just like series 3. This issue has been discussed extensively in this thread, by the way. You can find tips on bag feeling, images of dot patterns and what they map to, and so on, right in this thread.

Yeah it has dots just like series 3. This issue has been discussed extensively in this thread, by the way. You can find tips on bag feeling, images of dot patterns and what they map to, and so on, right in this thread.

Sorry didn't know, thanks by the way

I finally opened my box of Series 4 and I was surprised, only 2 complete sets, and up to 7 of one fig.

I finally opened my box of Series 4 and I was surprised, only 2 complete sets, and up to 7 of one fig.

Exactly 7 of which fig, and was there 3 of each fig but the scientist?

Just went through my box of series 4. And also only 2 scientists unfortunately :sad: .

But no more than 5 of the other minifigs.

Of course I had to get more scientists and also wanted an extra musketeer. The shop I first went through had two boxes open that looked at almost full. But when I went through them I could find my scientist, but not the musketeer. Someone must have been there before me. Luckily at another store I could find one.

I tried using the dots at first using the dots I saw on my own packages and those published. But that didn't work out well. It seems that there are too many different batches that each have there own codes. But the feel method did work remarkably well.

That would be so awesome if they were seven musketeers! :laugh: More likely seven hazmat guys as I've felt more of them in my hunt for the musketeers.

AC

I find it interesting how many people see the sailor's face as winking--even the official LEGO photos help this idea out by having him put the telescope up to the "winking" eye. To me, it looks like he's squinting through one eye so that he can see out of the telescope; thus, the telescope should go to his other eye, leaving his squinting/winking eye visible.

I find it interesting how many people see the sailor's face as winking--even the official LEGO photos help this idea out by having him put the telescope up to the "winking" eye. To me, it looks like he's squinting through one eye so that he can see out of the telescope; thus, the telescope should go to his other eye, leaving his squinting/winking eye visible.

Yup.

I laugh at that every time I see a pic of the sailor. Rather silly mistake.

I agree. If you have ever looked out a telescope, you'd know that you have to close or squint one eye and look out the other eye. Otherwise, the scene looks blurry (Like a 3d movie without wearing any glasses).

My fingers are tired!I felt my way through 2 full boxes of series 4 mini`s this morning and found only 3 vikings and 1 lawn gnome,I`m not sure why he has a fishing pole though,LOL?Noticed that the rock star,hazmat guy,hockey player,oriental woman seem to be pretty hard to find also.Lego should just drop the whole 'its a mystery' thing and just add a see-through window to the package or even just a picture of which ones inside,since anyone with 2 hours to kill is going to only buy the few they want anyway.But also bought a few others that I liked,1 rock star,1 hazmat guy,2 hockey players(wow those ice skates are tiny!Talk about a choking hazard for little kids!)

I do think that only the top 5 hardest to find should come in a small black box with a large red question mark on it.So you are going to get at least 1 of those 5 but it will be impossible to tell.

I don't think this observation warrants its own thread. I'll merge it with the Series 4 Discussion thread.

Please make sure you check for existing discussions before starting a new topic. Thanks.

Sorry to bump up "old" thread but...

If anyone in Finland is still missing series 4 figs, I know a place to get them.

Just bought 13 bags, got 11 diffirent figs (no feel or bump reading).

Store has still full boxes in warehouse, and they just ordered atleast one unopened box to the shop :)