@ Aanchir, did you also checked all the sides of the minifig legs and feets, because I thougt I saw also there some new ones, but I'm not sure.

The only prints on the sides of the legs are the cheerleader's leg prints. Of course, that's only natural since only the collectible minifigures and the promotional Max minifigure have had leg printing, and there aren't any decorations in LDD later than Series 1.

As far as feet are concerned, there are only two types of foot print available: the Series 1 Robot's foot prints, and the Series 1 Spaceman's foot prints.

Interestingly, the collectible minifigure leg decorations have been on LDD since version 4.0. However, the decorated parts themselves are newly available in this version because the legs now have decoration surfaces printed in, whereas previously there was no way to put decorations of any kind on the legs. There are two other decorations that were previously available but without a surface to put them on the appropriate piece: the Knights' Kingdom and Fantasy-Era Castle shield prints.

Now, of course, these decorations are easily accessible with the decoration tool. In contrast, many of the new decorations (even those like the Kingdoms leg prints that appear on pieces with decoration surfaces) are not listed when using the decoration tool, and can only be accessed through DesignByMe mode or through entering the decoration ID into an LXFML.

Also, I forgot to mention there are a couple errors with many of the new decorations. The dark green skirt print is upside-down. The face prints for Jake Raines and the City boy with freckles have problems with their transparency. Most of the Hero Factory decorations are blurry, and there are some issues with the side decorations on the V-Wing pilot helmet. However, these are all minor errors, and the most serious will likely be fixed in future updates.

Also, I forgot to mention there are a couple errors with many of the new decorations. The dark green skirt print is upside-down. The face prints for Jake Raines and the City boy with freckles have problems with their transparency. Most of the Hero Factory decorations are blurry, and there are some issues with the side decorations on the V-Wing pilot helmet. However, these are all minor errors, and the most serious will likely be fixed in future updates.

Reported to our friends at TLG!

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a little bit lost because of the english, but... Can someone teach me how to use this files, like the Decoration one in mi LDD? Thanks VERY MUCH

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm a little bit lost because of the english, but... Can someone teach me how to use this files, like the Decoration one in mi LDD? Thanks VERY MUCH

You simply download the file, open the model you want to use them in in LDD, import the reference file into LDD, and clone the piece(s) you want.

Thanks, Toa Of Justice said something like: "maximum shading and outlining", how I do that in the LDD?

See here.

I recently mixed up trap door and frame elements--I did not realize there were two different pairs of elements! :blush:

To prevent further confusion, I have created this handy LXF File with the correct combinations of trap door and frame elements.

The older pair (frame 30041 + door 30042) is on the left, in classic dark gray and classic gray, respectively.

The newer pair (frame 92107 + door 92099) is on the right, in stone gray and dark stone gray, respectively.

trap_door_reference.png

-Toa Of Justice

I don't know if this is the correct thread for it, but it seems the most appropriate:

Colour 109 - Pc black Ir (according to the colour chart in the first post) seems to be missing in version 4.1.7. As I need this exact colour quite extensively in my current project, I'd like to know if there's a way to utilize it again or if I change it to standard black?

Edited by Abu Dun

I don't know if this is the correct thread for it, but it seems the most appropriate:

Colour 109 - Pc black Ir (according to the colour chart in the first post) seems to be missing in version 4.1.7. As I need this exact colour quite extensively in my current project, I'd like to know if there's a way to utilize it again or if I change it to standard black?

Aanchir's color reference file in this thread has a brick in color 109; download it, open your model in LDD, import the color reference file, copy the color of the brick in PC Black IR, and color your model. Delete the color reference from your model when done.

I'm a pretty big noob, since I started today, so excuse me if this sounds a little ridiculous. :blush: But wouldn't those edited-in designs, posted here be useful to post in this topic?

Oh, and while I'm asking, has anyone made any decorations other than theses ones? Thanks. :blush:

I'm a pretty big noob, since I started today, so excuse me if this sounds a little ridiculous. :blush: But wouldn't those edited-in designs, posted here be useful to post in this topic?

Oh, and while I'm asking, has anyone made any decorations other than theses ones? Thanks. :blush:

The first question I'll let Aanchir answer.

EDIT: maybe he doesn't have to, because I see they are in his reference file. But the date in his first post is old however :wink:

For the second one I can answer - unfortunately LDD does not permit the addition of any custom decorations, so what is available from the LDD GUI, plus the ones Aanchir is posting in his reference files, are the ones we got.

