Sign in to follow this  
AoNZ

FBTB Contest Entry: The Spinsoar

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi all,

I've made a lot of average MOC's in the past and haven't been satisfied with any of them and then I saw the FBTB Contest opportunity and thought I need to build one awesome ship to make my mark.

So I present to you my most worked (and expensive) MOC yet:

Ruth:

No great person wants to seem Ruth-less so that's why they hire him :tongue:

4937473004_da1078ec7d_b.jpg

4937472994_8637389a57_z.jpg

The Spinosoar

Known to strike fear into anyone who beholds it. Heavily armed and armored. Once you find out your on Ruth's list you've already been hunted.

4937472984_6917d11e95_z.jpg

4937472988_93c1e10d93_z.jpg

The holding cell

I apologize for the bad quality photo, it was very difficult to photograph and that was the best I could do, but will try again later

4937473006_78e52a2dba_z.jpg

Well I looked at ships in the Star Wars universe and tried to find a common theme within them. Noting that many vehicles were inspired through animals eg. Slave I - Elephant, Snail tank - Snail, Seperatist Shuttle - Beetle.

So I thought to myself how about a Stegosaurus (the dinosaur) and started creating the fin things on top.

The two wings of my Spinosoar were originally going to be the largest fins of the Stegosaurus idea until I found I would not have the ability to build such a thing.

Finding the right combination I managed to incorporate some of the fins I made and make it resemble a dinosaur.

I also wanted to make my Hunter and Ship relate and resemble each other which I think I achieved quite well.

All in all Im happy with the build but will update photos later as my Bricklink order would not arrive in time.

The most challenging part for me was designing the different sized fins.

I will update photos later once my Bricklink order arrives as it would not arrive in time.

Did I redeem myself?

Does the ship go with the hunter and resemble my inspiration?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Enjoy!

4937473008_274166d668_z.jpg

Great MOC AoNZ! I love the whole Stegosaurus-shaped concept of the ship, and you were able to execute and achieve the overall look of the dinosaur. Props also to the custom weapons of Ruth. But forgive my ignorance, what is this FBTB contest all about? Because I don't see this MOC as Star Wars-ish and looks more like a Sci-Fi one.

But forgive my ignorance, what is this FBTB contest all about? Because I don't see this MOC as Star Wars-ish and looks more like a Sci-Fi one.

The contest is to build a bounty hunter ship. The ships do not have to look star wars related at all like aonz's ship or it could look star wars related like mine.

The contest is to build a bounty hunter ship. The ships do not have to look star wars related at all like aonz's ship or it could look star wars related like mine.

Thanks for clarifying. So if The Spinsoar doesn't have the SW-look it would be better if this were in the Sci-Fi forum? It's really a very good build but I just don't see any SW-element/reference in it. The use of an existing SW bounty hunter would have been acceptable.

Edited by KielDaMan

That looks great and very smooth. What body is that on the goblin?

great job :thumbup:

That is the torso from the Prince of Persia set from the guy with the eye-patch and double axe.

Thanks everybody I will have to post more pictures but my BL order is still on the way.

Will update when possible :classic: