legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

same error. wont work, too :-( Thats just an extra-annoying glitch :-( There must be a way tofix that error.

Any idea out there?

It's something to do with the modifications SR3D makes to the normal Ldraw format.

Open the file in Notepad, remove the first couple of lines (beginning with '0') and the last couple of lines (also beginning with '0').

same error. wont work, too :-( Thats just an extra-annoying glitch :-( There must be a way tofix that error.

Any idea out there?

That's odd. I always open my .L3B files in MLCad without a problem for the final edits before I send them for rendering. The only error I have is that some parts are not found by MLCad, but this isn't really a problem, because LDView recognizes them just fine. It must be a problem with your version of MLCad or something. :sceptic:

It's something to do with the modifications SR3D makes to the normal Ldraw format.

Open the file in Notepad, remove the first couple of lines (beginning with '0') and the last couple of lines (also beginning with '0').

DAt-Export removes that extra modifictions and that file errors with runtime error, too:-(

DAt-Export removes that extra modifictions and that file errors with runtime error, too:-(

Are you getting the error with the exact file you linked on DropBox? That file still has the SR3D file headers and group specifications:

0 GROUPLIST 1

0 GR Vader 1 0 False

0 GR Luke 2 0 False

0 GR Commander 3 0 False

0 GR Pilot 4 0 False

0 GR RWing 5 0 False

0 GR Lwing 6 0 False

0 ENDGROUP

Within the file there will be a number of lines '0 GROUP X' which might also have to be removed.

lines beginning with 0 shouldnt be the problem because 0 are comments and the bug bites when i try to open the dropbox-file in ml-cad. and the group-lines are annoying to remove because sometimes every second line is a 0 GRPUP x line.

Wish the export function would kill these lines, too. Seems like i have to go into blind flight for the project.

Edited by masterX244

Which version of SR 3D Builder are you using and which version of MLCad? I would think it's more likely a problem with MLCad than SR 3D Builder. It may still be a good idea to contact Sergio because it's possible that, once upon a long time ago, the .L3B format was not readable by MLCad, etc. For as long as I have been using SR 3D Builder, though, I have had no such problem. :sceptic:

However, you shouldn't need to rename your file or export it to any other format. A .L3B file should open fine in MLCad or any other LDraw based programme, I believe.

lines beginning with 0 shouldnt be the problem because 0 are comments and the bug bites when i try to open the dropbox-file in ml-cad.

They shouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless, when I've had this error in the past, deleting that first bunch of lines and the last ones at the end have usually solved it. I've not yet felt the inclination to find out exactly which of those lines causes the problems.

A simple search and replace in Notepad will get rid of the individual '0 Group' lines, though this may not be necessary.

They shouldn't be a problem. Nevertheless, when I've had this error in the past, deleting that first bunch of lines and the last ones at the end have usually solved it. I've not yet felt the inclination to find out exactly which of those lines causes the problems.

A simple search and replace in Notepad will get rid of the individual '0 Group' lines, though this may not be necessary.

im using latest SR-Builder and the ML-CAD that was on the 2010-AIO-Install. And i deleted the first bunch of 0-Lines already.

im using latest SR-Builder and the ML-CAD that was on the 2010-AIO-Install. And i deleted the first bunch of 0-Lines already.

Try downloading the Latest version of MLCad or the 2012-AOI-Installer. If you can download and install these then let us know if you still have a problem. :classic:

I did some checking. It seems to be a problem with how the latest version of SR3D builder saves groups.

In the previous versions, every part that was in a group had a '0 GROUP X' line immediately before it in the file. Now, there's one '0 GROUP X' line and every part under that goes into that group until the next '0 GROUP Y' line. It seems the new convention gives issues with MLCAD.

The easiest fix would be to delete the groups in SR3D and save again, or else open it in Notepad and search and replace '0 GROUP' with '0'.

I did some checking. It seems to be a problem with how the latest version of SR3D builder saves groups.

In the previous versions, every part that was in a group had a '0 GROUP X' line immediately before it in the file. Now, there's one '0 GROUP X' line and every part under that goes into that group until the next '0 GROUP Y' line. It seems the new convention gives issues with MLCAD.

The easiest fix would be to delete the groups in SR3D and save again, or else open it in Notepad and search and replace '0 GROUP' with '0'.

Thanks. that was a annoying bug. time to write a small fix-program:-(

Oh, no wonder! I never use groups and the thought never entered my head. :blush:

7345 Transport Chopper [Creator, 2012]

7345%20Transport%20Chopper.png

MPD file

In a perfect world, SR 3D Builder would fully support the MPD (Multi-Part DAT) file format, and avoid the GROUP meta command all together.

Although grouping is useful, it is not an official LDraw standard, and I find MPD to be a more elegant solution, using sub-models rather than groups to define parts you need to keep together.

For example, in the above model I use sub-models for the retractable wheels and the top and rear rotors. This allows them to be easily moved/rotated within MLCad without upsetting any other part of the model, as well allowing me to specify the sub-model's rotation axis (very handy for easily moving retractable wheels/doors/wings on certain models).

Another helicopter, this time from the 2012 Forest Police theme.

