Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

Naboo assault

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Here's my latest MOC. It's a 24x24, and it's on Naboo. My main goal for the MOC was to use earthy colors (i.e. sand red, dark tan, and sand green). My biggest problem for this MOC was trying to use sand green on the roof, since my supply of sand green is small, but I think I pulled it off. I didn't use any refrences for this MOC, so there may be inaccuracies. With all that said, here's the MOC! :classic:

4999451731_1c8a0a202b.jpg

4999451735_e651fc7f2c.jpg

4999451747_9fb1fd58af.jpg

4999451751_7ef2eede68.jpg

4999451755_f13b38e118.jpg

4999451759_22c75edf78.jpg

4999462885_93fd0908cb.jpg

4999462897_f80b4e0a13.jpg

Looks great! I love the rubble sticking out of the walls and whatnot. Im not sure how I feel about the rocket troops, perhaps just some normal battle droids? Great job though!

Pretty good MOC 501st Commando! For a small diorama it really has the Naboo 'feel' on it. I love the damage-effect on the walls, columns, and floors. And very clever build on the arched stacked 1x1 round bricks, though I guess it's a bit fragile right?

Great job! Love all it's SNOT-ieness. Don't know why you used rocket droids.

Looks great! I love the rubble sticking out of the walls and whatnot. Im not sure how I feel about the rocket troops, perhaps just some normal battle droids? Great job though!

Thanks. For the droids, I really wanted contrast, instead of tan on tan.

Pretty good MOC 501st Commando! For a small diorama it really has the Naboo 'feel' on it. I love the damage-effect on the walls, columns, and floors. And very clever build on the arched stacked 1x1 round bricks, though I guess it's a bit fragile right?

Thanks, and the 1x1 rounds are very stable, since a flex tube runs through it. It's very useful for round shapes.

@-Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

Awesome job, It's a wonder that anyone tried to boast a naboo moc after seeing what ACPin did, but I think yours is nice and has a lot of it's own unique styling elements. Great job!

Overall this is a really nice MOC, I can just picture it happening! :thumbup:

I really like the snot road, and the balcony above half demolished.

Really nice job!

CF

AWESOME '501st Commando' - from the blasted wall pieces to the SNOT pavement - totally AWESOME ! :grin:

Great job designing and posing of the figures too ! :thumbup:

I'm a conformist! '501st Commando' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That really does look good. good representation of Naboo though I would have made it not clone wars but thats your choice.

Great job :thumbup:

Hello!

What I like best is the house and the characteristic look of the Naboo town style. :classic: Your diorama would also work nicely for rescue scene of the members of the royal court by Qui-Gon and young Obi-Wan in Episode I. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That's a really appealing MOC you've created! You certainly didn't need reference pics, since you got the Naboo feel down very well. The sand red is a beautiful accent to the color scheme.

I agree with others that the Rocket Battle Droids don't make much sense here. Perhaps if you used security battle droids with the red chests, or pilot droids with the blue chests, it would still be enough difference in color and still fit the setting. Of course it's your MOC, though, and you can do what you want.

I could definitely see this as part of a level in a Battlefront game, if they ever release a third one that covers more of the Clone Wars.

Great job! Love all it's SNOT-ieness. Don't know why you used rocket droids.

What SNOT? The base of the model? Not all that special, is it?

I think this is a great little diorama, not a great fan of adding laser but it does add a little action to the scene.

You might consider putting the battle droids on 1x2 plates that are set in the tiled floor.

It looks a little odd to see a 2x4 tan plate underneath the battle droid and you can easily remove a 2x2 tile and replace it with a 1x2 plate and 1x2 tile or even a 1x1 plate to allow the battle droid to twist a little.

Great job 501st :thumbup:

A very nice diorama that doesn´t have to be mentioned that this take place on Naboo.

It is pretty selfsaying, and obvious, and there fore as well mission accomplished :thumbup:

I like that there is so much that is SNOT in this MOC. Naboo palace area feels like a really

nice and clean place (exept for the war coming there) and that is well shown by the SNOT technique.

A solid build, 501st. You've implemented some great techniques. I particularly like the arch with the flex tube running through it - that's something I need to start using on my builds. The rubble is well done too, as others have mentioned. You've got some solid snot work too with that wall design and the ruined floor.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does the lever base with rubber band around the clone trooper's helmet represent?

Nice MOC, and I'd love to see you take it to the next level with a larger diorama!

A solid build, 501st. You've implemented some great techniques. I particularly like the arch with the flex tube running through it - that's something I need to start using on my builds. The rubble is well done too, as others have mentioned. You've got some solid snot work too with that wall design and the ruined floor.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does the lever base with rubber band around the clone trooper's helmet represent?

Nice MOC, and I'd love to see you take it to the next level with a larger diorama!

It's a mask for an airborne trooper.

@-Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic: