CopMike

Color Change by AFOLs?

Does anyone have any useful and/or reputable information about this survey?

Is LEGO SERIOUSLY considering releasing these parts? Or is this just some wishlist that an AFOL invented because it's a bunch of parts they wished they could get? If it's a legitimate list from LEGO, what's it for? Pick-A-Brick online? LUGBULK? Future elements for sets? Why the hell is it called "color change", when that's about the scariest choice of words imaginable for AFOLs? Who's conducting the survey? Were the results really lost? Why is the "cover letter" posted to Eurobricks, but seemingly nowhere else official?

Apologies to whoever is conducting this survey, but it just seems really unclear to me what's going on with it.

DaveE

Oki doki, here we go again :hmpf_bad:!

This is a survey run by me here on EB, being an Ambassador I got the question to do it through the Ambassador program, and it is the Lego Group (TLG) that have requested it. Or more specifically the LEGO Community Development Team, that I posted in the first post in the thread TLG needs to know what colors are missing in existing elements here. There you could give examples on which excisting parts that are needed in not yet produced colors. After that TLG compiled the list that you´re now able to vote on. The outcome of most wanted parts could then appear in sets because the designers could argue for that part refering to what Afol´s need. An example of designers doing this (but without asking first) is the dark green windows in Grand Emporium. The upper brass thought plain white would do but the designers stood their ground and whoila!!

I think that if you read around a bit, like the first post, and the other thread about this you might not be so outgoing and questioning about this, and using hard words like hell. I do give you that using color change might indeed have been a bad use of words.

Now enjoy our newly won freedom to give input to TLG and let´s hope the pieces keep coming :sweet:!

Just a small question, which may have been answered before: is it known how many of the most popular parts will or might be produced? (The most popular five or ten or so.) I know what I voted for, but it would be a shame if only a handful were chosen, as there's a lot of really good suggestions.

Just a small question, which may have been answered before: is it known how many of the most popular parts will or might be produced? (The most popular five or ten or so.) I know what I voted for, but it would be a shame if only a handful were chosen, as there's a lot of really good suggestions.

Good question. There are some GREAT suggestions and personally, I'd really hope to see more than just "the top five" or some such thing.

Seems like I am way too late for this poll, but if the cypress tree was to be reissued, even if it's not in exactly the same color as before, I would be really happy...

Seems like I am way too late for this poll, but if the cypress tree was to be reissued, even if it's not in exactly the same color as before, I would be really happy...

That would be cool. Ideally, though, a retooled version of the piece would be released, since the original trees of similar style were redesigned to have rounder corners on their "branches". If the Cypress trees were used with the same mold, they'd be inconsistent with other trees-- a minor problem, but since the cypress tree hasn't been used in so long there would be no problem with LEGO taking advantage of the hiatus to retool the piece.