Brickviller

Ideas for PF streetlights?

traintech1.jpg

Okay I'm new so maybe this topic will be moved because I don't know for sure it belongs here.

Anyway a question

I want to instal PF lights in the new train station but it seems to be really hard to build them in a self made streetlight, so my question is: Has anyone ideas for making PF streetlights? I would like it to have a modern version of set 7867 so I hope others can help me with this problem

It depends on how clean you want it.

If you want the wires visible, it would be relatively easier than if you'd want the wires hidden.

Hidden: you might need to cut some parts up and glue them back together, unless you don't mind very clunky constructions.

Visible: I'll try to mock something up tomorrow in LDD, and post the picture on here. (Unless I've been beaten to the punch by then.)

I think it might be easier to try to make your own LED light strings, the thing is that with the PF lights, they are rather bulky for a street light and are not that bright either.

To make your own, there are plenty of tips on wiring on the interwebs that show how to make strings and wire battery boxes as well.

Well this is the result

Hhyw0.jpg

I really like the light itself but the lamps are just horrible, but it's okay if the wires are visible

Hope more people can help me

Like andythenorth said, lifelites are perfect, I use them all the time for my huge layouts, bright, long lasting, and very small, hard to notice.

Edited by CarrollFilms