Concerning decorations: I assume there are no number decorations available (yet) since Aanchir doesn't have any in his reference? I thought I'd ask since the Decorations post hasn't been updated since August and I'm still on 4.1.7.

Concerning decorations: I assume there are no number decorations available (yet) since Aanchir doesn't have any in his reference? I thought I'd ask since the Decorations post hasn't been updated since August and I'm still on 4.1.7.

The decorations file should be comprehensive to this point. The date in the first post may be incorrect, though. I sometimes forget to change that, and have no other record of when I updated the files themselves unless there were significant enough changes for me to edit the post they are in.

These no doubt exist already (probably in multiple places) but I was not able to find anything via the poor search functionality provided by IP.Board. So here are the most common items for Power Functions and Mindstorms NXT with the correct colors already applied. It doesn't represent very much time or effort, but if you are extremely lazy like I am... then this is just the ticket you've been looking for! Enjoy.

PowerFunctions.lxf

powerfunctions.png

MindstormsNXT.lxf

mindstormsnxt.png

Wow, PerryMakes, your Power Functions and Mindstorms LXFs look great! :classic::thumbup:

These no doubt exist already (probably in multiple places) but I was not able to find anything via the poor search functionality provided by IP.Board. So here are the most common items for Power Functions and Mindstorms NXT with the correct colors already applied. It doesn't represent very much time or effort, but if you are extremely lazy like I am... then this is just the ticket you've been looking for! Enjoy.

PowerFunctions.lxf

MindstormsNXT.lxf

I'd recommend for a lot of these parts to use the colors from Mindstorms mode of LDD. They're obviously still approximations (since the NXT screen isn't injected-molded with any LEGO color, after all, nor are the metal components of the NXT lacquered with LEGO's color 298), but I think some of them tend to look better, and they all could arguably be considered "more official" by fitting in LDD by default.

With that said, this is definitely a useful set of files so I will be adding it to the index.

I'd recommend for a lot of these parts to use the colors from Mindstorms mode of LDD.

I'm a little embarrassed for neglecting to check this against the LEGO MINDSTORMS theme. I'll update the appropriate .lxf where differences exist and a more suitable approximation exists :)

Regards ~ Perry

Here are some templates.

First, a brick arch sort of thing,

brick_arch_1.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/LDD-templates/brick_arch.lxf

I dunno how this happened, but one time I was trying to pull this hinge piece and it snapped off, I rotated it way off to the side so that any one can use it.

split_hinge.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/LDD-templates/split_hinge.lxf

And last, but definitely(EDIT: Keep on spelling this wrong) not least, the longed for (I think) cheese slopes, in different variations!

cheese_slope_variations.png

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bricksandparts/LDD-templates/cheese_slope_shapes.lxf

Hope you like these! :blush::sweet:

EDIT: how did I miss the LDD files?

Edited by Bricksandparts

Aanchir, probably with the arrive of LDD 4.2.5 you will update the reference files in this thread.

About the new decorations, I'd like if you will create two files: the firts, as usual, with all the decorations; the second with only those decorations that are not directly accessible with the Extended Mode.

Aanchir, probably with the arrive of LDD 4.2.5 you will update the reference files in this thread.

About the new decorations, I'd like if you will create two files: the firts, as usual, with all the decorations; the second with only those decorations that are not directly accessible with the Extended Mode.

Good idea. I will do that very soon. Although from what I have seen there are unfortunately no new colors in the latest version of LDD. I was hoping at least for the new Olive Green color from the Dino theme.

I made a template for the 2012 Hero Factory launcher.

2012_launcher_template.png

LXF File

Please note that the bottom element was modeled incorrectly in LDD. There should only be one axle hole, and it should not be so steeply inclined.

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: This template has been updated for LDD 4.3.5!

Edited by Toa_Of_Justice

Here is an updated LXF of decorations. As far as I'm aware, all currently available decorations are there. If anything is missing, please tell me. :wink:

Also, does anyone know why several of the Star Wars prints disappeared during the previous update?

Here is an updated LXF of decorations. As far as I'm aware, all currently available decorations are there. If anything is missing, please tell me. :wink:

Pretty good-- I don't see any obvious omissions from previous updates--but there are a few others that have been added with this update that I need to generate and add to the list (mostly LEGO City mining decorations). I'll try to get to that very shortly.

EDIT: Complete color chart and decorations chart both updated to LDD 4.3.5!

Edited by Aanchir