4439 Heavy-Lift Helicopter [City: Forest Police, 2012]

4439%20Heavy-Lift%20Helicopter.png

MPD file (minifigs not shown)

Errors:

- Missing 2 x Yellow 97895 Minifig Life Jacket, Center Buckle [substituted]

- Missing 1 x Tan 98279 Minifig Hat, Campaign [substituted]

- Missing stickers / correct printing

Index update:

• 12 sets added
  • The themes and subthemes are acfording to Bricklink now, thanks to Superkalle, indexing can be done much faster now, but we have to use the Bricklink theme structure and names for now. I hope to have Brickset names/themes in the future
  • The irregular posts and incomplete sets can be found here

It seems there are a few sets in the incorrect theme, I'm going to fix that, hopefully in the next few days

4500 Rebel Snowspeeder [star Wars, 2004]

4500%20Rebel%20Snowspeeder.png

MPD file (not all submodels shown, but included in file)

Errors:

- Missing string

Built previously by Widetent and Redostrike. However, their versions are either incomplete or use incorrect colours/prints, which have since been made available in LDraw.

swc2012 Boba Fett's Mini Slave I [star Wars, 2012]

swc2012%20Boba%20Fett%27s%20Mini%20Slave%20I.png

MPD file (minifig not shown)

Errors:

- Missing 1 x Trans-Clear 92474 Windscreen 6 x 2 x 2 with Handle

- Missing correct printing

Although instructions for the above set have not yet been released,

and a parts list from Brickset was used to ensure that it is accurate as possible. However, the instruction steps are not 100% accurate, as I based them on the animated build.

UPDATE: The official instructions have now been made available via the above link at Brickset, so I have rebuilt the model to match the building steps and have included the Boba Fett minifig.

Edited by C3POwen

21014 Villa Savoye [Architecture, 2012]

21014%20Villa%20Savoye.png

MPD file

Part # 50945 Black Tire 14mm D. x 6mm Solid Smooth subed with 50951

used dark blue instead of earth blue

50951 and 50945 are alternate numbers for the same part, according to BrickLink. Also, Dark Blue is the LDraw name for Earth Blue. Therefore, your listed errors can actually be struck out.

However, your model is using the old Dark Grey and Light Grey, where it should actually be Dark Bluish Grey and Light Bluish Grey, used since 2003.

50951 and 50945 are alternate numbers for the same part, according to BrickLink. Also, Dark Blue is the LDraw name for Earth Blue. Therefore, your listed errors can actually be struck out.

However, your model is using the old Dark Grey and Light Grey, where it should actually be Dark Bluish Grey and Light Bluish Grey, used since 2003.

Thanks it corrected now.

Creator

6741 - Mini Jet

[image]

Download

no errors

Please put 1 model in 1 file, as stated in the rules. Please also specify which models you've made, e.g Model A, Model B. Also at you're super soarer. It's to avoid confusion when the other models are made.

In general, I choose the model letter like this; 1st model in the book is Model A, 2nd model in the book is Model B etc.

This is something I wondered:

I always used to use the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair and Moustache Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP30)" for the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache and Stubble Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP35)" because the latter didn't exist at the time.

I also have been using the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache, and Beard Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP33) for the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache, and Brown Beard Vertical Lines Pattern (Not an LDraw Part Yet)".

However, I was wondering whether the ones I used to use are actually patterns that LEGO made or if they were just invented by LDraw.

Another thing I was wondering about is, what colour is Red-Brown (as Bricklink calls it) of the pirate from "1713-Shipwrecked Pirate" (though he appeared in many more sets than just that one). I believe it is also the same colour as the Imperial Soldier from the "6245-Harbour Sentry," etc. (Though the latter's hair colour is just called "brown" in bricklink. I used to use red for all of these figures with the "Red-Brown" hair colour, but there must be a "correct" colour. Also, the "Reddish-Brown" of more modern sets doesn't look right either, but this is the closest colour I can get, as far as name is concerned.

I hope I made myself somewhat clear with these questions. :look: Thanks in advance. :sweet:

Edited by Palathadric

In general, I choose the model letter like this; 1st model in the book is Model A, 2nd model in the book is Model B etc.

I've started building some of the models from 4100 Maximum Wheels, and had to work out the "Model A", "Model B", etc., due to the number of models that can be built in the set, and they go from A-M. Looks like I have my work cut out!

I always used to use the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair and Moustache Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP30)" for the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache and Stubble Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP35)" because the latter didn't exist at the time.

I also have been using the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache, and Beard Pattern (LDraw Part Number: 3626BP33) for the "Minifig Head with Messy Hair, Moustache, and Brown Beard Vertical Lines Pattern (Not an LDraw Part Yet)".

However, I was wondering whether the ones I used to use are actually patterns that LEGO made or if they were just invented by LDraw.

The part numbers and names in LDraw do not always match those listed on BrickLink. LDraw also has a name length limit, restricting how many letters can be used.

LDraw part 3626bp33 seems to match BrickLink part 3626bpb025. I've not been able to find a match on BrickLink for LDraw part 3626bp30, although it may be that stubble was planned but not added, as LDraw parts can be very complex to create, particularly minifig faces. Running a search for the term "moustache" on BrickLink does not really bring up any accurate matches.

Another thing I was wondering about is, what colour is Red-Brown (as Bricklink calls it) of the pirate from "1713-Shipwrecked Pirate" (though he appeared in many more sets than just that one). I believe it is also the same colour as the Imperial Soldier from the "6245-Harbour Sentry," etc. (Though the latter's hair colour is just called "brown" in bricklink. I used to use red for all of these figures with the "Red-Brown" hair colour, but there must be a "correct" colour. Also, the "Reddish-Brown" of more modern sets doesn't look right either, but this is the closest colour I can get, as far as name is concerned.

The "Red-Brown" colour used for the printing looks very similar to the Dark Orange (used for young Obi-Wan Kenobi) or Rust colours available in LDraw (depending on which picture you're looking at), so they may be the best substitute.

Remember, the colours in LDraw are not all 100% accurate representations of the real-life colours.

@Superkalle/Calabar: Should this part of the thread perhaps be split and put into its own "LDraw issues / questions" thread?

Edited by C3POwen