mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Do we have confirmation? Wasn't it just one person who said they got a glimpse of it? :sick:

Yes it was just one person, but nobody has any purpose to just make this up. Wouldn't make any sense. Just because we havem't seen pictures yet it doesn't mean it will not be continued. Summer set pictures always show up later.

If Kingdoms did get discontinued this early (which would be very sad) it would probably be replaced by a licensed theme (imo would be Narnia since it is Disney and since another movie is coming out soon).

I seriously doubt the overall castle theme is going to be replaced with anything, ever. It's one of lego's most successful lines ever, that would be the most stupid thing they could do.

If Kingdoms did get discontinued this early (which would be very sad) it would probably be replaced by a licensed theme (imo would be Narnia since it is Disney and since another movie is coming out soon).

The next Narnia film (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) is coming out already in mid-December, and it's the first of the series that is not co-produced or distributed by Disney, which shied away from the series after the second one attracted too few viewers. So chances for any Narnia-themed Legos seem pretty slim.

Maybe the Medieval Windmill will be the (only) spring release, and there will be a bigger batch of new sets in summer... As many have said, it would be pretty absurd to end/cancel Kingdoms line after only one wave of sets.

Anyways, I hope Medieval Windmill will be as awesome as it sounds!

Edited by Haltiamieli

Maybe the Medieval Windmill will be the (only) spring release, and there will be a bigger batch of new sets in summer... As many have said, it would be pretty absurd to end/cancel Kingdoms line after only one wave of sets.

Agreed. i truly think at the windmill would be the only set in spring. If we just could have some more information :sceptic:

Welcome to the forums btw. (Dont want to sound liek a mini mod) you might want to introduce yourself in here :wink:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Welcome to the forums btw.

On another note, I started to wonder that of all the 2011 sets that we've seen, I'm not sure if any would really qualify as "impulse sets"? Could it be that some hitherto unknown impulse sets would still be released in spring, one or two Kingdoms-themed ones among them?

Nice to have some slopes and new door.Gonna buy it.

I think I've seen that door before, I will have a look at my castles later. I'm guessing either Vladek's Dark Fortress, Kingdoms or Fantasy Era.

Nice to have some slopes and new door.Gonna buy it.

That door is a newer version of an older door and has also appeared in Harry Potter, the Kingdoms castle and the Winter Village Bakery.

The new castle creator at least have some GREY purple in. I wonder if we get a exclusive minifig in this one!

I wonder if he meant GREY helmet and put purple on it because he was thinking about something purple.

I seriously doubt the overall castle theme is going to be replaced with anything, ever. It's one of lego's most successful lines ever, that would be the most stupid thing they could do.

They did replace space for star wars... for EIGHT YEARS. Ok, maybe less than eight years, but it seemed as much to me.

Yeah, but there's a little difference. Star wars is HUGE all over the world (and i'm talking about every kinds of things, not only lego), so it was pretty obvious that that line would become a total win. I highly doubt even close as much people would be interested in a narnia line. IF anything could ever replace castle, then only lord of the rings, and i think we agree that this won't happen, as we basically already had the fantasy element withing the castle line in the past 3 years.

Can people think before posting 10 pages of insanity and just not using common sense? Are people here supposed to be over 18? Can we act like it?

Common sense...

1. LEGO wouldn't rename Castle Kingdoms to end it.

2. Castle is a stable, nothing is going to replace it next year, except another Castle related theme.

3. Narnia 3 comes out two weeks after Harry Potter Part 1, it will bomb.

4. Narnia sets can't come out several months after the movie... which will bomb.

5. Disney dropped Narnia 3 two years ago because the movies bomb.

6. Castle is a summer theme,we have no summer pictures yet.

7. There is supposed to be at least one new set, the mindmill.

So can we just think before we go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on with useless speculation just because we haven't seen summer sets yet?

Whilst some of your points are fair Green Brick Giant, insulting people about ranting on and on isn't the most mature reaction to perceived immature posts now is it? Tone it down a little and we can all keep a lively conversation moving forward.

If anyone has a problem with the maturity of a post etc, by all means hit the report button and I or my trusted colleagues will be only to happy to step up and take a look see.

Lets stay frosty people. If the line continues, which it will most likely in Summer (Northern Hemisphere) we may be fortunate to see some pics early next year, as it is the first half year release is packed full of themes already with which to spend your hard earned, if not continue saving up for the next Castle/Kingdoms line.

Cheers

ISC.

Replying to some previous posts, I very highly doubt it's sales - some of the castle sets, especially the impulses, always seem to be top selling on lego.com whenever I check. Not that I think it's being cancelled anyway.

Edited by Bingo Little

I wonder if he meant GREY helmet and put purple on it because he was thinking about something purple.

Haha, I didn't notice this

I wanted to say that castle creator finaly have some grey bricks in, not like the previous one.

