Davey

MOC: GE ES44AC in CSX Livery

traintech1.jpg

I just posted one of my newer 6-wide trains over on Flickr. It's a GE ES44AC in CSX livery. It is 6-wide and features slider trucks (design courtesy of talltim on Flickr). Much love to Swoofty for inspiration to build this. His stuff is amazing and you should really check it out.

Anyway, enough chatter. Here are some pictures. More over on my Flickr Photostream.

4788346489_d9dc639c85.jpg

4788975080_2a331d750b.jpg

4788347487_1db208e759.jpg

Thanks for checking this out!

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

AWESOME 'Davey' just simply AWESOME ! :grin:

Excellent use of tiles to hide all studs to give it a clean look.

Keep up the COOL designing and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That's a very nice build and I too like the colour scheme.

Beautiful Davey! You certainly build a mean diesel engine. I love the colors and the use of light grey tiles along the middle section. The sloped black grill design really adds some nice detail. Are those vintage 2x2 blue windows? I want some of those!

Really, a fine job. I think this deserves a front-page. Fantastic! :thumbup:

Beautiful Davey! You certainly build a mean diesel engine. I love the colors and the use of light grey tiles along the middle section. The sloped black grill design really adds some nice detail. Are those vintage 2x2 blue windows? I want some of those!

Really, a fine job. I think this deserves a front-page. Fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks for the front-page Brickster and thanks for the kind words. :blush: I have to give credit to Swoofty though for all the inspiration he has provided me. His trains are real masterpieces and I just try and learn from him. Talltim is also the designer of the 'slider-trucks' which have been a godsend in terms of getting this thing to navigate the standard 9V curves.

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

I really like your build, it looks nice. To me it looks more like a csx AC6000. They have more of the hammerhead raidiator that your locomotive has instead of the two step raidator found on the ES44AC. Also, the ES44AC was (to my knowladge) all built it the yn3 "dark future" paint scheme and didn't appear in the yn2. Sorry, just throwing some useless info out. Good work on the loco!

Beautiful work Davey :thumbup: This was at Brickworld if I am not mistaken, and it definitely caught my eye. I remember looking over your varied engines with joy. Great stuff mate.

I really like your build, it looks nice. To me it looks more like a csx AC6000. They have more of the hammerhead raidiator that your locomotive has instead of the two step raidator found on the ES44AC. Also, the ES44AC was (to my knowladge) all built it the yn3 "dark future" paint scheme and didn't appear in the yn2. Sorry, just throwing some useless info out. Good work on the loco!

Hey Brenden! Thanks for the heads-up on the AC6000 info. I've had a few people tell me it looks more like the ACXXXX series than a next-gen GE-EVO. I think when I was building it I was looking at pictures of both and so I suspect some aspects of both locomotives showed up here. :blush: I also haven't seen an ES44AAC in anything but the "dark future" paint scheme...I just don't like that paint scheme as much so I went with the older YN2. :grin:

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

I have to say that I'm not the designer of the trucks, despite Swoofty often crediting me for them and despite me denying it several times!. I think I did modify the original design that I saw on Brickshelf to that which Swoofty uses but the original concept of the way they work is not mine.

Having got that out of the way, thats a very nice build

Tim

Edited by talltim