skyliner

Technic Lamborghini Countach LP400

@ TechnicJuan: Well, you have your opinion and I have mine. I paid full price for one set of Skyliner's Building Instructions, because I think it is worth building. If you have a problem with Skyliner, please correspond with him in private. Eurobricks is supposed to be all about "Uniting Lego Fans Around the World", not "flaming" them over and over.

Thanks, Skyliner, for making the Building Instructions.

Sorry DLuders. I am just not a big fan of using others people's designs and ideas to gain a profit from. I just think that it is wrong. While that just may be my opinion,I am certain that most people here would agree with me. This will be the final comment that I make on this issue. :thumbup:

This guy HERE managed to squeeze suspension into a low car of the same scale. :classic: People have also modded the very low 8653 Enzo with suspension, so it can definitely be done.

If you look at the official Formula 1 models (Silver Champion, Williams and the Ferrari) you can see a nice arrangement of the suspension in a very small space. It might not be "real" as the suspension on a Countach works.

Love the design, also like the studlessness of the bonnet. I think the height is ok, the only lower car I have seen on my own is the Saleen Super Car. That might even be flatter.

Great work!

For those of you wondered what this would look like in orange, I have just completed my CAD file and answered that question. It looks fantastic. Sadly, the parts to build it in this color do not exist. It may be possible to build it in white though (which I will render next).

1.jpg

2.jpg

As I've always said... :hmpf:

TLG should add the Orange color, to their standard LEGO Technic palette! :classic:

For those of you wondered what this would look like in orange, I have just completed my CAD file and answered that question. It looks fantastic. Sadly, the parts to build it in this color do not exist. It may be possible to build it in white though (which I will render next).

1.jpg

]

Is something wrong with the render? The top of the car appears to really dip low. Or is it an optical illusion? Or is that just how the guy who built it thought it should be?

I also have a question about renders like this. It appears that many parts are not connected or are pulling apart in the picture?. Why is this? For example the bottom of the windscreen looks like it is coming apart.

Is something wrong with the render? The top of the car appears to really dip low. Or is it an optical illusion? Or is that just how the guy who built it thought it should be?

The top is really low because it is supposed to be. Look at the pictures of the real Countach at the beginning of the topic.

I also have a question about renders like this. It appears that many parts are not connected or are pulling apart in the picture?. Why is this? For example the bottom of the windscreen looks like it is coming apart.

There is enough slop in real LEGO construction that you can get pretty close and bend things into shape if they don't quite fit. But in the computer, those little errors add up. On the windshield the angles in the corners don't all quite add up so it is impossible to connect everything perfectly. In real life it would look fine. You looked pretty closely if you saw the gap in the bottom of the window because I tried to put it somewhere that would not be noticeable.

Ok, I see now. It does in fact sit really low. It's just in the render it almost looks like it dips downwards awkwardly, but I see that is not the case. I was looking over your renders at brickshelf and you do some really amazing work!!!

wow, blackbird, those orange renders rock!

great work.

Edited by skyliner

This guy HERE managed to squeeze suspension into a low car of the same scale. :classic: People have also modded the very low 8653 Enzo with suspension, so it can definitely be done.

I have been working with the new style steering arms. I have added suspension. This is the rear suspension of my next 1:10 scale super car. It has taken a while to get a low suspension i am happy with.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

Sky

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I don't want to start a new one just because of one question.

@skyliner: Is it possible to update the instructions of your Countach with the suspension setup? I'm really ungifted in respect of modding MOCs and I'm really looking forward to build your Countach. But it would be much cooler with suspension!

So, thank you!

Hello Skyliner, stumbled over your design on Rebrickable. The link to your instruction on Amazon is broken. Can you let me know how to get access to your instruction?

1 hour ago, aefferen said:

Can you let me know how to get access to your instruction?

Hello, Aefferen. You are bumping a 4 year old topic, which is against the rules.

Skyliner hasn't been logged here on Eurobricks for the last 3 years (just hover over his name to see when he was online last time), so it may be better idea just to send him a PM, or try to find him on a site where he is active.

I will lock this.