And why I put word purple it in? I have no idea, maybe I just thougt about the new Skeleton fortress from NinjaGo theme. It have some purple bricks in. :tongue:

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Related to the topic: I'm kind of sad that there aren't more fantasy elements in castle sets; Kingdoms is not totally "realistic" castle line, it has unicorns (ok, maybe that is battle equipment), but it does have little dragons :)

So why not other fantasy/none related to the copyright characters? I would love to see more fantasy oriented armor, and maybe 2011 will introduce an "adventures band" set, made of 5 or 6 mercenaries from different species, different armor and weapons, most importantly - NEW ones :)

We don't know if Kingdoms will later have non-human characters like Castle did. But you can be more than sure that Kingdoms is not going to be the last medieval theme of Lego. When Kingdom ends, it will be replaced by something similar, and that might have more fantasy elements eventually. There will always be a castle Lego theme, as long as TLG exists, and fantasy themes may wax and wane in popularity but never disappear completely. Actually, fantasy themes always have more "action factor" than non-fantasy equivalent themes, and that makes them more attractive for KFOL which are still the customer base. Just see how many of the current themes are "fantasy/action" compared to those which are more "normal/quiet" :classic: We AFOL may want more medieval villages and historical castles, but the KFOL want battles and monsters. I don't think we need to wait more than a couple of years to see monsters returning to the medieval theme.

The little dragons are not meant to be little dragons, imo. I think they much more represent some kind of figures. Not real dragons.

I can see dragons coming into the Kingdoms line. One thing that gave me this idea is that there is a dragon flying across the sky in this backdrop scenery.

I really hope Kingdoms returns, because it has a great colour scheme, great pieces, and great designs.

EDIT: About a dragon in Kingdoms. I was looking at the dragon knight symble and it reminded me of the new NINJAGO Ice Dragon head. They really look similar.

Here, take a look.

post-12585-128983580604.png

and

post-12585-128983581757.png

Edited by CommanderR

Whilst some of your points are fair Green Brick Giant, insulting people about ranting on and on isn't the most mature reaction to perceived immature posts now is it? Tone it down a little and we can all keep a lively conversation moving forward.

If anyone has a problem with the maturity of a post etc, by all means hit the report button and I or my trusted colleagues will be only to happy to step up and take a look see.

Who have I insulted? I'm saying let's think before we post, like think before you speak.

And if I reported every case of immaturity in this topic, there would be about a page left.

The little dragons are not meant to be little dragons, imo. I think they much more represent some kind of figures. Not real dragons.

While this opinion is as legit as any and might have been what the designers were really after, it is also quite obvious that most of the buyers (especially kids) interpret the tiny dragons as living things no matter what. After all, there's no easily conceivable other explanations for the impulse set wizard's ”familiar”. One can see it as a paper weight, for example, but I'm pretty sure most of the kids (Finnish ones at least) don't even know what that is nowadays.

I doubt the designers wouldn't have taken this in account, even if they decidedly left the exact nature of the dragons ambivalent. Admittedly, the dragons seem to be purely decorative in Prison Tower Rescue. But why didn't they make the dragons grey, if figures or sculpures were what they were after?

I was curious and did a search, and it looks like the 2010 sets got leaked in December of 2009 (link). And it looks like most of the 2010 reviews were done in late May, so I assume that's when they started hitting the shelves. I guess that's what is referred to as the "summer wave", yes?

I think someone mentioned that we may not see preliminary or leaked info on any Kingdoms sets until after the new year. But if it goes like last year, maybe we will see some leaked images or vendor catalog information next month or in January?

Conjecture! :knight:

Edited by Zeya

I was curious and did a search, and it looks like the 2010 sets got leaked in December of 2009 (link). And it looks like most of the 2010 reviews were done in late May, so I assume that's when they started hitting the shelves. I guess that's what is referred to as the "summer wave", yes?

It probably depends on who you ask as far as which is called the summer wave and which is called the winter wave. I had been calling the later one the winter wave. I think of the second major wave as coming out in the second half of the year, which contains Christmas (at the very end), which is what I picture when I think of winter despite the fact that most of winter is actually in the first couple of months of the year and not in December. Maybe I'm just screwy in how I look at things though. I do believe that the second wave is commonly called the summer wave, which is where we would see new Castle sets if the pattern of years past holds true.

I think someone mentioned that we may not see preliminary or leaked info on any Kingdoms sets until after the new year. But if it goes like last year, maybe we will see some leaked images or vendor catalog information next month or in January?

Well, it feels like we have had info about the first half of next year for a little while now so it isn't an impossibility that we might see some glimpse of the summer wave in the next 2 months. It looks like we had some info about the 2011 Atlantis sets in August, for referrence. I hope we see something in the near future.

I can see dragons coming into the Kingdoms line. One thing that gave me this idea is that there is a dragon flying across the sky in this backdrop scenery.

I really hope Kingdoms returns, because it has a great colour scheme, great pieces, and great designs.

EDIT: About a dragon in Kingdoms. I was looking at the dragon knight symble and it reminded me of the new NINJAGO Ice Dragon head. They really look similar.

Here, take a look.

post-12585-128983580604.png

and

post-12585-128983581757.png

That is a very valid point CommanderR, I can see this in dark green along with a dragon fortress, perhaps one based around a huge dragon cage. I mean, all other Lego themes contain elements of fantasy, I don't see why this one should be a strictly "historic" theme. Even in the old 90's sets there were wizards dragons and "undead" of sorts.

I agree this line isn't Lord Of The Rings like the Castle line was trying to be, but in a way i prefer to have this subdued folklore-ish magic than simply human vs. human in different color schemes.

I sure hope they release more Kingdoms sets, I actually haven't gotten anything castle related since probably the original Ninja sets, and the Kingdoms line interested me enough to buy at least one of each Kingdoms set released thus far. I may even buy another King's Castle for parts, I really enjoy that set, reminds me of my first castle set 6074 Black Falcon's Fortress. Plus it's discounted right now to $85 on a few sites like Toysrus and Amazon, with free shipping on either.